What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your favorite CU game

One to add, in case it hasn't already been mentioned. Maybe not the best, but a good win at home and very fun atmosphere (and all was still good as we hadn't yet figured out Tricky Ricky was such a horrible coach).

1995 #3 Texas A&M at #7 CU

Several good ones mentioned, I would add:

Fiesta Bowl against Notre Dame

KSU in 2002
The Fiesta Bowl was a straight up ass kicking - and it was glorious

That 2002 KSU game was great game management by the CU coaches and great individual effort by some notable CU players.
+ Bloom with the long TD when Newman tapped out for a rest - something the coaches spotted on tape
+ Strickland's huge hit on the east sideline in front of the student section to save the victory at the end

It was games like 2002 KSU that caused to me to think CU still "had it" when it really didn't.

So for us older Allbuffers, it wasn't my favorite game, but the ISU game in 1984 may have been one to remember for many and not all good reasons. The team was 1-10 my freshman year and looked to go winless in '84 when the ISU kicker missed a chip shot at the end to lose the game for the Clones. So again, the team was 1-10. It was the year that could have been much different, but Ed Reinhardt was injured against Oregon, and the team struggled dealing with it, which is perfectly reasonable given what happened.

I should've just done a top five list originally. With help from CUatthegame here goes:

1. http://www.cuatthegame.com/2007/cu-vs-oklahoma/ Best game I witnessed as a student
2. http://www.cuatthegame.com/2005/colorado-state-2/ First game at Folsom
3. http://www.cuatthegame.com/2007/cu-vs-nebraska-nov-23-2007/ Laying 65 on the cornholes
4. http://www.cuatthegame.com/2016/nov-19th-washington-state/ The Rise - first ranked win at Folsom since when? Welcome to the fight!
5. http://www.cuatthegame.com/2016/nov-26th-utah/ The Rise part II - Clinched the division

Of course 62-36 was glorious and one that goes down in history as the begging of the end for the nubs. Unfortunately, I watched it on tv and didn't attend in person.

So for us older Allbuffers, it wasn't my favorite game, but the ISU game in 1984 may have been one to remember for many and not all good reasons. The team was 1-10 my freshman year and looked to go winless in '84 when the ISU kicker missed a chip shot at the end to lose the game for the Clones. So again, the team was 1-10. It was the year that could have been much different, but Ed Reinhardt was injured against Oregon, and the team struggled dealing with it, which is perfectly reasonable given what happened.

This was my first game at Folsom! I was in 7th grade and have been hooked ever since. But boy do I have a asstastic record when attending games in person. Most memorable that i’ve Been to in person was the Miami brawl game. Watched James Hill, who I saw in high school, help someone rip the face mask off a cane.

Last edited:
This was my first game at Folsom! I was in 7th grade and have been hooked ever since. But boy do I have a asstastic record when attending games in person. Most memorable that i’ve Been to in person was the Miami brawl game. Watched James Hill, who I saw in high school, help someone rip the face mask off a cane.
That Miami game was fantastic! So close to the win, and then the Big East officials called the phantom o-line face mask.

Christmas break my Fr or Soph year the Buffs went down south and whipped alabama in a bowl game. Especially nice because the locals wouldn't treat CU's black players like human beings - tried for separate dining, lodging, etc. And this was pre-trump.

Washington 1990. Deon Figures broke up consecutive Brunell passes in the endzone to preserve a 4 point win. Something like 27-23. So many great players on both teams that day. I think Washington came in ranked #1. Could be off by a few spots.

The Buffs played the top teams in the SEC - Tennessee - The Big 10 - Illinois - And the PAC...8? - Washington - that season. In addition to Oklahoma, Nebraska, and eventually Notre Dame. And they played on that horrible sanded field at missouri.

Last edited:
No particular order:

1989 CU v. Illinois - first time I really understood how awesome this all is.

62-36, only time I have ever rushed the field

2002 at Nebraska, that train ride home was epic

Salaam's 2k game

2001 Big 12 championship game. Had a buddy on the team and he got me a player's ticket. Sitting 50 yard line on temporary seats. Even got handed the t-shirts and hats after the win. Special times.

1994 against Wisconsin.

No particular order:

1989 CU v. Illinois - first time I really understood how awesome this all is.

That video is awesome!

My favorites have all been listed so I'll say some of the away games I've been to have been very memorable. We lost at Miami, Georgia, and the Fiesta Bowl, but I had a fantastic time at each despite the outcomes. Also, for as much as the CSU series is kind of lame now, there have been some amazing games. The lightning game and the goal line stand at Folsom are classics.

62-36

But I was at the 91 Fusker tie mentioned a couple times. I was 6, and it was COLD. My dad ended up taking my cousin and I to the bowling alley on 30th (I think? Isn't that Best Buy where the bowling alley was?) at halftime because it was too cold. I distinctly remember watching the 2nd half there. That was a great game.

Back