What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA QB Nick Hirschman (Committed to Colorado)

IMO, I'm glad he is learing from the best before he gets here. Since we cannot seem to develop them here.:sad2:

First, I don't think it is fair to say that we cannot develop quarterbacks. On what evidence do you base this assumption? I think Cody's struggles have been more attributable to his physical skill set. I doubt we would see different results even if Bill Walsh were his QB coach. Tyler has not played enough yet to determine if coaching is a problem. It's not like we have had highly rated prospects continually fail under this regime.

Second, assuming arguendo that we indeed cannot develop a quarterback, I don't think it is in our best interest to express this opinion in a recruit's thread.

First, I don't think it is fair to say that we cannot develop quarterbacks. On what evidence do you base this assumption? I think Cody's struggles have been more attributable to his physical skill set. I doubt we would see different results even if Bill Walsh were his QB coach. Tyler has not played enough yet to determine if coaching is a problem. It's not like we have had highly rated prospects continually fail under this regime.

Second, assuming arguendo that we indeed cannot develop a quarterback, I don't think it is in our best interest to express this opinion in a recruit's thread.

I agree. The point I was trying to make was the fact that Nick is trying to improve himself even after getting a scholarship offer. His thorwing form has really inproved between his junior year and now.

Hirschman broke his fibula and missed this week's game.

LINK

Thats freakin great. Our bad luck is now filtering down to kids who have not even signed there LOI

Get better Nick. We need you bad.

:sad1: That's a bummer. Get well Nick! Will he play again this season or is he out? I'd assume a broken fibula would be a season ender.

:sad1: That's a bummer. Get well Nick! Will he play again this season or is he out? I'd assume a broken fibula would be a season ender.

Latest word is it is NOT broken, but is a hairline fracture and he is expected to play later this season, maybe as soon as this weekend.

Meanwhile, a highlight sentence from the homecoming game.
Friday night was a big homecoming game for the Wildcats, as they suited up against rival Saratoga. It turned out to be a big night for the passing game as Nick Hirschman threw for 413 yds. and 5 tds. in just over two quarters as the Cats beat Saratoga for the 22nd straight time, 47-0

And a second article says:

If you like the air game, you liked this match as there were six touchdowns through the air. Nick Hirschman had a stellar campaign throwing for 413 yards and five TD's, and this was in just a little over two quarters of football and on a bum ankle that he rolled up on after being tackled from behind by #85 Kyle Keating after he saw nobody open and broke from the pocket. "I think the only way Nick would have come out of that game was if he broke his leg!" said Butch Cattolico after the game. "He's sore, but he'll be ready for Palo Alto, he really wanted to beat Saratoga after last year's near loss."

Awesome, sounds like a warrior. Part of me wishes he'd just call it a day though so he doesn't injure anything further.

If anyone is interested there's a new video on scout highlighting his Senior year, I don't know if you need premium to view it.

Not to put too much pressure on the kid, but I really have a good feeling about him. He's definitely a pure pocket passer, but has a way of avoiding the rush and feeling the pressure around him. His HS OL really looked subpar, but he didn't look like he wanted to start running around, he slid around and found a receiver. He also has a very good arm, best we've seen around here in awhile I think. His mechanics also look very much improved.

Oh and Kiseau will love it that he might be at his best when rolling out. He even had some nice throws rolling out to his left.

Oh and Kiseau will love it that he might be at his best when rolling out. He even had some nice throws rolling out to his left.

Why? Where is Kiseau going to be coaching next year?

:lol: true, let me change that. Whoever is our OC next year will be happy to see that he may be at his best when rolling out!

Hirshman expected to play this weekend. It was a hairline fracture, not a break, he took one week off to "solidify" and is back behind center.

CU Quarterback Commit Back in Action (Rivals Premium)

Enjoyed his official visit, Tyler Hansen was host.
Trying to get other recruits to commit to CU.

NICKHIRSCHMAN4_2200A.JPG

Hirschman has thrown 22 touchdowns
and no interceptions.

Hirshman expected to play this weekend. It was a hairline fracture, not a break, he took one week off to "solidify" and is back behind center.

CU Quarterback Commit Back in Action (Rivals Premium)

Enjoyed his official visit, Tyler Hansen was host.
Trying to get other recruits to commit to CU.

NICKHIRSCHMAN4_2200A.JPG

Hirschman has thrown 22 touchdowns
and no interceptions.

Glad it's not serious, but this makes me nervous. I hope he's fully recovered.

Glad it's not serious, but this makes me nervous. I hope he's fully recovered.

Yeah. Glad it's not serious. Love the toughness and willingness to play with pain/injury. But I selfishly don't care about his high school team and just want him 100% when he gets to CU. Fingers crossed.

16-24 3 td's no picks on friday.

season totals 25 tds ZERO PICKS

Rivals
Scout
ESPN

NICKHIRSCHMAN4_2200A.JPG

Los Gatos HS (Los Gatos, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 212 lbs

Per Rivals we got a QB. ESPN has him rated fairly highly on the 150 watch list. Scout ranks him #60 and 3 stars.

http://www.colorado.rivals.com/barr...ipt=content.asp&cid=959243&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recr...ng/tracker/player?recruitId=75141&season=2010

The University of Colorado gains a commitment from Los Gatos High School's Nick Hirschman

Great to have him here at CU. Great QB, we had to play him in high school. I went to SFHS in Mountain View, CA, and saw first hand(from the stands) that this guy has an arm. Glad to see he is coming to CU!
Smart kid too, had an offer at Harvard. But he chose to come here, alot can be said for that...

So is he committing to CU or committing to Hawkins? If Hawk gets the boot in December, does he still sign on NLOI day?

So is he committing to CU or committing to Hawkins? If Hawk gets the boot in December, does he still sign on NLOI day?

In an interview, he said he was a rock solid verbal unless there were major staff changes. So I would say that he committed to Hawkins and Kiesa, not just CU.

In an interview, he said he was a rock solid verbal unless there were major staff changes. So I would say that he committed to Hawkins and Kiesa, not just CU.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for this kid then.

My guess is only that if Hawk is let go,he would wait tos ee who is brought in as the new HC. Still mucho opportunity here; maybe even more with Hawk gone.

And the hits just keep coming:

He's having a great senior year.
49ers Kelly-Moore High School Player of the Week Award for week 9 goes to Nick Hirschman from Los Gatos High School.
http://www.49ers.com/community/arti...the-Week/c1d51f48-8e77-4b3f-83f9-b90150b7d859
Ya, man. With a fractured fibula, no less.

After missing one game with a hairline fracture in his fibula, Senior Quarterback Nick Hirschman returned to the field Friday night, demonstrating the form that has secured his place at the University of Colorado next year.
some briefs:

• Nick has thrown for 25 touchdowns in eight games and has zero interceptions.

• Against Wilcox, Hirschman completed 16 of his 24 pass attempts, threw for three touchdowns, and of course had no interceptions.

• Every week, Nick hosts “Lineman Dinners” for the offensive linemen. Through this, you get a sense that Nick understands that even though he is a fantastic football player, it takes every single person on the team to win games.

• He gets two tickets to a 49ers game for this honor. :smile2:

I could be wrong, but I heard 2nd hand that the kid loves Boulder and CU and is pretty much a lock either way.
And what does he have to lose? Either he gets Hawk, or hopefully a better coach.

This guy has offically reached Clark Evans status in my eyes!

so who wears whose pajamas?

I believe they agreed to compromise to avoid worlds colliding and a cataclysmic showdown... and they both just wear CU Snuggies. :smile2:

330003.jpg

I believe they agreed to compromise to avoid worlds colliding and a cataclysmic showdown... and they both just wear CU Snuggies. :smile2:

330003.jpg
:scared2::ahhhhh:

Back