What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO QB Austin Hinder (Signed to Cal)

Re: '10 CO QB Austin Hinder (Committed to Cal)

Clearly you misunderstand the point of this post. First, his willingness to be pictured with CU recruiting letters signifies that he's at least open with the concept of being associated with CU. It also shows that CU is quite possibly still actively recruiting him. Finally, as for your clarification that whats in the picture is not "memorabilia" but rather a recruiting letters; thats just petty. If your going to add a post, at least make sure it provides some insight. The whole point was that Hinder was willing to have a picture with a CU logo, and pyschologically, that sends a strong message for a person purportedly committed to Cal.

Clearly you misunderstand the point of this post. First, his willingness to be pictured with CU recruiting letters signifies that he's at least open with the concept of being associated with CU. It also shows that CU is quite possibly still actively recruiting him. Finally, as for your clarification that whats in the picture is not "memorabilia" but rather a recruiting letters; thats just petty. If your going to add a post, at least make sure it provides some insight. The whole point was that Hinder was willing to have a picture with a CU logo, and pyschologically, that sends a strong message for a person purportedly committed to Cal.

Chiggity check yo-self befoe you wreck yo-self. Foo.

Incredibly insightful post.

If you want to think CU has a shot at Hinder because of a pic with his recruiting letters then go ahead. :thumbsup:

20090630__20090701_C03_SP01BRITE%7Ep1.JPG

Using your logic Kansas State, LSU, KU, and Auburn are now all back in the race for Hinder. I'm sure Cal is shaking in their boots. :smile2:

...wait a minute. I just spotted some Boise State memorabilia! Look out Cal!

Sorry, its hard for me to take someone seriously when they use smiley faces on their posts. Its only serving to reestablish your pettiness. Of course, your probably thinking "if your posting right now, doesn't that make you petty?" In one word, yes. However, the fact remains, your inability to take critique shows a level of inmaturity I thought a person with your....erm....prestige I'll call it...would not have.

If you want to think CU has a shot at Hinder because of a pic with his recruiting letters then go ahead. :thumbsup:

Using your logic Kansas State, LSU, KU, and Auburn are now all back in the race for Hinder. I'm sure Cal is shaking in their boots. :smile2:

...wait a minute. I just spotted some Boise State memorabilia! Look out Cal!

I can pretty much bet you Hinder didn't set up the shot, some photographer thought it would be cool and set the letters around. Colorado's are black background with lighter letters, make for great contrast against the sea of white; also a decent photog would make sure the hometown school was featured (for once.)

But I doubt Hinder spent any time thinking about the background in his photo. Zero, is my best guess.

Sorry, its hard for me to take someone seriously when they use smiley faces on their posts. Its only serving to reestablish your pettiness. Of course, your probably thinking "if your posting right now, doesn't that make you petty?" In one word, yes. However, the fact remains, your inability to take critique shows a level of inmaturity I thought a person with your....erm....prestige I'll call it...would not have.

The internet is serious business.:lol:

You're free to believe whatever you want. Not sure why you're choosing to go after Valdez just because you do not like what he has to say about Hinder.

Actually, his hand is resting on the K-State memorabilia, as if he's embracing it. A clear indicator that Snyder still has some tricks left up his sleeve.

20090630__20090701_C03_SP01BRITE%7Ep1.JPG

I agree, smiley faces show a lack of maturity and or "in"maturity as you called it. Trust me,you don't want me spell checking you. One more thing......

:lol::lol::lol:

I agree, smiley faces show a lack of maturity and or "in"maturity as you called it. Trust me,you don't want me spell checking you. One more thing......

:lol::lol:

syko, you forgot the :finger:

:rofl:

Man you Canucks are a wacky bunch. :smile2::lol:

I warned you, but you went ahead and wriggity wrecked yourself anyway.

Canadian beer sucks.

Someone hasn't had good canadian beer. I suggest you make a trip to liquormart. There are some WONDERFUL canadian beers.

I'd start with Unibroue: http://www.unibroue.com/english.cfm

If you don't know where to go from there, ask the beer clerk. You have a great resource at liquormart - use and appreciate it... everyone doesn't have that kind of knowledge (or inventory) at their disposal. Enjoy.

Someone hasn't had good canadian beer. I suggest you make a trip to liquormart. There are some WONDERFUL canadian beers.

I'd start with Unibroue: http://www.unibroue.com/english.cfm

If you don't know where to go from there, ask the beer clerk. You have a great resource at liquormart - use and appreciate it... everyone doesn't have that kind of knowledge (or inventory) at their disposal. Enjoy.

That said, drinking outside of colorado as a college student is probably a mistake unless you are doing it out of curiosity. The colorado brewing community cannot be beat. Take the annual pilgrimage to the Great American Beer Festival, brew your own, and have fun. That's my best advice.

I got a peek on Saturday at Austin Hinder, Steamboat Springs’ quarterback known here and throughout the nation.
He can play.

The California commitment will need regular protection, which may turn out to be a chore for this season’s Sailors, but he can move, run to daylight and anticipate, not to mention complete a variety of throws.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/preps/2009/08/30/un-hinder-ed-sailors-can-cruise/

Following grandpa: Steamboat Springs' Hinder headed to Cal

By PATRICK BAHR/The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel
Thursday, August 27, 2009

There never was much of a question of where Steamboat Springs quarterback Austin Hinder wanted to play his college football.

Hinder wanted to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather, former St. Louis Cardinals head coach Jim Hanifan, and play for the University of California-Berkeley Golden Bears.

“If you asked him when he was 10 years old where he wanted to play college football he would have said Cal,” Steamboat Springs coach Aaron Finch said. “That’s always been his dream, so to have the opportunity, we are really excited.”

More...

Back