What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO RB Mister Jones (Signed to Texas A&M)

Re: '10 CO RB Mister Jones (Soft Commit to Colorado)

If there were doubts a kid can qualify, doesn't that affect stars?

Thought that was why Will Jefferson was available so late in the game. No punt intended.

Jefferson COULD qualify, but because there was confusion, schools stayed away, and with the lack of offers, no stars. Something like that.

Yeah. It was some **** about how their ratings were based on how they expect someone to do at the college level and that they could not project someone at the 4* level when there was a chance he wouldn't qualify. Seemed like bull**** to me when the guy posted it. I've seen Scout rate a number of guys as 4* that ended up at JUCOs. It's just the way that Scout's hscolorado guys seem to be looking at things.

If there were doubts a kid can qualify, doesn't that affect stars?

Thought that was why Will Jefferson was available so late in the game. No punt intended.

Jefferson COULD qualify, but because there was confusion, schools stayed away, and with the lack of offers, no stars. Something like that.
There has been plenty of kids on rivals that got 4-5 stars knowing they couldn't qualify anywhere. Same with Scout. I'm sure the reporters for both sites aren't asking teachers for their transcripts when evaluating them.

Then I have no idea.

But we like Jones and he likes us, so not going to worry about the stars.
He's got to know that he can be an impact player for CU, not buried in somebody's long-range depth chart.

There has been plenty of kids on rivals that got 4-5 stars knowing they couldn't qualify anywhere. Same with Scout. I'm sure the reporters for both sites aren't asking teachers for their transcripts when evaluating them.

See: Edward Nuckols

Re: '10 CO RB Mister Jones (Verbal to Colorado)

Just got back from the Thornton-Littleton game. Jones looks like a man among children out there. I'm pretty impressed. He must've run for well over 150+.

I noticed Darian Hagan and Kyle Ringo in the stands.

Nice valdez. Does he play both ways or is he strictly a RB?

Nice valdez. Does he play both ways or is he strictly a RB?
Strictly a RB. Thornton was clearly over matched in this game. So I'm not sure how to really evaluate Jones' game. It was 20 to 0 by the end of the first quarter. I think Jones racked up about 75 yards by himself on a single drive.

Thanks. That is one issue with Jones-the competition is really weak. Glad to have him on board though.

Jones' commitment seems to have solidified. He was at the game last night wearing a CU hat that he'd customized so it said Mister | Jones on either side of the logo. :thumbsup:

Jones' commitment seems to have solidified. He was at the game last night wearing a CU hat that he'd customized so it said Mister | Jones on either side of the logo. :thumbsup:
and those other visits he was taking?...

I hope he sticks around. Didn't he want to stay close to home?

Apparently one of the KU coaches told him to come to the game and that KU would prove why it was a better choice then CU...

:lol: Oops! He loved it when we won :thumbsup:

Apparently one of the KU coaches told him to come to the game and that KU would prove why it was a better choice then CU...

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I think the real reason one of the KU coaches told him to come to the game was because they were worried CU would not provide enough food for Fat-Mangino so they needed him around as an emergency meal. :smile2:

I Know I know, not cool to rip on other peoples weight but Mangino is to big a target to pass up.

Referred to CU as his "dream school" in the DP article today. I'm thinking we should change his status to "committed".

How sh***y of a place is Lawrence Kansas that they have to invite recruits on visits to road games.

Losers.

How sh***y of a place is Lawrence Kansas that they have to invite recruits on visits to road games.

Losers.

Actually Lawrence is a pretty nice town with a very good college atmosphere. I would rank it in the top 4-5 Big 12 as far as college towns go.

yeah, I've heard the same, BUT you have to admit the tactic backfired on Mangina. So, funny, to hear those asswipes thought they had the game in the bag.

Reality has a way of smacking you in the face.

Now, DH needs to keep the mometum going and break the other curse. Road games.

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I think the real reason one of the KU coaches told him to come to the game was because they were worried CU would not provide enough food for Fat-Mangino so they needed him around as an emergency meal. :smile2:

I Know I know, not cool to rip on other peoples weight but Mangino is to big a target to pass up.

ehh...At the same time, I've seen these KU shirts: "Our Coach beat Anorexia", "Our Coach can Eat Your Coach", etc. There is nothing on the front of the shirt that suggests that it's an anti-KU shirt, but it just says boldly, "KU FOOTBALL". I'm confused as to whether or not it's making fun of KU or not.

Lawrence is a very pretty town - spent a summer there, and I will say that it is not like the flat Kansas so many people imagine it to be. It's a cool spot - not Boulder by any means, but it's cool.

I'm excited to see Jones play for us. The article in the Denver Post about him makes him seem like a good kid with some nasty in his attitude. He's an athlete - I'm sure he could play secondary if needed...not that he would be warm to that idea.

Back