What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

104.7 Sports Radio

I'm hearing more Colorado talk on XM College Radio than Denver sports radio. Sad.

Bigger national story than local story.

Of all the things that surprised me when I moved here 18 years ago and continue to dumbfound me, at the top of the list is the single-minded focus on the Broncos within a sports landscape that includes a pro team in every sport, a major university, and several other universities that are also D1 in all or most sports, including a service academy. Not to mention all of the other 2nd level sports like hosting X Games and whatnot. It's bizarre.

Bigger national story than local story.

Of all the things that surprised me when I moved here 18 years ago and continue to dumbfound me, at the top of the list is the single-minded focus on the Broncos within a sports landscape that includes a pro team in every sport, a major university, and several other universities that are also D1 in all or most sports, including a service academy. Not to mention all of the other 2nd level sports like hosting X Games and whatnot. It's bizarre.

Big Al and D-Mac alluded to this the other day, by basically saying, "you should see our internal numbers about what people want us to talk about". From the sounds of it whatever analytics they have basically say the same thing, which is Broncos 24/7. That said, I agree with you. It really is puzzling that with an area that has a vast amount of sport options for entertainment and participation, that all we get is Broncos.

Big Al and D-Mac alluded to this the other day, by basically saying, "you should see our internal numbers about what people want us to talk about". From the sounds of it whatever analytics they have basically say the same thing, which is Broncos 24/7. That said, I agree with you. It really is puzzling that with an area that has a vast amount of sport options for entertainment and participation, that all we get is Broncos.
It is a Catch22. When all you talk about is the Broncos, no one gets educated on anything else and isn't interested.

When I moved to North Carolina, I could have given zero ****s about the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Bobcats, or UNC, Duke, NC State, or ECU. After 3 years of a 50 minute commute each way, I was mostly rooting for all those teams.

I'm hearing more Colorado talk on XM College Radio than Denver sports radio. Sad.
I've started mostly listening to the College Sports channel on sirius. Seems like they bring up Colorado football very regularly, a ton more than the local radio. 950 is a little better than a lot of the local stuff but still not as much as the national channels.

Al & Chad are trying to discuss Colorado football, but dbag continually interupts to insist that Mac is underpaid. He thinks he's making 1.2 million. What a jerk.

Their "numbers" come on the heels of 10 years of Buff suckitudeness and the Broncos being an NFL power and Super Bowl champion. To me, the "numbers" are driven by a bunch of bandwagon jumping fair weather fans. Well, fair weather fans, time to jump on the Buffs bandwagon, and when 104.3 calls you for their poll (Have they ever called or polled any of you?), tell 'em you love the Buffs.

It's also a self fulfilling prophecy. If all you talk about are the Broncos, Broncos are all the listeners know about. Maybe try educating people on the Buffs and college football.

Last edited:
Their "numbers" come on the heels of 10 years of Buff suckitudeness and the Broncos being an NFL power and Super Bowl champion. To me, the "numbers" are driven by a bunch of bandwagon jumping fair weather fans. Well, fair weather fans, time to jump on the Buffs bandwagon, and when 104.3 calls you for their poll (Have they ever called or polled any of you?), tell 'em you love the Buffs.

Some truth to this? Have you noticed an increase in CU gear lately? Just ran to the store in Broomfield, and there was a TON of people in CU gear. Way more than I've ever seen

Some truth to this? Have you noticed an increase in CU gear lately? Just ran to the store in Broomfield, and there was a TON of people in CU gear. Way more than I've ever seen
That's cuz our gear is way cooler than Bronco gear. We are black and goald with a charging Buffalo. They are orange and blue with a dumbfounded looking white horse with an orange mane. Have you ever seen a horse with an orange mane other than at, maybe, a circus?

Al & Chad are trying to discuss Colorado football, but dbag continually interupts to insist that Mac is underpaid. He thinks he's making 1.2 million. What a jerk.
His entire purpose is to be an irritant, plain and simple.

It's also a self fulfilling prophecy. If all you talk about are the Broncos, Broncos are all the listeners know about. Maybe try educating people on the Buffs and college football.
Just added the word to my ever-increasing vocabulary courtesy of Allbuffers. Very nice!

definitely getting more comments when I wear buff gear too. Some people still don't realize what's happening though. Was at a bar celebrating on sunday last weekend. Bartender is some guy who is barely 21. He sees my "Make CU great again" hat and asks "It's gonna take a LOT of work, aint it?"

I tells him: "We are top 10. We already are great again."

Him: ....

What an inspiring career choice. Is there really no other better host around that people are stuck with this maggot?

He's one of the better ones on Denver sports talk radio. Seriously. And all the complaints in this thread are also validly on point.

He's one of the better ones on Denver sports talk radio. Seriously. And all the complaints in this thread are also validly on point.

Says quite a bit about Denver sports talk radio if that is your opinion. I, for one, cannot stand him, regardless of his stance on the Buffs.

Says quite a bit about Denver sports talk radio if that is your opinion. I, for one, cannot stand him, regardless of his stance on the Buffs.
With competition that includes Mike Evans and Scott Hastings, it's not difficult to be ever so slightly better. On the rare occasion I mindlessly tune in to 104.3 on Sunday morning heading to McGuckin, both Evans and Dbag are talking NFL. Nauseating.

definitely getting more comments when I wear buff gear too. Some people still don't realize what's happening though. Was at a bar celebrating on sunday last weekend. Bartender is some guy who is barely 21. He sees my "Make CU great again" hat and asks "It's gonna take a LOT of work, aint it?"

I tells him: "We are top 10. We already are great again."

Him: ....
Told my father if we win the game on saturday, plus the CCG, we have a coin flips chance of being in the top 4 team playoff. He looked at me stunned, finally saying a non-commital "wow".

Told my father if we win the game on saturday, plus the CCG, we have a coin flips chance of being in the top 4 team playoff. He looked at me stunned, finally saying a non-commital "wow".
shocked.gif

People want to live vicariously through winners. Nuggets are not winners. Rockies are not winners. Avs used to get good run from when they arrived through 2001 but as the greats retired and the team slumped, so does the attention of fans.

If CU keeps being top 15 year after year they will gain traction. But Pat kept the Broncos so good for so many years that that is the habit that was imprinted into the lives of sports fans in Colorado since the 60's.

Back