What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA WR Devin Lucien (Signed to UCLA)

Look on the bright side, maybe he'll steal a purse and have his scholly pulled. It's been known to happen.

We sound bitter. He chose a great academic school close to home - can't fault him for that.

The coaching situation on the other hand....

Probably for a different coaching staff. Wonder if he's factored that in?

sounded like he really didn't care about the coaching staff in the end. He wanted networking. Specifically dissed the necesity of a coaching staff or at least playing in a place that can get you to the NFL... Being in cali was more important to him than anything else. He may regret that in the future, but hopefully he enjoys the journey.

We sound bitter. He chose a great academic school close to home - can't fault him for that.

The coaching situation on the other hand....

I'll root for the kid. I always do for kids who were interested in the buffs but the hat thing was really weird for such a well spoken and educated kid.

Hey, we want our guys to stay home and often say on of the benefits is playing in front of family. The kid mentioned family and playing in front of them several times. Cannot blame him for that. Good luck to him but I hope he loses at least one time a year!

What does "networking" mean anyway? Like Colorado hasn't sent droves of kids to the pros, or Embo's staff doesn't have more NFL ties than Neweasel? Can't get Twitter in CO? What?

We sound bitter because we are bitter.

And we're gonna have to play against this kid every year.

I am not real big on all these "LOOK AT ME" announcements, whether they sign with CU or elsewhere. I prefer the kids who just send in their LOI and get on with it.

BFD. I would have loved to see him in the BnG, but for all we know, he's another Darrell Scott...or he could be another Julio Jones. We'll see....

What does "networking" mean anyway? Like Colorado hasn't sent droves of kids to the pros, or Embo's staff doesn't have more NFL ties than Neweasel? Can't get Twitter in CO? What?

It means he wants to stay in LA without just coming out and saying he wants to stay in LA.

We are a stolen purse episode away from having a bad looking depth chart at WR.

They just hired Mike Johnson from the 49ers, he's coached in the NFL for the past 10 years.

We are a stolen purse episode away from having a bad looking depth chart at WR.
a couple of the athletes we have signed are also WR candidates... plus there is the mystical backup plan. And do NOT forget spruce. I like that pickup a lot.

That said, you are right, we are scrambling for backup plans now. As embo just said "It would have been nice to have another receiver"

We have Clemons and Richardson next year, and that's pretty solid. But BB is right, we don't have much after that. Next year will be critical for WR recruiting. We'll need at least two blue chip guys next year.

a couple of the athletes we have signed are also WR candidates... plus there is the mystical backup plan. And do NOT forget spruce. I like that pickup a lot.

That said, you are right, we are scrambling for backup plans now. As embo just said "It would have been nice to have another receiver"

The attrition at that position is rearing its ugly head. We signed five WRs in the 2008/2009 classes and three of them (Blackmon, Ussery, and Simmons) never did a thing. It is one thing for a guy to never live up to his potential, but to have three guys never make a single catch in a CU uniform... yikes. Probably need to move Jefferson back to WR or hope someone like Darden can step up. Spruce will get early playing time too.

So glad we got Clemons and Richardson.

The attrition at that position is rearing its ugly head. We signed five WRs in the 2008/2009 classes and three of them (Blackmon, Ussery, and Simmons) never did a thing. Probably need to move Jefferson back to WR or hope someone like Darden can step up. Spruce will get early playing time too.

So what was the scoop with Ussery? Anyone know that is willing to talk? If not appropriate here, Barzil? i had high hopes for him.

The attrition at that position is rearing its ugly head. We signed five WRs in the 2008/2009 classes and three of them (Blackmon, Ussery, and Simmons) never did a thing. Probably need to move Jefferson back to WR or hope someone like Darden can step up. Spruce will get early playing time too.

I forgot about Darden. He'll definitely see the field whether he's ready or not. And yeah, WillJeff will definitely be moving back to WR.

The attrition at that position is rearing its ugly head. We signed five WRs in the 2008/2009 classes and three of them (Blackmon, Ussery, and Simmons) never did a thing. It is one thing for a guy to never live up to his potential, but to have three guys never make a single catch in a CU uniform... yikes. Probably need to move Jefferson back to WR or hope someone like Darden can step up. Spruce will get early playing time too.

Embo just said he likes WillJef at WR in the press conference.
So what was the scoop with Ussery? Anyone know that is willing to talk? If not appropriate here, Barzil? i had high hopes for him.
Concussions and lack of desire to continue playing the game.
I forgot about Darden. He'll definitely see the field whether he's ready or not. And yeah, WillJeff will definitely be moving back to WR.
Confirmed per above about willjef... darden is intriguing.

Come on, the kid's seen lots of guys play with the hats over the years, and he's just an 18 year old having fun. Give it up.

especially since he practically put the Miami hat on.... then threw it off. That was a little lame. But he's a 17-18 year old kid. Probably seemed like a good idea at the time. Anywho, I'll wish him luck, but I can't wait till some Buff plants him in the turf if he gets on the field this fall. Go Buffs!

Ussery is all about the academics. If he becomes President of Nike like his pops later on... that's good news for CU

Hope he runs a crossing route across the middle and gets planted by Major. He'll also have to learn two playbooks in less than a year most likely, shame.

He made it sound like Miami was his #2 choice which makes this a little easier to stomach. Pretty sure we were not going to get him with or without ucla. On a side note I cant say I blame him. He gets to stay home and clearly family and friends are very importaint to him (r u listening leilon). He also gets good weather, academics, and Westwood is a nice area. Its not like he shunded us for Iowa St.

No but he is going to play for Slick Rick for a year before UCLA goes on probation.

Still hurts. It was a position of need and one where he could have stepped in right away and made a big splash. That, and it would have been nice to steal a recruit away from a division foe, instead, we'll have to play him every year.

Back