What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA WR Devin Lucien (Signed to UCLA)

Except you would have like 100 hats to chose from cause you like every school
I already went through it in another thread but...
1. You can go **** yourself. I didn't know me liking other teams other than CU a crime and makes me a bad CU fan.
2. When it came down to football, CU is the only school I would play for.

Embree said when he got hired that WR would be a recruting priority and then today he said he wanted another WR but it doesent seem like they targeted many players. They had 2 wr's in for visits and there were (reportadley) only two other guys they had interest in (jafus gaines, marvin hall). You cant cast a small net and expect to catch many fish. Pulling schollies from simmons and celistine didint help the cause either.

I already went through it in another thread but...
1. You can go **** yourself. I didn't know me liking other teams other than CU a crime and makes me a bad CU fan.
2. When it came down to football, CU is the only school I would play for.

If CU was looking for 5'9", 160lb creatine freaks...:lol:

We sound bitter. He chose a great academic school close to home - can't fault him for that.

The coaching situation on the other hand....

I'm not bitter. I'm just consumed by a gnawing hate in my gut, that burns until I can taste the bile in my mouth.
- Woody from Cheers

We need WRs but we don't need guys just because they are WRs. Embree is showing that he isn't interested in guys just to have guys, he wants players who can contribute.

Next year he will have a number of positions that have to be priorities, WR among them. We will also need DTs and a top flight QB. Other needs will show themselves over the course of the next year as well.

What we don't need is a guy taking up a schollie for four years who doesn't make us a better team.

With a full year to target and recruit the right guys we should see those needs adressed next year.

Good luck him to him at ucla. We will knock him around when we play them and show him he choose the wrong school.

Dang! He was one I hoped for. Good Luck! Off topic, seems Rick somehow had enough sperm cells and a woman willing to have sex with him to create a son. He's a rated QB in SoCal as a junior and lists UCLA as his favorite. Would love to see nepotism repeat itself.

Yep, lucien would have made this class much better, guy is a stud. Hopefully we get the same reasons why willingham chose CU.

Now that its over, were buffscoop and/or Adam M. right about where he would go?

both were confident yesterday afternoon. Buffscoop changed their tune and said fucla all the way around midnight. adam and the RRIP on his board didn't hear anything else until signing so it came as a surprise.

both were confident yesterday afternoon. Buffscoop changed their tune and said fucla all the way around midnight. adam and the RRIP on his board didn't hear anything else until signing so it came as a surprise.
Long live the RRIP. At least he didn't sign with Duke.

Dang! He was one I hoped for. Good Luck! Off topic, seems Rick somehow had enough sperm cells and a woman willing to have sex with him to create a son. He's a rated QB in SoCal as a junior and lists UCLA as his favorite. Would love to see nepotism repeat itself.

Oh, man, I'd pay to see that play out with him.

we sound bitter. He chose a great academic school that offers a degree in rap music and is close to home - can't fault him for that.

The coaching situation on the other hand....

fify.

Just a thought I had. When your coaches own son goes to UCLA and he himself and our offensive coordinator once left jobs at CU to take ones at UCLA and the person hosting Lucien on his recruiting visit originally committed to UCLA and only came here because he was kicked off their team, it makes CU a tough sell, regardless of the circumstances behind those moves. These are the people trying to convince him that CU is a better fit then UCLA and yet there actions inidcate the opposite. And I guarantee you that UCLA made sure that Lucien was well aware of these things as they will with recruits we go up against them for in the future. Im not "blamming" Embree or EB for trying to advance their careers and move on to another school and I realize that his son didint have a scholarship offer from us, but still these things dont look good.

If you start looking for all these different tangents, you will get lost very quickly. The truth of the matter is, assistant coaches move around quite often and that includes to different schools within a conference. Sometimes the simplest explanation fits: Lucien wanted to play close to home.

The reason a football coach (especially a position coach) may leave one school for another has NOTHING to in common with why a kid may choose a school.

Embree/EB may have left CU for opportunity or perhaps they didn't get along with Watson or Barnett. Those guys are long gone. The much bigger point is they both chose to attend CU as player/students and have chosen to come back. Buffs4Life, etc.....

Embree's own kid chose UCLA after attending High School (3 years) nearby and growing up in that program while his dad coached there. Lastly, he certainly wasn't going to choose to come to CU under Hawkins. Had the staff been different then, he certainly may have.

I think you are thinking too hard there JRK.

I think you are thinking too hard there JRK.

:nod:

Lucien pretty much just decided he wanted to stay close to home despite the fact that the coaches who were recruiting him to UCLA were either fired or left for other jobs.

Just a thought I had. When your coaches own son goes to UCLA and he himself and our offensive coordinator once left jobs at CU to take ones at UCLA and the person hosting Lucien on his recruiting visit originally committed to UCLA and only came here because he was kicked off their team, it makes CU a tough sell, regardless of the circumstances behind those moves. These are the people trying to convince him that CU is a better fit then UCLA and yet there actions inidcate the opposite. And I guarantee you that UCLA made sure that Lucien was well aware of these things as they will with recruits we go up against them for in the future. Im not "blamming" Embree or EB for trying to advance their careers and move on to another school and I realize that his son didint have a scholarship offer from us, but still these things dont look good.

I heard JE, his son, PRich and EB are all related, in some way to Kevin Bacon too... strange. :wow:

Easy guys, im not saying that its because of those things that Lucien chose UCLA. I understand he wanted to be close to home. Im just saying that it doesn’t look good. If I were in Devin's position those things would definitely cause me to think about the merits of picking CU over UCLA. I mean you have P-Rich showing you around all weekend and honestly what school do you think he would rather be at? In recruiting you need all the advantages you can get. Picking a school isn’t always an exact science. Todd Peat Jr. said that he chose NU because he was driving one day and saw a Nebraska license plate and thought that it was "sign". These facts that you say im over thinking may matter a lot to certain players, especially ones torn over a decision.

Easy guys, im not saying that its because of those things that Lucien chose UCLA. I understand he wanted to be close to home. Im just saying that it doesn’t look good. If I were in Devin's position those things would definitely cause me to think about the merits of picking CU over UCLA. I mean you have P-Rich showing you around all weekend and honestly what school do you think he would rather be at? In recruiting you need all the advantages you can get. Picking a school isn’t always an exact science. Todd Peat Jr. said that he chose NU because he was driving one day and saw a Nebraska license plate and thought that it was "sign". These facts that you say im over thinking may matter a lot to certain players, especially ones torn over a decision.

Could work both ways though. I dunno how pritch feels, but he could see his deal as a blessing in disguise. I know I would. Have you been to UCLA? The campus is nice (no boulder, though), but it certainly does not have that college atmosphere that makes college great. I think there are like two bars and the stadium is far far away.

Sure it helps to have advantages in recruiting, but distance is always a major factor in recruiting, particularly when you are talking about competing with UCLA for a Los Angeles-area player. I just think you are a little hung up on something that really is of minor concern to most kids.

Sure it helps to have advantages in recruiting, but distance is always a major factor in recruiting, particularly when you are talking about competing with UCLA for a Los Angeles-area player. I just think you are a little hung up on something that really is of minor concern to most kids.

Ok so you have two guys trying to convince you that their school is better then the other. One of the guys own son goes to the other guys school. That wouldnt make you a little skeptical? Not to mention the other things I wrote earlier. Especially as someone from so-cal who as you mentioned might already prefer to be close to home. Im not saying that this is the reason someone would choose not to go to CU, but we are going to be going against UCLA for many players and I do think these things matter.

Back