What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA WR Michael Thomas

I "edited" it for him.

Didn't see the post but appreciate the edit. If somebody wants to make a constructive criticism of a recruit (ex. Wonder if this guy is fast enough/tall enough/skilled enough/would fit system, etc.?) and does it in a non-bashing way that is one thing but in a recruits threat we have to maintain a certain degree of class.

On a related note I am getting anxious about this one. Being in the football wasteland that happens between LOI day and spring practice I am looking for any bit of good news I can find. Gaining a big, fast WR who could be a difference maker would fit that description so I am getting frustrated waiting.

I can understand the player waiting, it's his life and a big decision but come on, get signed up as a Buff and give us some good news to talk about.

Hi. A friendly reminder from your forum etiquette police.

This is a recruit thread.

Carry on.

BTW, Buffnik already posted this link, but for anyone who missed it, Thomas is a player.
Breakout Player of the Year: Mike Thomas

26994_358792348978_758138978_3527142_2423727_n.jpg

Thomas became a dominant wide receiver for Taft and formed one of the best quarterback-wide receiver combos in the country with gunslinger Michael Bercovici. In the regular season Thomas had a mind boggling 82 catches for 1,656 yards and an incredible 22 touchdowns.

What really stood out about Mike’s play was the way he absolutely dominated opposing cornerbacks. Using an impressive combination of size, strong fundamentals and impeccable body control, Thomas made corners look silly all year as nobody ever really stopped him.
(read more: http://www.calihighsports.com/articles/276)

Kyle Ringo mentioned in his article about the kid from NM that we are still recruting Thomas. Although I think half the people on this board have better info then Ringo. He was scheduled to visit today, why he didint is anyones guess.

Actually, since the change in coaches, Ringo has been fed early and accurate information by the staff. The last staff and he were at war. Ringo seems to have made new friends in JE. He's getting inside info IMO.

Last edited:
Kyle Ringo mentioned in his article about the kid from NM that we are still recruting Thomas. Although I think half the people on this board have better info then Ringo. He was scheduled to visit today, why he didint is anyones guess.

I've only heard that Thomas was coming "next week" ... no specific date. There are a ton of reasons, like maybe he had a history quiz on Monday and couldn't miss school, or a family member wanted to make the trip with him and needs to give the boss more than 15 minutes notice to take a day off and book a flight. Or the staff wanted to devote itself to McCulloch and Thomas individually, instead of making it a combination visit, so they staggered the dates ... or maybe Thomas preferred to visit on the weekend, like a traditional official visit and meet more of the guys. It ain't always the kiss of doom, sometimes it's just logistics.

Back