What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#11 CU v #6 UNLV - March 15th, 8pm MT - NCAA Tournament 2nd Round Game Thread

Basketball amateur question - what is the defender supposed to do there? He is standing with his arms straight up - can he not move his feet?

The ball don't lie.

Tampon head has drawn two turrible calls already in this game. Refs must be too distracted by his hair to watch the game...

yeah.... misread my facts. thought it said 5000 on the wikipedias

You're right ... I must have been thinking of Santa Fe. Alby is just a little lower than Boulder, but as I said, it's not where UNLV plays more than once a year.

If they ever start hitting all these 3's they're trying, we could be in trouble. :huh:

If not ... the games in the bag. :nod:

They better start calling these fouls the same at both ends. :bang:

Refs need to get their heads out of their assess. As some have already posted, they're only calling the super obvious calls on them (after they molest our guards), and borderline things have gone UNLV's way as well.

If Buffs keep playing like we have, hopefully it won't matter much.

Forced them to go zone.

Not happy about that 3 second call. That was quick.

Here's the rule:

• It has a 3 ft. radius and restricts "secondary" defenders from taking a charge
  • It starts at the backboard, so anyone behind the backboard can still take a charge
  • If any part of you is on the line, inside the line, or above the line, you are in the area. This makes it difference from out of bounds and 3pt situation where you can lean over.
  • On an odd man break (i.e. 2 on 1, 3 on 2) everyone is a secondary defender
  • On a rebound play, including going back up after a rebound, everyone is a primary defender, so the arc is meaningless
  • In a zone, everyone is usually a secondary defender. Even though a zone is designed to let someone go by and someone else take over, they are still a secondary defender
  • Even if there is a secondary defender in the area, an offensive player can get called for a foul if the lead with a knee, elbow or shoulder

Dude was very obviously standing on the line..

Back