What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 NM WR Tyler McCulloch (Signed to Colorado)

Seriously why does every white guy have to be the next (fill in the blank of another white guy). Look at Nelson Spruce's profile its the same thing. Calling it right now McCulloch is the next Plaxico Burress, gangstaness included.

Seriously why does every white guy have to be the next (fill in the blank of another white guy). Look at Nelson Spruce's profile its the same thing. Calling it right now McCulloch is the next Plaxico Burress, gangstaness included.

This is just as dumb as comparing to him every tall white guy receiver. Burress was about 6-5/230 and could run a sub-4.6 40 coming out of college.

I hope he proves me wrong and can contribute to success down the road.

...I hope so too, because I"m in the same boat as you. This is a surprise move. I just don't understand it really. I guess we'll find out in four years if this guy can be a contributor or not...

I believe that someone brought up Mike Williams (USC, now Seahawks). That's a great example of a big WR who wasn't going to win a track meet.

A couple of years ago Mizzou added a 6'5 200 WR who was not rated by the recruting services and had no other offers. That player was Michael Egnew who is now one of the top TE in the country and had 90 catches last year. You never know...

Last edited:
Adam states he will be a hybrid WR/TE that staff believes will create matchup problems.

Frankly, a lot of guys were stretches the last few years. Hawk's under-the-radar guys worked out a lot better than the guys who had multiple offers for whatever reason.

BTW, when I watched Nelson Spruce's video I did not know he was White. He looked fast, athletic and with those sleeves on, I just assumed he was African-American. This guy, not so much. He moves like a white dude. A lot of great WR's though have and/or do.

Amongst my season ticket group, one of our common complaints the last few years was that Hawkins had "too many white dudes at WR". We lacked speed/size/quicks is what we were really saying.

And so we have it. Our African American head coach and offensive coordinator's first two WR's recruits at CU are white guys!

From the new Rivals article:

"I guess Colorado saw my tape and they just fell in love with my effort. I am big and physical and they like that even when I'm not catching the ball, I am running good routes and I am blocking good. As of right now they are looking at me as a true wide receiver but in a few years I may bulk up to 240-pounds or so. Who knows with my frame, so I might eventually move to tight end."

Lots of other good stuff about Embree, CU and the campus, his injury, why he's got a chip on his shoulder, etc. http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1189023

Adam states he will be a hybrid WR/TE that staff believes will create matchup problems.

Frankly, a lot of guys were stretches the last few years. Hawk's under-the-radar guys worked out a lot better than the guys who had multiple offers for whatever reason.

BTW, when I watched Nelson Spruce's video I did not know he was White. He looked fast, athletic and with those sleeves on, I just assumed he was African-American. This guy, not so much. He moves like a white dude. A lot of great WR's though have and/or do.

Amongst my season ticket group, one of our common complaints the last few years was that Hawkins had "too many white dudes at WR". We lacked speed/size/quicks is what we were really saying.

And so we have it. Our African American head coach and offensive coordinator's first two WR's recruits at CU are white guys!

There have been alot of great African american WR and white WR. The problem we had was that we just lacked talent at the position under hawkins. I am strong admirer of diversity. If you have different ideas from people from different backgrounds, you tendto have a strong team or unit.

Last edited:
Welcome Tyler!

Haven't even seen his videos yet, but obviously the coaches saw something in him. I'll trust their judgment on this one.

There have been alot of great African american WR and white WR. The problem we had was that we just lacked a good head coach under hawkins. I am strong admirer of diversity. If you have different ideas from people from different backgrounds, you tendto have a strong team or unit.
fify :thumbsup:

Welcome to the B&G Tyler!

I hope so too, I guess we can take a "under the radar' DT now right?

McCulloch's teammate wouldn't be the worst idea (Willie Pounds). But I think he's too much of an academic risk. But my favorite late qualifier option at DT, if he makes it, is Hanley from CA.

JE cut Duncan loose who signed with UNM and then signs a NM kid who was spurned by UNM. I guess we will know if JE has a clue in a few years. He has taken a few that had no other offers. I think it will be interesting.

Personally, I think a lot of kids are diamonds in the rough. It all depends on who you got to polish them, whether they shine at the next level.

Welcome Tyler! I for one am excited for you bring that big frame and good hands to our field. congrats!

After looking back at his film I am very excited! I don't profess to be a pro scout (unlike nearly everyone else on this board apparently) but there were some great things I saw.
1. All catches with the hands
2. Eventhough he is a slow white kid I kept seeing the DB's stopping to pick up their jocks.
3. Lots of yards after the catch
4. My favorite was his attitude, which is on display here
a) blocking! some great shots of him blocking my favorite is a series around 4 min with many good blocks. The best being when he jacks up some Db who goes rolling ten yards into the endzone and when he stands up Tyler puts him on his ass again!
b) tackling. There is a great series at around 7:50 where he lays the hurt on some people.

From my unprofessional standpoint he looks to have the skills and frame to be good. And he looks like he is ready to knock some ****in' teeth in when he steps on the field. I cant wait.

Again, Welcome aboard!

p.s. wasnt there a scene in Braveheart when all of the crusty Scotts started chanting McCulloch! after kicking some brittish ass?

From Embree:

“We’re excited to have him as part of the program, and he is a great addition for us. Tyler has a great combination of athleticism and size. Plus, he is an exceptional student (3.9 GPA).”

Back