What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA DE Kyle Kelley (Signed to Arizona)

What teams are moving to pure 3-4? I can only think of Georgia and Cal that have really moved to it recently.

I agree there are plenty of teams that run variations of a 3-4 on passing downs, although I'd argue that it moreso resembles a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5 than a 3-4.
Stanford and Cal runs the 3-4 mostly I believe. And also ND

What teams are moving to pure 3-4? I can only think of Georgia and Cal that have really moved to it recently.

I agree there are plenty of teams that run variations of a 3-4 on passing downs, although I'd argue that it moreso resembles a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5 than a 3-4.

We ran a 3-3-5 last year. That's more of the trend in college football due to the spread offenses. I believe that Nebraska switched to it recently.

Stanford and Cal runs the 3-4 mostly I believe. And also ND

Didn't ND switch back to 4-3 with the new coaching staff? No biggie, just thought they had.

Alabama runs a 3-4, for another example.

Good to see I'm not crazy. You damn people, I say it's rare, you guys hand out like 5 examples and try to tell me it's the majority!? !!!!

So anyway, AZ did an update with Kelley a couple of days ago. Seems he's going to take a trip down south to visit Florida among others and then decide after the summer.

http://buffscoop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11349

Asked if it is possible if the Kelleys might make another stop in Boulder, Kelley responded, "I don't really know. I'd like to if I can but it wouldn't be until after my other trips and then I also have summer football stuff at my school going on. There is a lot of stuff I have to do so I'm just not sure if we can fit it in."

Maybe Kelley is just a really nice kid, but that part leads me to believe we are good to go here. I mean, he might love Florida, but it seems we're standing out so far. He also said the last time he spoke to CU coaches was like two weeks ago... which doesn't please me. We should be sending this kid stuff all the time and trying to get him to call us all of the time.

Good to see I'm not crazy. You damn people, I say it's rare, you guys hand out like 5 examples and try to tell me it's the majority!? !!!!

So anyway, AZ did an update with Kelley a couple of days ago. Seems he's going to take a trip down south to visit Florida among others and then decide after the summer.

http://buffscoop.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11349

Maybe Kelley is just a really nice kid, but that part leads me to believe we are good to go here. I mean, he might love Florida, but it seems we're standing out so far. He also said the last time he spoke to CU coaches was like two weeks ago... which doesn't please me. We should be sending this kid stuff all the time and trying to get him to call us all of the time.

Can't tell if you think we have a good chance or not. When he said he hasn't spoken to CU coaches in two weeks that's probably not the coaches fault b/c I don't believe they can contact recruits yet.

They just can't call recruits. They can, however, send them letters, send them emails, stuff like that. They can also arrange for the recruits to call them.

He said everyone is showing him equal love, so it's not like we're dropping the ball completely here. I just wish we'd be sending him more emails or letters or whatever than once every couple of weeks.

I think we have a very good shot at Kelley. He has maintained his interest in us since we offered him first months ago. The fact that he would like to take another unofficial to visit is pretty lofty praise I'd think.

Sorry guys, my fault. I think anyone I really like promptly commits to some ****hole like Arizona. I'll refrain from posting a wish list for the world to see in the future. Unfortunately, I think there's still a few more from my wish list that will no doubt be committing elsewhere.

ESPN sucks. Just switched it to Arizona after having it up as ASU for over a day. I saw it, thought it might be an error, waited, checked back, waited, checked back... still ASU... changed his profile, ate dinner, checked back... and they fixed it to Arizona.

They either need to get serious about recruiting or get out of it.

Bump. not sure where he fits into our scheme. he's too light to be a DE for us, but too slow to be a OLB. That can change fast though. He was a soft verbal even before Stoops was gone. One to keep an eye on.

Bump. not sure where he fits into our scheme. he's too light to be a DE for us, but too slow to be a OLB. That can change fast though. He was a soft verbal even before Stoops was gone. One to keep an eye on.

215 is surprising. Obviously he'd be a good get, but agree. Maybe a redshirt year and time in the weight room could get him to 235, but we need him closer to 260, right?

Ideally 275+ at his listed height

Thanks Snow, would rep but have to spread some around. There is no way this kid gets to 275 without losing a lot of speed. That said, based on his star rating and offer list, I still would love to have him.

Thanks Snow, would rep but have to spread some around. There is no way this kid gets to 275 without losing a lot of speed. That said, based on his star rating and offer list, I still would love to have him.
his speed might be perfect for a pass rushing OLB in our "jack" position. Think a bigger stronger Hartigan. Want. He's just a bit of a tweener and we have no idea if he can cover.

his speed might be perfect for a pass rushing OLB in our "jack" position. Think a bigger stronger Hartigan. Want. He's just a bit of a tweener and we have no idea if he can cover.

Pretty sure that is the position we are recruiting him for and where he fits best.

He's more than fast enough for us at OLB. Plus, he has the thing you can't coach... CLOSING SPEED. This would be a HUGE pick up for us moving forward. Him and Juda would solidify the Jack LB spot for the next 4-5 years. Really want this kid. I think he's going to be a difference maker.

He's more than fast enough for us at OLB. Plus, he has the thing you can't coach... CLOSING SPEED. This would be a HUGE pick up for us moving forward. Him and Juda would solidify the Jack LB spot for the next 4-5 years. Really want this kid. I think he's going to be a difference maker.
I was going off his 40 time. After watching the film, I definitely think he owuld be a great Jack OLB. The question remains as to whether he is any good dropping into coverage though.

I think for that position it will be less of a necessity. The Sam will play over the TE like Major does now and that's the player who will have to be effective getting into coverage more often than not. The Jack is a position where that rush LB will 85% of the time be playing forward, not dropping back. Think DeMarcus Ware and Elvis Dumervil when he was in the 3-4. The only time when they won't rush is when we bring a zone blitz and try to confuse the QB or a 3rd and deep.

Back