What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA S Chris Solomon (Signed to Nevada)

No judgement on my part. I really liked Chris and thought he would get a schollie.
Well you would think so! Not being biased, but the kid is an absolute beast! He loves to workout, has second to none work ethic, possesses major intangibles, comes from a great family, has integrity, and high character! What more could you ask for!

May not be relevant. Look for the Buffs to be making moves and spots to be available. More moving parts than has been suggested.

What I don't know is whether Solomon is going to be a late qualifier. If he is (as well as some of the other 7 or 8 guys from our commitment list who aren't completely cleared academically yet), we may see oversigning and some grayshirting.

I agree and had a feeling a lot of that may happen! Everyone is making a big deal about his grades. He just has 1 "D" from freshman year, which he has been making up at a JC, so it will be an "A" when its all said and done. Got a 3.0 last year, and a 3.6 from the first semester this year!

This looks like one of those unfortunate situations where we just don't have enough space for all the players we really want. If we worked like Bama and some other schools we would just blow some smoke his way and sign him letting the chips fall as they may after.

I really wanted Chris like a lot of other posters here. I don't expect SOLOnation20 or anyone else to comment but I wonder/hope that it is now just a holding situation depending on potential other players at other positions of need. He seems like not only a talented player but a classy kid with a good family as well.

Solomon needs to announce! or am I missing something?
He tried to commit on wednesday! I dont know exactly what he was told, but it was along the lines academics, but I feel if that was the case then he would of been told a long time ago! I cant help to think it has something to do with already having 3 CBs committed already! But we really don't know what the truth is! All we know is that we want to be in BLACK and GOLD so bad!

This looks like one of those unfortunate situations where we just don't have enough space for all the players we really want. If we worked like Bama and some other schools we would just blow some smoke his way and sign him letting the chips fall as they may after.

I really wanted Chris like a lot of other posters here. I don't expect SOLOnation20 or anyone else to comment but I wonder/hope that it is now just a holding situation depending on potential other players at other positions of need. He seems like not only a talented player but a classy kid with a good family as well.

All he wants a chance! He knows and we know that he'll earn his way onto the field! This kid can literally play anything CB,S,RB,WR!

I'm hoping this is one of those instances where a schollie comes open around the May/June timeframe, and CS is still available. I'd really like to see him roaming the hallowed turf of Folsom Field.

Really wish this would work out. Solomon's film is beyond impressive, been saying it for months.

Last edited:
A lot of speculation in this thread. I think people should stop making declarations like they know what is going on.

A lot of speculation in this thread. I think people should stop making declarations like they know what is going on.
Honestly, no one is saying anything negative at all! A lot of their speculation is very valid, great points are being brought to the table! All of that should be encouraged! The only people who know what is truly going on is the coaching staff!

Solo, sorry to hear things aren't going perfect right now. We're all sending out Buff love to all of you. I can't speak for the coaches but obviously they were impressed enough to stay with Chris during this whole time. I think they do the best job they can at finding great players and more importantly people... (even Yuri) and Chris is clearly in that group. I've watched a lot of film in my day and Chris has the goods to be very successful on the next level. Not if, but when! Things have a way of working out so we'll all keep our fingers crossed for you and the family, lend our support to Chris, and we'll see what happens soon. I know one thing, drama doesn't end until the papers are faxed in on signing day. Keep that phone powered on, Chris to keep his head up and let's hope that he's is in the B&G next year. GOOD LUCK!

Solo, sorry to hear things aren't going perfect right now. We're all sending out Buff love to all of you. I can't speak for the coaches but obviously they were impressed enough to stay with Chris during this whole time. I think they do the best job they can at finding great players and more importantly people... (even Yuri) and Chris is clearly in that group. I've watched a lot of film in my day and Chris has the goods to be very successful on the next level. Not if, but when! Things have a way of working out so we'll all keep our fingers crossed for you and the family, lend our support to Chris, and we'll see what happens soon. I know one thing, drama doesn't end until the papers are faxed in on signing day. Keep that phone powered on, Chris to keep his head up and let's hope that he's is in the B&G next year. GOOD LUCK!

Thank you! That truly means a lot to us! Like I said stranger things have happened!

Man its really tough seeing somebody that wants to be a Buff this bad being turned away. Recruiting is such a crazy thing. Im gonna keep my fingers crossed on this one and hope that all of TeamSolo will be sporting the Black and Gold soon.

Man its really tough seeing somebody that wants to be a Buff this bad being turned away. Recruiting is such a crazy thing. Im gonna keep my fingers crossed on this one and hope that all of TeamSolo will be sporting the Black and Gold soon.

Agreed. There are tons of kids that want to be buffs. But we can't turn down kids that want to be buffs that are this freaking talented.

You want to change the culture? This is the type of kid you want on your roster. Make it happen.

I want Chris to be a Buff, agree with what you guys are saying.

A couple of positives here. One of which is that Embree is showing that he isn't the kind of coach to play head games with guys by oversigning guys that he knows he doesn't have room for. Better to not take a commit unless he knows that we can take him. Second is that Chris is a kid who would be a highlight of some of our recent classes, it's a nice problem to have to many good kids who want to be Buffs.

I do hope that a way can be found for Chris to be a Buff.

Agreed. There are tons of kids that want to be buffs. But we can't turn down kids that want to be buffs that are this freaking talented.

You want to change the culture? This is the type of kid you want on your roster. Make it happen.

I agree! Another thing is that they have 10 DL committed in this class alone, and only 4 DBs! And its not like they necessarily need them, they have a good amount of DL returning! Your never gonna have more then 4 DL on the field at any point in time! Against a pass happy PAC-12 your going to need 4,5,6, sometimes even 7 DBs on the field at the same time! So you would think if anything you would want the opposite in terms of the amount of total DBs being recruited! Like some of you guys have said, hopefully its just a waiting/holding decision because of position of need! I just can't wait till signing day so we can have a more clear understanding of the situation!

I agree! Another thing is that they have 10 DL committed in this class alone, and only 4 DBs! And its not like they necessarily need them, they have a good amount of DL returning! Your never gonna have more then 4 DL on the field at any point in time! Against a pass happy PAC-12 your going to need 4,5,6, sometimes even 7 DBs on the field at the same time! So you would think if anything you would want the opposite in terms of the amount of total DBs being recruited! Like some of you guys have said, hopefully its just a waiting/holding decision because of position of need! I just can't wait till signing day so we can have a more clear understanding of the situation!

I'd like for Chris to end up a buff, but I gotta stop you here. We will NEVER have 7 dbs on the field at the same time.

I'd like for Chris to end up a buff, but I gotta stop you here. We will NEVER have 7 dbs on the field at the same time.
Okay I agree that was a slight exaggeration, but everybody definitely has a nickel (5) and dime (6) package to counter 3 and 4WR sets! Quarter packages are of course a lot more rare and are situational! Greg Brown does have some very exotic blitz packages though! But you see my point though!

Hold off, if they have room they'll give him a scholly. Hes that good. If no room opens up, enroll at CU and earn a scholarship after the first semester. Has he thought about walking on? Or what other schools?

Huh? We have 3 healthy DLinemen for this spring and only 4 DE's. For any defense to be successful, you need to start up front. Our DLine absolutely stunk and was run over this season, this contributed to the secondary looking like crap. We need every one of these DLinemen that are committed to the team. Freshman are going to have to play signifigant minutes this season.
The secondary will get several injured players back in addition to some very talented DB's. I am not going to disagree, I think we take at least one more db if not two. Everything depends on who commits before signing day. Tillman may be taking a visit after NSD.

Last edited:
Huh? We have 3 healthy DLinemen for this spring and only 4 DE's. For any defense to be successful, you need to start up front. Our DLine absolutely stunk and was run over this season, this contributed to the secondary looking like crap. We need every one of these DLinemen that are committed to the team. Freshman are going to have to play signifigant minutes this season.
The secondary will get several injured players back in addition to some very talented DB's. I am not going to disagree, I think we take at least one more db if not two. Everything depends on who commits before signing day. Tillman may be taking a visit after NSD.

I defnitely agree with it all starts up front! Hands down the first level should always anchor the defense! I definitely overlooked the returning lineman! And to be honest that's the only point I was trying to make, how they should be able to take at least 1 more DB if not 2!

I wish Chris nothing but the best, no matter where he ends up -- hopefully it's in Boulder.

Would really love to have Chris play in Boulder. However, if that does not work out for some reason, I'm sure Chris will excel wherever he ends up and will make us all proud.

Still no official confirmation from Jeff Hall yet even though he's proclaimed to personal sources being committed but to not go public with it. I think Hall is a talented kid too but if he balks, it could open up a spot for Solomon.

Last edited:
Back