What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

If the kid has ambitions to play in the NFL it would be hard to find a better situation. A coaching staff that wants to run an offense similar to the prefered offense in the league utilizing the TE both as a blocker and a reciever. A head coach who was an NFL TE, other coaches who understand NFL schemes and skills. Combine this with a team with solid incoming QB prospects and little current competition for playing time meaning that he could see substantial playing time early in his career.

Since it's been almost a week since the ESPN BB linked published, I figured I'd post all of the CU parts for you guys:

Taylor McNamara
(San Diego, Calif./Westview) took his first official visit of the year this past weekend to Colorado and the Buffs made a very favorable impression on the talented tight end.

“It was unbelievable,” McNamara said. “To be honest, my mom is the one who kind of convinced me to take the visit because I wasn’t too sure I wanted to. She’s from Greely, Colo., and told me how much I would love it, and she was right on.

“I was exhausted when I got there because we played Friday night, then I had to some television thing and had to leave for the airport at 4 a.m. I got to Boulder and didn’t have a chance to meet with the coaches, I just went straight to the game and then watched Oregon light them up in the first half. I started thinking, ‘What am I doing here,’ but I understand they’re rebuilding and after talking more with the coaches, man, Colorado is definitely a great fit for me.”

McNamara said the coaching staff and the success coach Jon Embree has had with tight ends were major selling points.

“They have an NFL coaching staff, no doubt,” McNamara said. “EB [Eric Bieniemy] coached Adrian Peterson for the last six years and knows how to run a pro style offense. Then, coach Embree, I mean, what can you say about him.

“He got Daniel Graham at Colorado and Marcedes Lewis at UCLA the Mackey Award, he coached Tony Gonzales when he had some great seasons, and he knows how to use the tight end. He showed me some cut ups of those guys and routes they used to get them open, and I was blown away. Honestly I would have 2,000 yards receiving at my high school if we used some of that stuff, it was incredible.

“Another big factor is how much love the staff has shown me. I was the first tight end they offered, and they said I was the top guy on their board. I know they’re down now but those guys can evaluate talent, and I know they’ll bring in some great players and be competing at a high level very soon.”

That interview doesnt sound promising

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Here's another interview from his visit and who leads"

Does Colorado lead for McNamara?
Taylor McNamara (San Diego, Calif./Westview) took an official visit to Colorado last weekend and although the tight end said he's still a soft commit to Arizona, the Buffs could be the team to beat.
McNamara raved about his visit to Boulder about as much as I've ever heard a player rave following a trip. He loved the coaching staff, the campus, the chance to play early and most importantly, how he would be used in the offense. This all while watching the Buffs get blown out at home 45-2.
The tight end will still take visits to Washington, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Cal. The Cats don't appear to be a real player right now in this one, despite what McNamara may say publicly. When all is said and done, this one could come down to the Buffs and the Sooners, who are rising fast in this race as well.

When Biggins says we possibly lead, take that as a very positive sign. It will obviously be a battle though. OU has gotten their fair share of San Diego studs the last couple classes and I still think Notre Dame is a player here.

Sounds like we wowed him, but yeah, doesn't sound like he was overly high on us before the visit, which isn't great imo. Dillon has supposedly been selling CU to him for months now, and he didn't even want to go on the visit? Jeez.

Sounds like we wowed him, but yeah, doesn't sound like he was overly high on us before the visit, which isn't great imo. Dillon has supposedly been selling CU to him for months now, and he didn't even want to go on the visit? Jeez.
I'm really confused how that wasn't a positive interview for CU.

I'm really confused how that wasn't a positive interview for CU.

Honestly, you're growing dumber somehow. Did I ever say it wasn't a positive interview for CU?

The kid said his mom had to talk him into taking the visit. Not all that great in my opinion.
He shows up and sees us getting steamrolled and asks himself why he's even there. Not all that great in my opinion.

He then goes on to say a lot of great stuff about us, hence why I said we wowed him. I think there's a lot more positive stuff in there than negative stuff, but he obviously wasn't very high on us before the visit. That tells me he isn't buying what Dillon and the coaches had been telling him for months. It seems like he's pretty high on us right now, but will that hold up for another month or three? I don't know. I certainly hope so.

Honestly, you're growing dumber somehow. Did I ever say it wasn't a positive interview for CU?

The kid said his mom had to talk him into taking the visit. Not all that great in my opinion.
He shows up and sees us getting steamrolled and asks himself why he's even there. Not all that great in my opinion.

He then goes on to say a lot of great stuff about us, hence why I said we wowed him. I think there's a lot more positive stuff in there than negative stuff, but he obviously wasn't very high on us before the visit. That tells me he isn't buying what Dillon and the coaches had been telling him for months. It seems like he's pretty high on us right now, but will that hold up for another month or three? I don't know. I certainly hope so.
My bad I confused you with another poster in this thread.

Pretty much every Freshman coming in next year has a realistic opportunity to start.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=697

“I’m graduating early so I’ll be making my decision shortly after the Oklahoma visit. Right now, it’s a tough call because I loved all my visits and really like every school that I’m still talking with.”

He visited Notre Dame over the weekend and has visits with Oklahoma and Cal lined up next month. Pretty restrained in his comments, but early playing time is very important to him. We need him and the fact that he is an EE would be icing on the cake.

Yep... would start first game of the season next year imo. I know Washington has some nice young TE's... how about OU, ND, and Cal

I have to imagine all of those schools have talent at TE... much more than we do. Here is to hoping Dillon has some sort of sway on him and he bought into Embree's vision.

Back