What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO QB Cyler Miles (Signed to Washington)

The bonus with him is that he is a very good athlete. If he doesn't make it at QB then he is a good enough athlete to contribute at a number of other positions. He may not believe it but I have no doubt that this is what UW has in the back of their mind for him with the other guys they already have.

He still may make it at QB, Logan is a pretty good coach and having that talent around him lets him practice at a fairly high level. I'm glad we have Dillon instead of Miles but if he came to CU with the understanding that Dillon is likely to be the QB of the future I wouldn't mind at all.
That is a very good point I should have pointed out. I have seen him play every year the past two years this will be my third and he is a spectacular athlete that could play many positions and help a football team win a game. I just dont think he will translate well as a QB in the college game without the weapons he had at Mullen.

Wait so let me get this right. Our commit was named one of the 11 and miles was not correct? Dillon drops in the rankings and miles goes up? I am confused. If this is true then my assumption that all of these guys are full of **** (rivals, scout, etc), is correct.

Last edited:
Wait so let me get this right. Our commit was named one of the 11 and miles was not correct? Dillon drops in the rankings and miles goes up? I am confused. If this is true then my assumption that all of these guys are full of **** (rivals, scout, etc).

^^^^^This^^^^^

If the staff flips Cyler I will be happy to see him join the Buffs but if it is one or the other make mine Dillon, thank you.

^^^^^This^^^^^

If the staff flips Cyler I will be happy to see him join the Buffs but if it is one or the other make mine Dillon, thank you.

Same here.

I hesitate to write this...but whatever. I had a conversation with someone that knows Cyler, and after our conversation, I HIGHLY doubt that he is going stay in-state. I'm not going to state what we talked about, but I think it's safe to wish Cyler the best of luck in all that he does (the person I talked to is someone I trust, so this person has no reason to lie about what he/she said...but at the same time, this person isn't a trusted confidant of Cyler). I really hope that Cyler learns some great life lessons while in college and matures into a quality man in the future (this is not to say he's not well on his way right now). Best of luck in everything except if he plays against CU.

Wait so let me get this right. Our commit was named one of the 11 and miles was not correct? Dillon drops in the rankings and miles goes up? I am confused. If this is true then my assumption that all of these guys are full of **** (rivals, scout, etc), is correct.

Actually, this is somewhat refreshing. The Rivals scouts are not the same guys picking the top performers at the elite 11. In other words, they have made their own decision. It's okay for different evaluators to have different opinions. In fact they are all wrong probably more than they are right. They are judging 17 year old kids who have yet to physically mature in many cases.

I couldn't care less what happens to Miles. Apparently I'm alone in that..

You guys do realize that flipping Miles, or even trying to flip him could cause us to lose Dillon? You know, the guy that is ranked just as highly and actually wants to play for us?

We have two premium QB's coming into the fold by next year. If Cyler says he wants to play WR or DB, i'd be willing to listen. We're full on scholarship QB's until next year.

I'm catching some of Mullen vs Bear Creek tonight and saw a little of their last game on TV. This kid is a great athlete but his throwing motion sucks. It looks like he's throwing a javelin. Suspect as a D1 pro style QB imo.

If Miles spends more than 5 practices at QB at Washinton I will be surprised.

They have a number of young QBs, including some who are higher profile and/or higher rated than Cyler. Miles is also the one from the least important state to Washington in terms of recruiting.

More importantly Cyler is the best overall athlete of the bunch and much more capable of switching positions quickly and contributing.

They have a number of young QBs, including some who are higher profile and/or higher rated than Cyler. Miles is also the one from the least important state to Washington in terms of recruiting.

More importantly Cyler is the best overall athlete of the bunch and much more capable of switching positions quickly and contributing.

The kid wants to play QB and he has been recruited as one nationally. Elite eleven status I think. And what does the fact that he is from Colorado have to do with this? You might need more oxygen.

No way in hell id want Miles over Dillon in our system. Dillon is a much better fit. Watching both throw the ball, think we got the right guy. Miles is a better athlete not a better qb imho.

The kid wants to play QB and he has been recruited as one nationally. Elite eleven status I think. And what does the fact that he is from Colorado have to do with this? You might need more oxygen.

He may want to play QB and Washington may be telling him he will be a QB but when he gets there he is going to find a logjam at the position, Washington has been recruiting a bunch of pretty good QBs recently. They have some other guys who are arguably rated as high or higher than Cyler, they also have Montana who is going to get his shot simply because of the noteriety of his name. If as is likely Cyler ends up at the back end of a list of QBs they are going to start recommending position changes. Of the group, Cyler is likely the best pure athlete and most suited for performing at another positon.

The fact that he is from Colorado also plays a big part in it. Moving guys from their prefered positions can alienate potential recruits. UW doesn't exactly fill their roster with Colorado players, given the choice of potentially alienating prospects from Colorado or alienting prospects from California or Washington who do you think they are going to risk? Everything else being equal the Colorado kid is virtually always going to have to be a step better just to get an even shot at most schools outside of Colorado.

He may want to play QB and Washington may be telling him he will be a QB but when he gets there he is going to find a logjam at the position, Washington has been recruiting a bunch of pretty good QBs recently. They have some other guys who are arguably rated as high or higher than Cyler, they also have Montana who is going to get his shot simply because of the noteriety of his name. If as is likely Cyler ends up at the back end of a list of QBs they are going to start recommending position changes. Of the group, Cyler is likely the best pure athlete and most suited for performing at another positon.

The fact that he is from Colorado also plays a big part in it. Moving guys from their prefered positions can alienate potential recruits. UW doesn't exactly fill their roster with Colorado players, given the choice of potentially alienating prospects from Colorado or alienting prospects from California or Washington who do you think they are going to risk? Everything else being equal the Colorado kid is virtually always going to have to be a step better just to get an even shot at most schools outside of Colorado.

Your post makes no sense.

Don't care if he throws the ball like a javelin as long as he it is accurate. Cyler is accurate, and if he wants to play QB, i believe he can do it. Washington is not the right school for him. I would advice him to go to Vanderbilt or Illnois. Steve Young, Cam Newton, Phillip Rivers are just few QB that didn't have the so called text book throwing motion.

Back