What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO QB Cyler Miles (Signed to Washington)

Moved up to #35 on Rivals. Still think that's over valuing someone who didn't tear it up last season. He had a good performance at the AA game but I also think they're over valuing that as well.

Moved up to #35 on Rivals. Still think that's over valuing someone who didn't tear it up last season. He had a good performance at the AA game but I also think they're over valuing that as well.

#35 is rarefied air. Seems high, but he did look good at the AA game. Hope he has a great career at Washington except for the couple times he'll play CU.

@GregBiggins Greg Biggins

#Washington QB commit Cyler Miles took an OV to #USC this weekend his father confirmed, family said they didnt want it out until Sunday

Interesting...

IMO, I don't think the UW coaches see Cyler as a QB. They are going to let him compete for the job, but when they bring in a BC QB, ****'s going to hit the fan. Sark will try to convince Cyler to switch positions, and Cyler will transfer to Colorado State. :smile2:

I still think Cyler Is a better overall QB than Shane is.

I think you are nuts. Cyler is a significantly better athlete than Shane is, no question about that. As a QB I would take Shane any and every day of the week (unless you want to run something like a spread option that requires the QB to be highly athletic.)

If Cyler goes to SC that means that he also acknowledges that he won't be a D1 QB, no way in the world he ever starts for SC at QB. Frankly I don't see him lasting more that a week at QB for Washington either.

We'll find out. There's a lot to like about Cyler. No complaints about Shane and think he's going to be a really good one.

Just had a very interesting conversation with a person who has some knowledge of the Mullen program from the inside. So I won't give up WHO, but I don't doubt the truth to this... First of all, CU was never interested in Cyler at QB. WR was their plan for him. So it makes sense that he would go to UW, where he was told he would have a shot. That also says that CU wants a pure passer and values Dillon much more. Second, Cyler is a MAYBE for Washington. He might be chasing jersey's and wants to go to the biggest program possible. We've seen how that can turn out, but best of luck to the kid. I'd bet that he ends up a WR no matter where he goes.

Just had a very interesting conversation with a person who has some knowledge of the Mullen program from the inside. So I won't give up WHO, but I don't doubt the truth to this... First of all, CU was never interested in Cyler at QB. WR was their plan for him. So it makes sense that he would go to UW, where he was told he would have a shot. That also says that CU wants a pure passer and values Dillon much more. Second, Cyler is a MAYBE for Washington. He might be chasing jersey's and wants to go to the biggest program possible. We've seen how that can turn out, but best of luck to the kid. I'd bet that he ends up a WR no matter where he goes.

Or it says CU was actually up-front, rather than just telling a kid what he wants to hear. And yes, I do think Dillon probably fits the system better, too.

Yes while Shane may be more set for the Pro-style, I have studied both of there films and Cyler is a much better Passer. Mullen ran more of a run first game. If you look at his throwing motion it is much faster than Shanes'. He has a Micheal Vick throw. Very fast. He is a much better athlete. IMO every program needs a mobile quarterback. He was without a doubt the best quarterback at the AA game. He is very accurate and most of his picks this season were caused by the WR running bad routes. Shane, is yes... a Good QB, but just doesn't have the attributes that Cyler has. He is awkward in the pocket and has a slow motion, but when you watch his film most of his pics were overthrows/underthrows or just bad decisions like throwing into double coverage. I am EXTREMELY happy we got Shane but i feel it was a bad decision not to go after after a 2nd QB as a backup or give Shane serious competition. Hell I would have been happy to recruit Apodaca hard. Either of those would be huge! what if Shane has a bad injury were screwed. Cyler and Apodaca are both with in 100miles from boulder. I just don't get it.

Yes while Shane may be more set for the Pro-style, I have studied both of there films and Cyler is a much better Passer. Mullen ran more of a run first game. If you look at his throwing motion it is much faster than Shanes'. He has a Micheal Vick throw. Very fast. He is a much better athlete. IMO every program needs a mobile quarterback. He was without a doubt the best quarterback at the AA game. He is very accurate and most of his picks this season were caused by the WR running bad routes. Shane, is yes... a Good QB, but just doesn't have the attributes that Cyler has. He is awkward in the pocket and has a slow motion, but when you watch his film most of his pics were overthrows/underthrows or just bad decisions like throwing into double coverage. I am EXTREMELY happy we got Shane but i feel it was a bad decision not to go after after a 2nd QB as a backup or give Shane serious competition. Hell I would have been happy to recruit Apodaca hard. Either of those would be huge! what if Shane has a bad injury were screwed. Cyler and Apodaca are both with in 100miles from boulder. I just don't get it.
I know right, how in the hell did the coaches like the top 7 Elite 11 QB more than the other guys?

bigbang's brother?

To get very good QBs like Dillon to commit, you promise they are the only QB you will take in that class. The staff is not introducing a bold strategy or anything. It is pretty much what you see everywhere.

They will try to sign another quality prospect in the 2013 class to give Dillon competition.

Thats why Cyler is rated higher than Shane in every recruiting site. Don't get me wrong. I love Shanes get. But i just dont understand why we go out of state when we could get an equal to shane and a very good back up in state.

Thats why Cyler is rated higher than Shane in every recruiting site. Don't get me wrong. I love Shanes get. But i just dont understand why we go out of state when we could get an equal to shane and a very good back up in state.

Shane showed better passing skills than Cyler at the Elite 11.

Whoa, who hooked you up with their Scout password?

Let me make this easier for you to understand since it has been said about 50 times in this thread already: Cyler Miles did not have much interest staying in-state. Instead of putting all of our efforts into recruiting him when it would have likely left us out in the cold later on, we decided to go hard after Dillon. To get Dillon, we promised he would be the only QB taken in this class.

Under your scenario, we might have ended up with Apodaca. We also might have whiffed completely.

Look I'm happy we got Shane but I'm just saying Cyler Miles IMO is a better QB overall, Shane Dillion is a better Pro-set QB.

Someone watched Miles play and came away impressed? He's a better Bernard Jackson with better passing abilities and better size.

Look I'm happy we got Shane but I'm just saying Cyler Miles IMO is a better QB overall, Shane Dillion is a better Pro-set QB.

You are going way beyond saying that and you know it. You are openly questioning the QB recruiting strategy of the coaches. Own it.

It's the Jarret Lee, Jordan Jefferson scenario. Which one is better for LSU? They try to run the Pro-set...

Are you seriously asking which one is better for LSU? Did you not watch any football this year?

Back