What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

Rumors that he's been booted out of Don Bosco Prep. Probably started by the guy in Michigan that released the tweets. If true, wonder how that affects his eligibility? Also, if I were him I'd get as far away from NJ as I could. Start over and get his head straight. Amazing watching this kid's recruitment unfold over the past week.

Describing someone as a Jew is not anti-semitic. That's all Yuri did. People should not assume any intent beyond that. It's unfair.

Can we get back to recruiting, please?

It sounds like we are pressuring Yuri to commit to the Buffs. If he doesn't pull the trigger, I think we're moving on.
:wow: :wow:

"I don't like the attitude of just recruiting any player who will help on paper."-NW Buff

IMO sounded like you were calling Yuri a bad person. If not my mistake.

Rumors that he's been booted out of Don Bosco Prep. Probably started by the guy in Michigan that released the tweets. If true, wonder how that affects his eligibility? Also, if I were him I'd get as far away from NJ as I could. Start over and get his head straight. Amazing watching this kid's recruitment unfold over the past week.
Is that a Catholic School?

Describing someone as a Jew is not anti-semitic. That's all Yuri did. People should not assume any intent beyond that. It's unfair.

Can we get back to recruiting, please?

It sounds like we are pressuring Yuri to commit to the Buffs. If he doesn't pull the trigger, I think we're moving on.

that didnt bother me

A random Rutgers fan on the rivals mainboard is saying Yuri is going to RU. TIFWIW

Rutgers fans have been chirping for days. Doesn't mean it's not true. But these are the same folks who were blasting Yuri on the Rivals MB a few weeks ago (when Rutgers was out of it) by saying he's an over-rated headcase thy don't want anyway. So, I don't think it's worth much.

One of the reasons that CU is a great place for Yuri is that it is far away from Northern NJ / NYC. Anyone who knows the situation knows that Yuri needs to get far away from that hole. At this point, if CU can't have him, I hope to God he chooses ND or UM, where he will have to toe the line, just like he will have to here. RU is not going to help this young Man.

One of the reasons that CU is a great place for Yuri is that it is far away from Northern NJ / NYC. Anyone who knows the situation knows that Yuri needs to get far away from that hole. At this point, if CU can't have him, I hope to God he chooses ND or UM, where he will have to toe the line, just like he will have to here. RU is not going to help this young Man.

Yuri's hometown and Dom Bosco and for that matter Rutgers are not exactly located in a "hole".

Actually parts of northern new jersey are very nice like wyckoff and Franklin lakes. I had a bunch of friends at CU from the area. A few actually went to Don Bosco.

Now paterson, new jersey on the other hand is stereotypical new jersey

Highly doubt ND continues to persue him after this, as stupid as it may be. Michigan is done with him and there has been rumors on the MB (take it with a grain of salt however), that he has two offers as of right now; CU and Rutgers.

So if he is expelled as reports suggest. How will that effect him qualifying. I mean he obviously has to enroll in another school asap and get his diploma. Anything else?

So if he is expelled as reports suggest. How will that effect him qualifying. I mean he obviously has to enroll in another school asap and get his diploma. Anything else?

Sounds like it's not an issue. Will finish at Spring Valley.

btw, the latest is that the "offensive" tweets were mostly him tweeting hip hop lyrics when he was 16.

This bs and unfair. Feel bad for yuri. I think becoming a buff will definetly bring his spirits up. I think this is stupid. Who cares what he tweets unless it's actually something wack. He was doing song lyrics and was hungry for some poon. This is dumb. Hope embo and co don't care as much as others

I don't know anything about "what" he tweeted about. He got kicked out of school for that? I'd hope not! I'm just not liking what I've seen so far from this guy. I think we'd be better off having Crawley.

Private schools can get rid of kids for almost any reason. In fact, many private schools have agreements/contracts that dictate behavior outside of the school day and not just school related behavior. At least in the states where I've lived, private schools aren't held to the same state laws that publics schools are.

A certain bunch of people have known about this for a long time. You could be one of those people.

Within the same thread, you also would have been able to learn about the greatness of a The Ohio State University education courtesy of tini. Your $ goes a long way in the cool kids' forum.

Certainly not the smartest kid that we have ever recruited. If we stopped recruiting him I wouldn't have a problem with it. If Embo thinks he can right this kid and they can both benefit from it, then go for it but right now it seems he is not on a good path. I see some weed references in there, assuming he can get into CU academically could this kid pass a drug test or are girls and weed more important to him? Will he have any energy left after spending all this time with all these girls? Lots of questions with this kid that no one can answer except for him and maybe the coaches.

Certainly not the smartest kid that we have ever recruited. If we stopped recruiting him I wouldn't have a problem with it. If Embo thinks he can right this kid and they can both benefit from it, then go for it but right now it seems he is not on a good path. I see some weed references in there, assuming he can get into CU academically could this kid pass a drug test or are girls and weed more important to him? Will he have any energy left after spending all this time with all these girls? Lots of questions with this kid that no one can answer except for him and maybe the coaches.

Pretty sure the weed tweet was a lyric post. You're blowing this **** out of proportion.

I can't let the "not the smartest kid" thing stand. I assume you meant "wisest". Yuri definitely got an education on the way the world works when you're under the microscope with a little bit of fame. I'm sure it humbled him some and he'll learn from it.

For the record, he tweeted that he didn't like weed whores. That tells you he isn't all that enamored with weed culture, not that he's a ****ing pothead. If you're concerned about recruiting kids who have smoked weed or are exposed to weed a lot, you can eliminate 90+% of the guys on our recruiting board.

And do you really think that getting laid could sap his football energy or was that a joke? :lol:

Back