What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

Certainly not the smartest kid that we have ever recruited. If we stopped recruiting him I wouldn't have a problem with it. If Embo thinks he can right this kid and they can both benefit from it, then go for it but right now it seems he is not on a good path. I see some weed references in there, assuming he can get into CU academically could this kid pass a drug test or are girls and weed more important to him? Will he have any energy left after spending all this time with all these girls? Lots of questions with this kid that no one can answer except for him and maybe the coaches.
way to blow this **** waaaaaaaay our of proportion

I can't let the "not the smartest kid" thing stand. I assume you meant "wisest". Yuri definitely got an education on the way the world works when you're under the microscope with a little bit of fame. I'm sure it humbled him some and he'll learn from it.

For the record, he tweeted that he didn't like weed whores. That tells you he isn't all that enamored with weed culture, not that he's a ****ing pothead. If you're concerned about recruiting kids who have smoked weed or are exposed to weed a lot, you can eliminate 90+% of the guys on our recruiting board.

And do you really think that getting laid could sap his football energy or was that a joke? :lol:
Well ya know Mick told Rock,"women weaken legs." Lol.

I can't let the "not the smartest kid" thing stand. I assume you meant "wisest". Yuri definitely got an education on the way the world works when you're under the microscope with a little bit of fame. I'm sure it humbled him some and he'll learn from it.

For the record, he tweeted that he didn't like weed whores. That tells you he isn't all that enamored with weed culture, not that he's a ****ing pothead. If you're concerned about recruiting kids who have smoked weed or are exposed to weed a lot, you can eliminate 90+% of the guys on our recruiting board.

And do you really think that getting laid could sap his football energy or was that a joke? :lol:

You can pretty much forget a lot of athletes in general and nearly everyone who goes to CU.

Well ya know Mick told Rock,"women weaken legs." Lol.

:rofl2:

Thanks for that. Now every time I read a post by Timmy, I'll be picturing this:

mentorsmickie.jpg

"Women weaken legs!" "You're gonna eat lightening and you're gonna crap thunder!"

Certainly not the smartest kid that we have ever recruited. If we stopped recruiting him I wouldn't have a problem with it. If Embo thinks he can right this kid and they can both benefit from it, then go for it but right now it seems he is not on a good path. I see some weed references in there, assuming he can get into CU academically could this kid pass a drug test or are girls and weed more important to him? Will he have any energy left after spending all this time with all these girls? Lots of questions with this kid that no one can answer except for him and maybe the coaches.

A typically well-researched post, I'm sure. But I'm curious since you forgot to include it - what is Yuri's GPA?

Chicken**** move by that booster and Don Bosco. Been tweeting for over a year, but let's wait until he can't play ball for us anymore, then we'll expel him. Not suspend, not discipline, just kick him the **** out. Weak sauce.

Now Rutgers is considering not bringing him in on an OV? I really don't get the backlash here. Yuri, get out of Jersey and get a fresh start as a Buff!

Seriously, this is blown waaaaayyyyy out of proportion.

Come on down to CU - we would love to have you

I finally got to see the tweets.

What a ****ing joke! He sounded like a pretty normal 18year old boy to me. He was pretty stupid for putting that **** up on the twitter, but 18 year olds are generally stupid. I will be excited to get him in the black and gold. I am sure he learned his lesson about the tweets.

Besides if he wants a white wife like he says in his tweets, we got plenty of em in boulder.

Yuri's tweets have been fodder for one of the sports radio stations here in Houston this morning (mostly about how Michigan pulled their offer) although most of the jokes were about the hypocrisy of it all.

The universe is saying that Yuri needs to come to Boulder.

First, Tosh Lupoi suddenly moves from Cal to U Dub.
Second, Michigan acts holier than thou and removes their offer.
Third, DBP expels Yuri leaving some to wonder if he's worth the risk.

When I think of many top flight athletes, there's some edge to them. That's what makes them a great athlete. They're willing to lead an unconventional existence and (insanely) put their bodies on the line for sport. With concussion research showing the increased risk for early onset dementia in contact sports, thousands of former players walking about with life-long injuries, etc. being a competitive football player is a big risk. With a kid like Yuri, there's a big risk that we HAVE to capitalize upon by increasing our recruitment of him.

He may very well flame out. Boulder weed and white poon-tang are uber-delicious potential distractions. Yet, if we can hone his skills and develop him the way we did with Jimmy, we could have a shut-down corner who can match up against big and fast receivers/TEs.

totally agree. Yuri, Boulder. Boulder, Yuri -- make it happen.

The universe is saying that Yuri needs to come to Boulder.

First, Tosh Lupoi suddenly moves from Cal to U Dub.
Second, Michigan acts holier than thou and removes their offer.
Third, DBP expels Yuri leaving some to wonder if he's worth the risk.

When I think of many top flight athletes, there's some edge to them. That's what makes them a great athlete. They're willing to lead an unconventional existence and (insanely) put their bodies on the line for sport. With concussion research showing the increased risk for early onset dementia in contact sports, thousands of former players walking about with life-long injuries, etc. being a competitive football player is a big risk. With a kid like Yuri, there's a big risk that we HAVE to capitalize upon by increasing our recruitment of him.

He may very well flame out. Boulder weed and white poon-tang are uber-delicious potential distractions. Yet, if we can hone his skills and develop him the way we did with Jimmy, we could have a shut-down corner who can match up against big and fast receivers/TEs.

Travis Rogers (former producer for Jim Rome), who now has his own show (and based on limited exposure to it, it's pretty decent), has some pretty harsh things to say about Yuri, as well as Colorado. I think he's giving Michigan and ND too much credit for being above all this (and his mention of Cal is absurd as well). Remember, I'm just the messenger here.
http://www.1560thegame.com/audio/travis-sounds-off-on-yuri-wrights-tweets-2965/

Travis Rogers (former producer for Jim Rome), who now has his own show (and based on limited exposure to it, it's pretty decent), has some pretty harsh things to say about Yuri, as well as Colorado. I think he's giving Michigan and ND too much credit for being above all this (and his mention of Cal is absurd as well). Remember, I'm just the messenger here.
http://www.1560thegame.com/audio/travis-sounds-off-on-yuri-wrights-tweets-2965/

Notre Dame gets credit? Last I heard, they hadn't really backed off and were trying to put Yuri in contact with a friendly PR firm to repair his image so they could sign him and still pass the red face test.

The only thing I agree with on the audio is that young kids do stupid things, and now with Twitter and Facebook, more people get to see them (and, quite frankly, to judge them). This doesn't make Yuri a bad kid. Just a young kid with a lot to learn. I trust Embo that if he thinks he can help Yuri grow up as a man and a football player, then bring him on. Ultimately, he is the one who has the most at risk here.

Why does this chump think CU is such a "stupid/dumb" school? Obviously he hasn't done his research. Fool.

Typical east coast mentality there. Nothing new. Easily ignored. It's so easy, in fact, that I've never even heard of the guy. Come to think of it, I've already forgotten his name. He's somehow associated with Jim Rome, right? Yeah, that's a big feather in his cap.

Yes, I understand that it is mostly east coast bias. It's just incredibly obnoxious. I grew up 10 minutes outside of Ann Arbor and came to Boulder to get away from the arrogance and stupidity that is so frequent there.. And I bet 95% of high school athletes tweet very similar stuff, along with the poor grammar because not many kids understands proper grammar anymore thanks to modern tech. I also bet half of their athletes would not make it through CU, because we DO NOT offer a general studies program for the actual stupid kids.

Back