What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX WR Connor Crane (Signed to Stanford)

Based on his metrics and film, I wouldn't offer him. I think Embree etal is looking for more speed outside. Let Turner Gill tutor him. Anyone who tries to decide between Kansas and CU should probably go to Kansas. There are so many more talented wide outs available.

So you will not offer a 6 feet 4 inches WR that can run 4.5. That 4.5 will most likely become sub 4.4 by the time he graduates. CU is recruiting him hard, it can go either way right now.

Based on his metrics and film, I wouldn't offer him. I think Embree etal is looking for more speed outside. Let Turner Gill tutor him. Anyone who tries to decide between Kansas and CU should probably go to Kansas. There are so many more talented wide outs available.

:facepalm:

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

Speed's one of his best attributes.

He ran the 400m in under 50 seconds this spring.

He's got great size on top of that. Crane is a very complete WR. We'd be fortunate to sign him and he's probably play as a true frosh.

I think I'll trust the opinion of the 12 BCS conf schools that have offered him over yours.

So you will not offer a 6 feet 4 inches WR that can run 4.5. That 4.5 will most likely become sub 4.4 by the time he graduates. CU is recruiting him hard, it can go either way right now.

I like his speed, but sub-4.4 speed is being a bit ambitious. Crane would be a nice pick-up regardless.

He has offers from Columbia, Dartmouth, and Rice. Not sure we want him messing up our APR.

According to az per twitter from the 28th, top 3 are now CU, KU, and Northwestern.

Seems like an easy choice to me.

According to az per twitter from the 28th, top 3 are now CU, KU, and Northwestern.

Seems like an easy choice to me.

hmmm. Northwestern worries me. Good academics, solid football. CU has worse academics and recently, far worse football.

hmmm. Northwestern worries me. Good academics, solid football. CU has worse academics and recently, far worse football.

For a kid that definitely is taking into the academic side of schools, Northwestern is always going to be tough competition. I hope we can sell on the fact that Bobby Kennedy's resume as a WR coach is far better than Northwestern's Dennis Springer.

For a kid that definitely is taking into the academic side of schools, Northwestern is always going to be tough competition. I hope we can sell on the fact that Bobby Kennedy's resume as a WR coach is far better than Northwestern's Dennis Springer.

And some other factors like Boulder being a one day drive from Texas, Northwestern is much more distant. Also for a kid from Texas the weather in Illinois is not exactly pleasant the months of the year when it is socked in with cold. Boulder has a much nicer climate, a prettier location, and is easier for the family to get up and see a game and enjoy the trip. He still gets a top quality school but with other major benefits

And some other factors like Boulder being a one day drive from Texas, Northwestern is much more distant. Also for a kid from Texas the weather in Illinois is not exactly pleasant the months of the year when it is socked in with cold. Boulder has a much nicer climate, a prettier location, and is easier for the family to get up and see a game and enjoy the trip. He still gets a top quality school but with other major benefits

We will see I guess. However, now that we've narrowed it down to CU and NW, he will pick Kansas just to annoy us :lol:

Speed's one of his best attributes.

He ran the 400m in under 50 seconds this spring.

He's got great size on top of that. Crane is a very complete WR. We'd be fortunate to sign him and he's probably play as a true frosh.

WRs catch the ball guys.

WRs catch the ball guys.

Got to get open to make that happen. Speed and size make that happen.

Are you questioning his hands? They looked very good to me on film. Not a body catcher from what I saw and while you'll never see drops on a highlight video, I doubt he'd have put up the numbers he did if he didn't have mitts.

I still hope we end up with this guy. Seems like he's getting tons of interest from many schools and has good academics.

Per 247, he just visited Tennessee and plans on deciding in the near future (next weekend), after visits to Cal and Stanford this week.

Don't like the odds, he would be a great addition, choosing CU would be right choice for him. To learn from good coaches and to play in a pro-style offense is the ideal fit for a tall reciever like him. If he goes to Northwestern or Kansas, it would be a bad fit for him. But i must say there are other options avaiable, and the commit of Jeff Thomas is a big get for CU.

Last edited:
Don't like the odds, he would be a great addition, choosing CU would be right choice for him. To learn from good coaches and to play in a pro-style offense is the ideal fit for a tall reciever like him. If he goes to Northwestern or Kansas, it would be a bad fit for him. But i must say there are other options avaiable, and the commit of Jeff Thomas is a big get for CU.
Agreed. JT was a big get and will make this sting a little less. CU needs to add some serious speed now to th WR position.

Cal, Stanford, Northwestern, and Tennessee. Which one of these is not like the others?

CU is a good education, but I cannot blame a kid looking at those first three schools. Great education and they have been winning recently.

Back