What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

Re: '14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Verbal to Arizona State)

I suppose all you guys have is weak academic smack right now. Nevermind. Carry on.

Can you now stop pretending he is going to school there for the top notch education. They have a good football program and a good coach. He will kill it in that offense.

ASU isn't actually a bad school. If Ned Flanders hadn't said anything, the reputation wouldn't exist. It's certainly not Stanford either, but there are several very strong programs.

A good friend's mom went there about 50 years ago, and she was a high school counselor. She highly discouraged me from applying there because she said the academics weren't up to my standards (I was only an A/B student, not an Ivy Leaguer by any means). I also had a lifelong friend who took 13 years from start to finish to get his undergrad there (no joke), and they just agreed to give him free tuition to get his Masters and Doctorate there in a combined program.

So no, this is not a new perception. ASU academics have always sucked.

Re: '14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Verbal to Arizona State)

So he seemed very high on Boise. What kind of impact did Peterson going to Washington have on him?

Was a long long time ago (class of 91), but back then ASU was the safety school for Californians who couldn't get in anywhere else. But considering CU's acceptance rate recently, guess we don't have a lot of room to talk.

It's still the safety school as my niece got into ASU but not CU, and is a JR in Tempe right now. Warm weather kids want to get out of the desert and mountain kids want to get out of the cold. I grew up in Phoenix and did the same thing.

But it does have some strong programs.

Ouch. Glad to see that commit is soft. ASU offers alot of temptations with the weather and their current ranking.

Ouch. Glad to see that commit is soft. ASU offers alot of temptations with the weather and their current ranking.
Nice looking coeds too, although CU is not too shabby in that dept either-the difference is in Tempe they are wearing much less most of the year.

Compared to University of Phoenix

Funny enough, when I worked at University of Phoenix we helped them add a bunch of programs and we were basically the architects for their online program. ASU was known as a piss poor academic school long before Ned Flanders said anything. Stereotypes don't exist without a little truth to them.

But yes, academic talk is stupid when talking about football. If it mattered than Stanford should be playing in the MNC.

Last edited:
well good freak'n morning... Sub zero temps here for 10+ days not helping on this one.

His verbal is soft and he still going to explore all his options as far as schools CU still has a chance all though I don't like that he probably considers them his back up school. I think he'll realize how important it is for our kids to stay in-state and show pride in being born and raised in Colorado I wouldn't be surprised at all if he signed to CU on national singing day CU just has to keep recruiting him hard and he would be able to get into CU no problem academics isn't an issue with him

bth_179.gif

Remains to be seen how he turns out as a college player, but this seems like a huge loss. Hope we can flip him before signing day.

This is what prolonged sucking will do to a program. I don't think he ever really gave CU much of a consideration. I don't think a lot of in-state kids do anymore. We're going to have to re-build with out-of-state kids, and that's harder to do. guh. I hate this. So depressing.

The sooner Graham leaves ASU, the better it will be for CU football. I hate that ****er, but he is building a strong program down here.

ASU game was an epiphany. Mac can out coach that guy if he has the talent.

Back