What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA OT Aaron Haigler (Signed to COLORADO)

Welcome aboard! Definitely see this guy as a great LT possibility. I think we will find that a lot of our interior linemen are linemen in high school while our tackles are converted TEs. Based on our history (Solder) this seems like a great call.

I love the strategy to get guys that play athletic positions and figure out what they grow into. TEs that might turn into OL, DL; S or RB that might be LB; LB that could be DL; etc.

Finally rated on ESPN. Switched from TE to OT there and came in as a 3*.

A lot of upside here. Legit size and played a whole season at OT against a very tough schedule. Credit to Bernardi's private school connections here.

Let me Rivals sub die, but I'd assume we should change the title of this thread from TE to OT....
Good point. I'm scared to do it because [MENTION=1852]Buffnik[/MENTION] has some organization system I don't understand and that might mess things up.

Good point. I'm scared to do it because @Buffnik has some organization system I don't understand and that might mess things up.

I hesitate to change the titles once they've been active for a while because I don't want to screw up the google page rank.

I've put Haigler at OL when I do the future roster tables.

Good point. I'm scared to do it because @Buffnik has some organization system I don't understand and that might mess things up.

I hesitate to change the titles once they've been active for a while because I don't want to screw up the google page rank.

I've put Haigler at OL when I do the future roster tables.
And Darth nailed it. The devious, calculating mind did have a master plan!

with basically no tight end, except maybe 5 plays this past season, really anxious to see Aaron next season also. I hope he is drinking protein shakes and lifting weights. Has an upside it seems.

with basically no tight end, except maybe 5 plays this past season, really anxious to see Aaron next season also. I hope he is drinking protein shakes and lifting weights. Has an upside it seems.

Don't think you will see him at TE unless it is for goalline. He played LT last year in HS and that is where he will most likely end up at CU.

Love the idea of having OTs who have the kind of quickness to deal with the outside speed rushers in the PAC and are still big enough to handle power rushers and run block.

He looks like a kid with the athletic ability and frame to become that.

Don't think you will see him at TE unless it is for goalline. He played LT last year in HS and that is where he will most likely end up at CU.

Love the idea of having OTs who have the kind of quickness to deal with the outside speed rushers in the PAC and are still big enough to handle power rushers and run block.

He looks like a kid with the athletic ability and frame to become that.

Definitely the Nate Solder type that played TE when he first got here and moved to Tackle. This offense isn't huge with TEs anyways, right? I know they started using TMac as kind of a hybrid TE/Slot WR toward the end, but I don't think it's really big on the traditional TE as we know it.

He weighed 255 on his OV; hopes to get up to 265 by time he gets to campus. I could go either way on a GS for Aaron. I don't think he will be needed on the OL for at least 2 years, so he will have time to redshirt and put on weight while in a college program.

I think it would be nice for him to get on campus right away. LT spot is potentially up for grabs sooner rather than later.

Sorry, should I put it back?

Don't worry about it. Generally, I'm good with switching them as info comes in until we get to some ill-defined part of the process with a lot of thread activity. It's a general thing. Haigler searches on their own are not going to move the needle much for AllBuffs. Probably more important to have accurate info anyway. I'm probably wrong on this one.

Did you get the Index edited with him moved to OT and deleted from TE?

Wonder how big he will be coming into camp next year.

The 6'7" 250 was coming off his jr year but he looks like a kid who is certainly still growing. Doesn't need to get any taller (But being tall didn't hurt Nate Solder any) but is still light for an OT. If he comes in at a solid 265-270 he could be close to 290 by his second year as a RS Fr.

Liking a lot of our future OL talent. His Iowa State offer would have come at a time when Chris Klenakis was the OL coach, he is a guy with a long history of finding unheralded guys who end up in the NFL. Not saying that is in Haigler's future but speaks well for his chances to be a solid contributor for us.

Don't worry about it. Generally, I'm good with switching them as info comes in until we get to some ill-defined part of the process with a lot of thread activity. It's a general thing. Haigler searches on their own are not going to move the needle much for AllBuffs. Probably more important to have accurate info anyway. I'm probably wrong on this one.

Did you get the Index edited with him moved to OT and deleted from TE?

I understand and will keep that in mind in the future. I did change the index too.

He weighed 255 on his OV; hopes to get up to 265 by time he gets to campus. I could go either way on a GS for Aaron. I don't think he will be needed on the OL for at least 2 years, so he will have time to redshirt and put on weight while in a college program.
This is progress!!! I am getting psyched about the OL.

He might not be needed at OT for a couple years, but as a big TE as he grows into OT, he could be very valuable early on.

Back