What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA QB Tyler Lytle (Signed to COLORADO)

18 year olds' eyes and ears are open, not sure why that's an issue. #recruiting
Only Sparaco is a sure thing at this point.

I thought about this yesterday. From Lytle's perspective, he is looking at sitting on the bench for three years behind Montez. I am not sure that was the case 2 months ago, I am assuming he believed he would be playing early. I would not be surprised to see him open things back up - unfortunately.
First of all if he redshirts it is only two years. And that is if Montez isn't amazing and goes pro a year early. He could easily get some playing time as a redshirt sophomore when Montez is a senior...then be the guy for two years.

You guys are scaring me now...I hope he isn't scared of a little competition. But I would be stupid if I didn't believe that maybe he has listened to other colleges recently. I just hope not, we need him.

That breed of kid wont shy from competition and I don't believe it is about that at all. If you know the HS league he is at all, they pump QB's out every single year. Rosen, Costello, and Waller being the of the most recent and not being overly familiar with the league I am sure I missed a few. If you are going to sit for 2 to 3 years these kids want to be at a top school on a winning streak and bowl bound. CU has not been that at all. It is rising, but not a done deal by far. You take chances on a rising program to play early and be part of it. You also go there because they have a Junior or Senior that are currently starting. Now he is looking at a RS Frosh that EVERYBODY is excited about and publicly anointed versus looking at one of his offers knowing he is likely the guy year one or worse case year two. This is going to be interesting. His twitter activity means he is listening and schools are shopping to get him. At a minimum I bet he adds officials. There is absolutely reason to be concerned. His twitter activity has also dramatically reduced regarding CU. Hopefully it means nothing.

Last edited:
That breed of kid wont shy from competition and I don't believe it is about that at all. If you know the HS league he is at all, they pump QB's out every single year. Rosen, Costello, and Waller being the of the most recent and not being overly familiar with the league I am sure I missed a few. If you are going to sit for 2 to 3 years these kids want to be at a top school on a winning streak and bowl bound. CU has not been that at all. It is rising, but not a done deal by far. You take chances on a rising program to play early and be part of it. You also go there because they have a Junior or Senior that are currently starting. Now he is looking at a RS Frosh that EVERYBODY is excited about and publicly anointed versus looking at one of his offers knowing he is likely the guy year one or worse case year two. This is going to be interesting. His twitter activity means he is listening and schools are shopping to get him. At a minimum I bet he adds officials. There is absolutely reason to be concerned. His twitter activity has also dramatically reduced regarding CU. Hopefully it means nothing, but.... I am going to show the kid some love. We need to stay on these guys.
Please don't tweet at recruits.

That breed of kid wont shy from competition and I don't believe it is about that at all. If you know the HS league he is at all, they pump QB's out every single year. Rosen, Costello, and Waller being the of the most recent and not being overly familiar with the league I am sure I missed a few. If you are going to sit for 2 to 3 years these kids want to be at a top school on a winning streak and bowl bound. CU has not been that at all. It is rising, but not a done deal by far. You take chances on a rising program to play early and be part of it. You also go there because they have a Junior or Senior that are currently starting. Now he is looking at a RS Frosh that EVERYBODY is excited about and publicly anointed versus looking at one of his offers knowing he is likely the guy year one or worse case year two. This is going to be interesting. His twitter activity means he is listening and schools are shopping to get him. At a minimum I bet he adds officials. There is absolutely reason to be concerned. His twitter activity has also dramatically reduced regarding CU. Hopefully it means nothing, but.... I am going to show the kid some love. We need to stay on these guys.

He is throwing CU watch parties at home. The kid is not going anywhere.

Just an update. It seems as if he doesn't mention being a Colorado commit on his twitter page any longer. The only header is now a 310 to 303 on the top. Making it even more vague. Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but somewhat alarming considering all the new recruiting stuff he's following as of a few days ago.

Just an update. It seems as if he doesn't mention being a Colorado commit on his twitter page any longer. The only header is now a 310 to 303 on the top. Making it even more vague. Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but somewhat alarming considering all the new recruiting stuff he's following as of a few days ago.
That's not vague at all.

Need to chill out. He has gone to different CU alumni watch parties for our away games. He is still helping us recruit players to CU. He is still committed to us. He hasn't said or hinted that he is taking any other visits or interested in any other offers. Its fine.

From it saying University of Colorado Commit to a simple 310 to 303. That seems vague and seems like he's not even a commit to any school at this point.

Or, since he just brought a bunch of Servite teammates on his visit and is driving things with a bunch of other LA recruits, they're using "310 to 303" as their trademark/slogan and he's the guy leading peer-to-peer recruiting in LA.

Or, since he just brought a bunch of Servite teammates on his visit and is driving things with a bunch of other LA recruits, they're using "310 to 303" as their trademark/slogan and he's the guy leading peer-to-peer recruiting in LA.
^^ This....
Lytle is a lock and a recruiting asset who will come to Colorado and be a very good QB and an even better leader.

Good Lord people, it's like y'all are in his damn bathroom. What kind of toothpaste does he use? Anyway, let him be a kid, we'll know if he's gonna show or not. He's got a lot going on, I don't think that means he'll leave at all.

Looked sharp and he'll tuck it if need be. Accurate and makes quick reads. The throw I liked the most was the rollout left and how he squared up to deliver the ball. That's not easy to do.

It's a tough decision for these kids and especially for him. Clearly his mind has been all over the place, hopefully he'll come to the conclusion CU is where he should be.

Anyone else find it odd that this wasn't reported anywhere before today?... Not good or bad, just odd.

When Buffstampede doesn't even know it, then it's a surprise. Something is going in the wrong direction for this QB.

Last edited:
Heard it was hush hush on IU's front and reporters were asked to not contact him

Heard it was hush hush on IU's front and reporters were asked to not contact him
Really? I can't really understand why. It was going to get out one way or another. Just delaying the inevitable. I just want a highly recruited QB commit that stays the path and trusts things to work out. It feels as if we are cursed with QB commits that say they are coming and end up changing their mind. (Webb and Jones)
I thought Lytle was different...

Back