What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV DT Greg Rogers (Verbal to UCLA)

I'd still love a DL with Ellis and Rogers. Nobody would be able to run in us.

I suppose it's true that you can't always get what you want.

If he chooses another school, which is likely, remember to act with class.

He was high on us at one point and just because he commits to the douches it does not mean its over.
I can't believe he wants to be apart of the douchey-est program in the Pac 12. I hope he has great personal success but I hope his team goes winless the next 5 years.
Ha.

Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy. Must......stay......classy.

I'll keep telling myself that.

My biggest question is how does a team like UCLA, who probably won't even make a bowl this year, land a kid like this when there are so many better teams trying to get him?

My biggest question is how does a team like UCLA, who probably won't even make a bowl this year, land a kid like this when there are so many better teams trying to get him?
Their recruiting staff is charismatic, and I think every 17 year old would probably be interested in going off to Southern California for 4 years.

Hollywood glitz and glam. The beach. The weather. Great academics. Some kids from warm weather areas just can't handle the thought of dealing with snow part of the year. Let's not act like UCLA has nothing going for it just because they've been mediocre on the field this year. The LA schools will always be able to recruit.

We will win some kids who want a real college town experience and fall in love with the beautiful campus. We will lose some who want big city life.

I wonder this about USC every single year. They're a more underachieving joke of a program than we've been the past ten years, yet the 4*s and 5*s keep rolling in.

Hollywood glitz and glam. The beach. The weather. Great academics. Some kids from warm weather areas just can't handle the thought of dealing with snow part of the year. Let's not act like UCLA has nothing going for it just because they've been mediocre on the field this year. The LA schools will always be able to recruit.

We will win some kids who want a real college town experience and fall in love with the beautiful campus. We will lose some who want big city life.
I don't begrudge a kid for wanting to go there. When I was his age I thought SoCal was the bomb. Now I won't go as far as to say "I can't stand" LA. But I've just come to think LA is crappy. But I'm not a beach guy, I guess. To me the beach is mold and mildew and termites and sand in your shoes, car, carpet, hair, etc. And don't forget smog and haze. The mountains are totally the opposite. But, yeah, we have cold and snow and slush from time to time.

Bradley is a pretty good defensive coordinator but maybe some coaching changes after this season will help us before signing day. Seems like a good year for him to get out of there and get back East.

I'm not saying they are worse than us, but they get some of the best talent in the country and squander it year in year out. You disagree?
Yes. Any sane person would disagree. Underachieving a bit? Yeah. However, since we joined the league the worst the Trojans have done is 2nd in the South. A far cry from the dominance of the Pete Carroll era, but bowl games every year is not my definition of squandering talent. What's happening in Eugene is squandering talent. But we're getting a bit off track in a recruit thread.

2011Lane Kiffin10–27–21st (South)6
2012Lane Kiffin7–65–4T-2nd (South)L Sun
2013Lane Kiffin
Ed Orgeron
Clay Helton
10–46–3T-2nd (South)W Las Vegas1919
2014Steve Sarkisian9–46–3T-2nd (South)W Holiday2120
2015Steve Sarkisian
Clay Helton
8–66–3T-1st (South)L Holiday
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I think this is the one guy we will really regret not landing in this class. Yes, there are other players that we will get and will contribute. I just think Rogers has the potential to be a next level player. It's going to suck playing against him.

I think this is the one guy we will really regret not landing in this class. Yes, there are other players that we will get and will contribute. I just think Rogers has the potential to be a next level player. It's going to suck playing against him.
They'd only regret not landing him if they didn't put everything they had into recruiting him or decided to "cool" on him and go a different direction. I assume the staff rolled out the red carpet and did everything they could to land him, and will continue to keep in contact with him until he signs. In that case, there's no regret, just unfortunate that he decided to play elsewhere.

They'd only regret not landing him if they didn't put everything they had into recruiting him or decided to "cool" on him and go a different direction. I assume the staff rolled out the red carpet and did everything they could to land him, and will continue to keep in contact with him until he signs. In that case, there's no regret, just unfortunate that he decided to play elsewhere.
I put a lot of effort into getting good loans for my bank. I still regret not getting some. We will regret not landing Rogers regardless of how hard we tried to get him.

Yes. Any sane person would disagree. Underachieving a bit? Yeah. However, since we joined the league the worst the Trojans have done is 2nd in the South. A far cry from the dominance of the Pete Carroll era, but bowl games every year is not my definition of squandering talent. What's happening in Eugene is squandering talent. But we're getting a bit off track in a recruit thread.

2011Lane Kiffin10–27–21st (South)6
2012Lane Kiffin7–65–4T-2nd (South)L Sun
2013Lane Kiffin
Ed Orgeron
Clay Helton
10–46–3T-2nd (South)W Las Vegas1919
2014Steve Sarkisian9–46–3T-2nd (South)W Holiday2120
2015Steve Sarkisian
Clay Helton
8–66–3T-1st (South)L Holiday
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I admit my great hatred for LA and USC makes me biased, but since Pete Carroll left they've consistently lost three or four conference games with the exception of 2011, and had a ton of coaching changes. I'd love to have that problem but their talent is ridiculous while mental toughness is questionable every season (except this one, unfortunately.)

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

What a difference an 8-2 start can be. At the end of last year, nobody was questioning why 4* and 5* players were selecting bowl teams over CU. Perhaps UCLA has their own "Rise" called "The Wave" and offered players early playing time. Sounds familiar...

Back