What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#19 6-0 Colorado Buffaloes at 7-0 Wyoming Cowboys - GAME THREAD

I'd be happy not scheduling road games at MWC venues with the exception of CSU and Air Force. I realize we see it as a good warmup for conference play, but **** it, if this is what is going to inevitably happen...

At least it won't hurt our RPI too much, unlike when you play a directional school.

It's important to note that Dinwiddie played his ass off until the final buzzer and has been doing that the entire season. He's the clear leader of this team in my opinion.

We'll see plenty more "hometown jobs" like this on the road. Welcome to college basketball, this is how it is. So we either stop playing like **** and learn to put forth the effort on defense and knock down the necessary shots to overcome it and win, or we'll scrape out 1 or 2 road wins maximum. It's really that simple.

It was nice knowing ya top 25. Maybe this team will learn to give a **** now that they won't be ranked

And this is why I take RealTimeRPI seriously. Their prediction of 78-72 Wyoming was remarkably accurate. They say we'll beat CSU 78-69 with 82.7% chance of winning (gave the Buffs 34% tonight)

We'll see plenty more "hometown jobs" like this on the road. Welcome to college basketball, this is how it is. So we either stop playing like **** and learn to put forth the effort on defense and knock down the necessary shots to overcome it and win, or we'll scrape out 1 or 2 road wins maximum. It's really that simple.
Well said. What separates the good teams from the great teams is how the team handles adversity on the road. It remains to be seen which category this team fits in. But I still have very high hopes about them.

Echo the general sentiment.

Refs were atrociously bad, but so were the Buffs. Played sloppy and a bit lazy at times. Way too many turnovers.

Washington utterly destroyed us. That had to be the game of his life. What can you do?

Lets learn from this and get ready for CSU.

Did that crazy ****er just say wyo and CU recruit against each other? Bitch please.

What we really need is for XJ to grow up fast. Without him coming into his own, we're way too reliant on Ski from the perimeter and Scott in the post.

What really worries me is the game at Fresno. Tonight isn't a total RPI killer. If we go out and stink it up on the road at Fresno, you're looking at a loss that is going to really, really hurt come March. It simply cannot happen.

Last edited:
Oh well, kind of over this one already. The team is 6-1, and that's better than I expected at this point so hopefully they play with more passion (anger?) against CSU.

WORST BROADCAST EVER

Ski needs a day of nothing to do with touching a basketball. Don't shoot a ball, don't look at one. Watch the tape to learn.

This is going to be a 20 win regular season.

Booker has to score for us to be really good. The freshman need to learn from this.

Dinwiddie was marvelous tonight...he needs to take the leadership of this team over and be more vocal

At least it won't hurt our RPI too much, unlike when you play a directional school.

I'm just not sure we need to be playing 2 MWC teams (none of which are CSU) on the road in one season. 4 games against the MWC? Why don't we just join? A loss on the road at Wyoming isn't crippling, but if we're going to go to the trouble of putting ourselves in loaded tournaments in November every year, along with an additional home/home with a top notch marquee OOC opponent, I'm just not seeing the necessity of playing 2 non-Colorado MWC teams on the road. Give yourself a home cupcake against North Dakota and get a W. I'm not advocating becoming one of these schools like Virginia Tech that plays like 1 OOC road game and just loads up on creampuffs at home knowing that they're going to get slaughtered in the ACC. I just think 2 non-Colorado MWC road games is not necessary and does little for us except bring on the inevitable more-often-than-not loss in a hostile arena against a mediocre team that has us circled as the game of the decade and subsequently mobs the floor and drives home slapping themselves on the back about how clever they were inventing that witty "C-U Later!" chant...

Last edited:
It's important to note that Dinwiddie played his ass off until the final buzzer and has been doing that the entire season. He's the clear leader of this team in my opinion.

Not just in your opinion. Last season it was obvious he was going to be our leader this year. He is the best player on the team by far and a great point guard.

Wyoming is becoming a solid program under Shyatt. He's a good coach and playing them in Wyoming is always, always tough. Not a crushing loss for us since Wyoming should finish top 80 RPI. I think we should play Wyo every year, it's a fun game to see. Go Buffs

UW got lucky on a number of last second prayers. The refs were a disgrace. If that is typical officiating in the Mac, I don't see the need to schedule them in the future.

That said, wyoming executed much better on offense than the Buffs. Boyle really needs to get the ball inside to Scott early in the possession. Chewing up time, 35ft from the hoop to force a contested 3, isn't going to cut it, night in, and night out. Dinwidde and Booker need to do a better job passing and facilitating the offense. Get it done Coach.

I'm just not sure we need to be playing 2 MWC teams (none of which are CSU) on the road in one season. 4 games against the MWC? Why don't we just join? A loss on the road at Wyoming isn't crippling, but if we're going to go to the trouble of putting ourselves in loaded tournaments in November every year, along with an additional home/home with a top notch marquee OOC opponent, I'm just not seeing the necessity of playing 2 non-Colorado MWC teams on the road. Give yourself a home cupcake against North Dakota and get a W. I'm not advocating becoming one of these schools like Virginia Tech that plays like 1 OOC road game and just loads up on creampuffs at home knowing that they're going to get slaughtered in the ACC. I just think 2 non-Colorado MWC road games is not necessary and does little for us except bring on the inevitable more-often-than-not loss in a hostile arena against a mediocre team that has us circled as the game of the decade and subsequently mobs the floor and drives home slapping themselves on the back about how clever they were inventing that witty "C-U Later!" chant...

I think the game(s) against the MWC teams will help us later in the year. Finishing 12-0 in OOC play and playing nobody is not nearly as meaningful as going 9-3 or 10-2 and really growing as a team. It's going to be hard to fill out a schedule if we avoid a lot of local teams.. unless we play cream puffs

I still don't understand how Colorado's lost six straight games to Wyoming. That's embarrassing, and not playing Wyoming would just send a message that CU is afraid to.

Back