What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes @ Stanford Basketball game thread

Disagree ... it was a stupid (and totally unnecessary) move by Spence. He interfered with Dre's handing the ball off to the Furd in bounds player.
Maybe, but when do you ever see that called with 20 seconds left?

Disagree ... it was a stupid (and totally unnecessary) move by Spence. He interfered with Dre's handing the ball off to the Furd in bounds player.

Yeah it was a dumb move by the Mayor and a no brainer call if the NCAA did just send out a message on it being a point of emphasis for refs to call.

Agreed. But again, you could see that 20 more times without it ever being called.

They talked about it during the broadcast. Refs were sent a letter this morning about that exact technical call. It was going to be called no matter what

Maybe, but when do you ever see that called with 20 seconds left?

If you were listening to the announcers (who admittedly with "It's all about me" Bill Walton in the mix, it would be entirely understandable if you weren't) ... the league sent out a letter just today to all coaches about that very issue, i.e., players interfering with the exchange after a made basket. In any case ... it was a totally stupid play by a very good player who should know better.

They talked about it during the broadcast. Refs were sent a letter this morning about that exact technical call. It was going to be called no matter what

Exactly, looking for a victim to make an example of. Which just goes to show that players consistently have gotten away with far worse.

Yeah, I heard, and maybe it was just bad timing, but I've seen that all year long without being called.

If you were listening to the announcers (who admittedly with "It's all about me" Bill Walton in the mix, it would be entirely understandable if you weren't) ... the league sent out a letter just today to all coaches about that very issue, i.e., players interfering with the exchange after a made basket. In any case ... it was a totally stupid play by a very good player who should know better.

It literally happens a dozen times a game. If they want to stamp it out, fine. But I hope they warned the players too, instead of secretly going on the hunt for a sacrificial victim.

2.4 seconds left. I pick up whiskey glass. It is empty. GF looks at me and goes "you don't need more." Me: "We goddamn better not need any more."

we won by .3 seconds. if we hadn't won in regular time, I hope allbuffs would have approved of some domestic violence.

She has my full approval to beat your ass thoroughly and regularly.

Sportscenter "CU very much on the bubble, they need this game" while showing the highlights. That's a bit of an overstatement, but this was a monstrous win to essentially bring us to safety.

How did the PAC 12 refs actually get this right on just one day notice? Personal fouls have been around since the dawn of time and they still can't figure those out.

The Pac-12's idea of making an example is "Let's show everyone, go out and make a debatable call and **** over Colorado to make sure everyone gets the message"

Sportscenter "CU very much on the bubble, they need this game" while showing the highlights. That's a bit of an overstatement, but this was a monstrous win to essentially bring us to safety.

Win 2 of 3 with one of those wins OSU, and we've reached safety. :thumbsup:

Although Dinwiddie missed his last FT, it was nice to see our guys make FTs for once. I was shocked when Dre made all his free throws, I expect him to miss it everytime he's at the line.

Yeah, I heard, and maybe it was just bad timing, but I've seen that all year long without being called.

The memo was sent out today though. Dumb move. Dumb (but one that everyone on the court knew was a new point of emphasis), but correct call. But we still pulled out the win. Go Buffs!

Back