What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes @ Stanford Basketball game thread

Sportscenter "CU very much on the bubble, they need this game" while showing the highlights. That's a bit of an overstatement, but this was a monstrous win to essentially bring us to safety.

Maybe a bit, but you can't stop winning once you think you are in. Hell the win was probably a 10 point RPI swing.

Maybe a bit, but you can't stop winning once you think you are in. Hell the win was probably a 10 point RPI swing.

In terms of purely getting in, we need one more win to ice it. But **** "just getting in", we want a Selection Sunday with no worries and a more favorable seed. You'd have to be insane to stop now

Football has made us tentative fans. Its time for a culture change. Expect to win. Thats how you pull out games like we did tonight. Expect it every game. Every night.

Agree completely, glad we took the first big step of putting these little weeny comments of "Stanford (L), Cal (L), Oregon (toss up), Oregon State (W)" to rest. Mentality change, indeed.

Gawd ... UCLA is a bunch of pussies and prima donnas. How the **** did we lose to these assholes at home?

In terms of purely getting in, we need one more win to ice it. But **** "just getting in", we want a Selection Sunday with no worries and a more favorable seed. You'd have to be insane to stop now

So let me guess after the win Lunardi moves us from a 9 seed to a 9 seed. Lazy bastard.

I just think we were more of a bubble team because while we would have been in the 30s with RPI, the other metrics, including BPI has us much lower in bubble territory. You never know what they will use to select.

So let me guess after the win Lunardi moves us from a 9 seed to a 9 seed. Lazy bastard.

I just think we were more of a bubble team because while we would have been in the 30s with RPI, the other metrics, including BPI has us much lower in bubble territory. You never know what they will use to select.

I read Lunardi's chat today, he's being a grumpy asshole, likely because his St. Joseph's team had high hopes for the season and has no chance to get an at-large bid.

That espn metric, the BPI? Probably doesn't have us in, since it doesn't account for favoritism.

Saturday is going to be a battle. The two hottest teams in the conference go head to head.

This is our conference. Teams better start taking notice. So ****ing pumped right now. Playing some hardnosed winning basketball. Finished games. And #MarchTadness is just around the corner!

I had a good feeling about Roberson tonight, and he had a career game. Weirdly enough, I used to play my best at sports, and perform my best musically when I was sick. Maybe there is some kind of science behind it?

I had a good feeling about Roberson tonight, and he had a career game. Weirdly enough, I used to play my best at sports, and perform my best musically when I was sick. Maybe there is some kind of science behind it?

Listening to how he got his mind and body right for tonight, I think it has more to do with relaxing and coming in relaxed and rested more than anything. Need to get Dre some more Cali sunshine apparently

You just want to own the bragging rights over flukes.

I already do. We lead the basketball series 3-1 in the Pac-12 and 11-10 overall :nod:. I do chuckle at Cal fans pissing and moaning and ignoring their basketball team completely, and now three weeks later they're all diehards. Many of our fans might have done that over three seasons, but not over three weeks :lol:

That was a long 2.2s

Yes, I was thinking the same exact thing. Perhaps the (hometown) clock didn't start when it was supposed to ........

nothing is EVER easy!

Yes, seems to be our MO. At least they learned how to win close games.

Refs will decide to count that

Yes. No, wait, what? Nik is finally wrong about something?

Huge win! Bring on the Bears!

Yes.

Bring your best Yogi. Yer gonna need it.

Also I </3 Askia

Two layups and a great dish down the stretch. I also think that was him that blocked Powell's shot on the next to last possession.

I'm not going to argue that he played well or looked confident tonight. He didn't. But he gutted it out when it mattered. This team is growing up and Ski is a big part of that.

Two layups and a great dish down the stretch. I also think that was him that blocked Powell's shot on the next to last possession.

I'm not going to argue that he played well or looked confident tonight. He didn't. But he gutted it out when it mattered. This team is growing up and Ski is a big part of that.

Ski had some bad shots but he was looking for the pass tonight more than his shot. maturing before out eyes. Would love to see hit get his confidence back and become the shooter he can be. He can be clutch if he gets it working and we are going to need him

Really?

Props to Ski for the plays he made down the stretch ... but a line of 2 fgs out of 9 attempts, including 0-2 from 3 point range ... and a total of 4 points doesn't justify him starting or even getting significant PT right now.

I know I'll probably get a lot of blowback from this ... but I seriously think Ski needs a wake-up call ... by sitting on the bench and realizing he's not the star of his HS team anymore. He takes ill-advised shots, makes bad decisions with many of his passes, and tries to go in among the bigs when he has little chance of making the shot or picking up a foul. Talton should get more PT right now ... until Ski gets his act together.

Bring it on, you "stick with Ski until he wakes up" Allbuffers.

Really?

Props to Ski for the plays he made down the stretch ... but a line of 2 fgs out of 9 attempts, including 0-2 from 3 point range ... and a total of 4 points doesn't justify him starting or even getting significant PT right now.

I know I'll probably get a lot of blowback from this ... but I seriously think Ski needs a wake-up call ... by sitting on the bench and realizing he's not the star of his HS team anymore. He takes ill-advised shots, makes bad decisions with many of his passes, and tries to go in among the bigs when he has little chance of making the shot or picking up a foul. Talton should get more PT right now ... until Ski gets his act together.

Bring it on, you "stick with Ski until he wakes up" Allbuffers.

Would you replace him with Chen and his 1/7 tonight? Chen did give us 6 boards to Ski's 5, so he has that going for him.

Adams? His health wouldn't allow it.

Talton? Not close to being ready for big minutes. His ball handling is still suspect.

Who do you want to play instead of Ski?

Just got back. Will post detailed recap tomorrow. What a win! Great turnout by the Bay Area Buffs tonight. Larry Scott was in the building. Talked to Bill Walton, really cool guy. So is Beau Gamble. Dre is a superstar in the making. If our team had any real bench scoring, we would be beating quality teams on the road by double digits. We're 2 guys away from a perennial Top 25 team.

Back