What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Jackson State lost. I had to go to CBS Sports to find it. ESPN's scoreboard never updated that one.

I want to stab out my eyes with a dirty junkie needle.

12972399465_1f32601866.jpg

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...562389/uni-watch-march-madness-attire-step-up

Friday, 3/7, game we care about:

That's right, "game".

There is only 1 and it is ****ing huge.

Harvard is at Yale, the only team they've lost to in Ivy play. With an avenging road win tonight, Harvard clinches the Ivy Title and punches its Dance card. And sitting at RPI 53, this is a road win that could get them into the magical Top 50 for CU's resume.

5pm, maybe 5:30 tip. No television. But we might be able to stream it here: http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/

#49 Nebraska has Wisconsin at home on Sunday. While the Huskers are fighting for a bid, Wisconsin is fighting for a #1 seed, so it will be a battle. #50 Green Bay will have trouble moving up since there are no other good teams in the Horizon League. #51 Mizzou has to play at Tennessee, a good team. It looks good that Harvard can stay in the Top 50, barring major upsets in the Conference Tournaments.

#49 Nebraska has Wisconsin at home on Sunday. While the Huskers are fighting for a bid, Wisconsin is fighting for a #1 seed, so it will be a battle. #50 Green Bay will have trouble moving up since there are no other good teams in the Horizon League. #51 Mizzou has to play at Tennessee, a good team. It looks good that Harvard can stay in the Top 50, barring major upsets in the Conference Tournaments.

Harvard will also finish @ Brown. Road wins count 1.4x and Brown has a winning record. They should be safe if they close it out.

Harvard will also finish @ Brown. Road wins count 1.4x and Brown has a winning record. They should be safe if they close it out.

Brown is only 231 but since it's road, you're probably right that they can stay 48. At least it's Brown and not Cornell, Cornell is so bad that when Harvard beat Cornell at home they dropped 9 spots.

I guess we want Stanford (#46) to beat Utah or we'll lose that Top 50 win.

ETA: There aren't any Mid-Majors besides Green Bay around the 50 line, and since the Major Conference Tournaments don't start until Wed/Thursday, the Committee will already be debating seeding with the Harvard win counting as a Top 50 win before any major upsets happen.

Last edited:
I guess we want Stanford (#46) to beat Utah or we'll lose that Top 50 win.

ETA: There aren't any Mid-Majors besides Green Bay around the 50 line, and since the Major Conference Tournaments don't start until Wed/Thursday, the Committee will already be debating seeding with the Harvard win counting as a Top 50 win before any major upsets happen.

Yup we want CU, Oregon State and Stanford to win

Saturday, 3/8, games we care about:

CU at Cal. 4:30pm, PACN. With a win, Buffs secure a bye in the Pac-12 tourney and have a shot at a really good Dance seed.

The other games:

Kentucky at Florida. Kentucky is just ahead of the Buffs in RPI. Go Gators! 10am, CBS.
Kansas at West Virginia. KU can keep making that CU win look pretty. 10am, ESPN.
SMU at Memphis. Memphis is only a few spots behind us, so we're cheering for Larry Brown. 10am, ESPN2.
Baylor at Kansas State. Baylor could really help the CU resume here. 11:30am, ESPN3.
UConn at Louisville. 'Vill is 3 ahead, Huskies 1 behind us. Go for Louisville to knock UConn back in seeding. 12pm, CBS.
Oklahoma State at Iowa State. Another one that would really help CU. Go Okie Lite! 12pm, ESPN.
Air Force hosts Boise State. Maybe the Zoomies have a surprise in them. 12pm, ROOT.
Utah at Stanford. Furd win keeps them in the Top 50 and gives Buffs P12T standings help. Fear the Tree! 12:30pm, PACN.
Elon vs W Carolina. Need Elon to make a run in the Southern Conf tourney for us. Home crowd for WCU (Asheville). 12:30pm, ESPN3.
Arizona at Oregon. Played Zona twice (RPI bump). Doesn't really matter for CU in P12 standings. 2pm, CBS.
Texas at Texas Tech. Red Raiders can help us jump UT in the RPI (2 spots ahead of us). 2pm, ESPNN.
CSU at Wyoming. Doesn't matter. Bother will finish in 2nd hundred of RPI. So go ahead and root against CSU. 2pm, ROOT.
ASU at Oregon State. OSU win makes it possible for Buffs to finish 3rd in the P12. On Saturday, we are all Beavers. 2:30pm, PACN.
George Washington at Fordham. Not gonna happen, but a Fordham win would get GW off our back (2 behind in RPI). 2:30pm, no tv.
USC at Washington. We want UDub for the SOS on our "worst" loss. 2:30pm, PACN.
Georgia at LSU. Georgia finishes 3rd in the SEC and boosts our RPI with a win here. 3pm, ESPN3.
Jackson State at Alabama State. Any win by ASU would be welcome at this point. 4pm, no tv.
Harvard at Brown. Crimson absolutely must win to have a shot at staying Top 50. 5pm, no tv.
Arkansas State hosts LA Lafayette. Tough game, but at home. Arkie Lite needs to win this. 6pm, no tv.
UCSB at Cal Poly. Road game UCSB must have to possibly sneak into Top 100 for us. 8pm, no tv.
UCLA at Washington State. We really don't care who wins. 9pm, FS1.

Lots of other great games on, too. UNC/Duke, UNM/SDSU, etc. Pretty much a hoops fan's wet dream Saturday.

Nik,
What do you see as our ceiling for a seed?

Prior to what happens in the conference tournaments, I think CU will be on the 7 or 8 line if we win at Cal. Add a couple Top 50 wins to make the finals of the P12T and we could get to the 6. Win it all by taking down UA in the finals and I think we could be a 5. I don't think the 4 is within range any more. (Remember, this is ceiling and assumes that the Buffs finishing that strongly would remove any seeding penalty from the Mayor injury.)

I'll probably do a bracket matrix on Sunday night based on where I'd project things after the end of the regular season.

Prior to what happens in the conference tournaments, I think CU will be on the 7 or 8 line if we win at Cal. Add a couple Top 50 wins to make the finals of the P12T and we could get to the 6. Win it all by taking down UA in the finals and I think we could be a 5. I don't think the 4 is within range any more. (Remember, this is ceiling and assumes that the Buffs finishing that strongly would remove any seeding penalty from the Mayor injury.)

I'll probably do a bracket matrix on Sunday night based on where I'd project things after the end of the regular season.
7-10 seeds is very interchangeable to me especially 8/9. 6-11 is a doable upset but there's a difference, 5-12 even more. A top 4 seed should result in a first round victory (not always the case obviously).

Yeah, 6 is probably the dream scenario of Cal win + Pac12 tournament final + outside help. Even then, I'm not sure we get above a 7.

WVU is beating up on Kansas at the moment. Up 17 early in the second half. Hard to see Kansas getting a 1 if they lose this, it would be their 8th loss.

Kentucky is getting abused in Gainesville.

SMU and Memphis are in a battle.

****ing Kansas is coming back. Wiggins has been all over the place. Only down 5 with just under a minute left. Come on WV, don't blow this

****ing Kansas is coming back. Come on WV, don't blow this

Wiggins has gone full Manimal.

Also:

Memphis beat SMU. SMU dropping out of Top 25 with 2 losses this week?
Florida closing out Kentucky. Cats should drop out of Top 25.

Back