What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Who do you guys have winning tonight between us and UCLA?

I want you to win. I actually root for Zona a bit due to family and the fact that Miller & Tad seem to have a healthy rivalry brewing that's built on respect and similar core beliefs about basketball (man up and work teams over with defense & rebounding).

I also think it would be more exciting if you guys are #1 when we play you.

And I don't like Alford or UCLA.

But the other side of it for me is that I won't exactly cry in my beer if the Bruins win. That would vault them into the Top 25 and make the Buffs game with them next Thursday much more of a national marquee event.

Thursday, 1/9, games we care about:

Arkansas State (9-4) hosts Troy (5-9) at 6:05 MT.

#1 Arizona (15-0, 2-0) plays at UCLA (12-2, 1-0) at 7:00, ESPN.

Arizona State (12-3, 1-1) plays at USC (9-5, 0-1) at 8:00, PACN.

Stanford (9-4, 0-1) plays at Oregon State (8-6, 0-2) at 8:00, PACN.

Cal (10-4, 1-0) plays at #17 Oregon (13-1, 1-1) at 9:00, FS1.

I just discovered that Zona-UCLA is called by Bill Walton.

I love everything in the world right now.

I just discovered that Zona-UCLA is called by Bill Walton.

I love everything in the world right now.
I love Walton doing games as long as it's not CU. If it's a competitive game involving my team, I don't want a biology lesson. Now, if there's dead time, there's no better analyst.

Definitely want Arizona to win tonight. A #1 team in the conference is great press, and I still think it is more likely for CU to beat out UCLA and/or Oregon then it is to beat out Arizona

I love Walton doing games as long as it's not CU. If it's a competitive game involving my team, I don't want a biology lesson. Now, if there's dead time, there's no better analyst.

Pretty much the same, although I can handle him for CU games. My thought is that if I'm watching a color commentator, he'd better educate me or entertain me. Hubie Brown isn't walking through that door, so give me Walton who's at least going to make me laugh.

Can't wait either. Getting really nervous this game and I'm sure Bill Walton is going to drive me insane. I like listening to him unless it is us against UCLA.

Can't wait either. Getting really nervous this game and I'm sure Bill Walton is going to drive me insane. I like listening to him unless it is us against UCLA.

His kid played for UofA. Is he really that biased or is it just you?

I agree with wanting UofA to be #1 when we play them but considering that the Buffs are regular season conference contenders, and that UofA has the best shot of winning it, I'd prefer UCLA to pull it out. Certainly, not ready to cede the league title to them yet. That said, the difference in outcomes is marginal this early so I just want to see a competitive game.

Bill will really hammer us if we are playing like **** because Luke played for us. Honestly we usually deserve it but I prefer not to be ripped on national television :lol:.

Bill will really hammer us if we are playing like **** because Luke played for us. Honestly we usually deserve it but I prefer not to be ripped on national television :lol:.

Relax ... he'll probably spend a lot more time ripping on Ben Howland (implicitly if not explicitly) then he will ripping on you guys.

I gotcha. Better to be ripped for playing poorly than to be praised for mediocre play

No choice in my household. Have to root for UofA or get my balls cut off. Upside is she secretly roots for Colorado against UofA so I don't sulk for 48 hours.

Air-Zona - please tell those *********** on your board(s) that no university in the country is referred to by the second half of their name except UofA. Carolina doesn't count. And most non-"Zona" fans don't refer to the school as "Zona" anyway. In fact, I have never once heard my wife's family (Tucson born and bred) refer to UofA as "Zona." They refer to the team as the "Cats." So stop with the "Rado" ****. It sounds ridiculous (on your end).

Last edited:
Honestly I stay away from most Arizona boards. I'm going to guess it's pgu.com? We don't claim them. They are an embarrassment to the U of A.

I need more Bill Walton in my life, it's been too long.

Arizona and UCLA both look really good. Can we safely bet the top 4 in the pac (byes for the tourney) will be them plus CU and Oregon?

I need more Bill Walton in my life, it's been too long.

Arizona and UCLA both look really good. Can we safely bet the top 4 in the pac (byes for the tourney) will be them plus CU and Oregon?

Now that pot is legal in CO, I think we can expect many regular future visits by Walton!

Overshadowed by the results in Spokane, Wednesday night, but 2 other games of note. Kanzazz beats the boomers on the road in Norman, and Okie Lite takes out Tejass.

ASU is smoking USC in LA. Up 17 with 7 minutes left.

OSU has pretty much controlled the whole game against Furd in Corvalis. Up 7 with 6 mins left.

Cal is at UO and up 4 with 4 mins left in the 1st half. Game's on FS1.

Oregon plays no D, while that was a nice win at home, I'm not sure it's anything we can hang our hats on.

they were missing lots of shots they made against us... both teams used up a lot of mojo in that game. We got luckier to eek out that next win (and to not play Cal next). Oregon will get it together.

Back