What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Colorado @ CSU Basketball Game thread

Got to win ugly sometimes, needed that one. It sounded like the 3s the guys were taking were mostly bad looks. That accurate or was there just a lid on the basket tonight?

Got to win ugly sometimes, needed that one. It sounded like the 3s the guys were taking were mostly bad looks. That accurate or was there just a lid on the basket tonight?

Most were great looks. Definitely a lid on the basket for the first half especially.

Super early but our RPI is now 17. Right behind Arizona and Oklahoma State. Win on Saturday and we jump into top 25 and RPI is top 10. Lose and our RPI stays above 30.

In other news. We won back to back road games. That is tough to do people.

RPI at 17 after all the cupcake games and Kansas, OK St, and an improved PAC left. Obviously early, but I like our odds to stay in the top 30 RPI

Last edited:
Go on....

Walking out with Slider and his GF. Standing at a red light he turns to me saying '**** CU'. I tell him it's classy that a 52 year old is behaving like that. He starts talking **** about how CU grads only work at BWW...I say that's cool now can I have my large fries. His son proceeds to push me, I push back and went into him then someone grabbed me. Also got spit at by some guys in a truck but they wouldn't get out and not be pussies.

Walking out with Slider and his GF. Standing at a red light he turns to me saying '**** CU'. I tell him it's classy that a 52 year old is behaving like that. He starts talking **** about how CU grads only work at BWW...I say that's cool now can I have my large fries. His son proceeds to push me, I push back and went into him then someone grabbed me. Also got spit at by some guys in a truck but they wouldn't get out and not be pussies.

So did you ever get those fries?

That was a big win! Really needed that one.

Getting up to Moby was a bitch. Bumper to bumper most the way up.

I think it would be better said to say we will have to play much better to beat KU but we have a good chance. Don't underestimate how big a factor home court will be.

This might be the first time KU plays at the keg and it feels like an actual hostile environment.

That was a big win! Really needed that one.

Getting up to Moby was a bitch. Bumper to bumper most the way up.

And they Uhm, want to put a 40,000 seat stadium on this campus.
Traffic was a pain a couple of decades ago when I did grad school there and parking was worse. Now the city has grown significantly but the traffic issues haven't been addressed in a meaningful way. Getting in and out of Hughes is a pain, Moby is a pain even when they only have 5-6, 000 people. If the stadium is build on campus they are going to have huge problems mitigated only by the fact that lots of the seats will go unfilled.

I think it would be better said to say we will have to play much better to beat KU but we have a good chance. Don't underestimate how big a factor home court will be.

KU has shown it can be shaky this year too. Still, it's going to take a sub-par performance on their end and an above-par effort on our end to give us a chance to win at the end.

Can I say this now? NO RUSHING THE COURT.

we're in trouble against KU.

I actually like their chances of beating KU. Front line is certainly going to have to play better, but KU doesn't have a guard that brings as much to the table as Spencer currently, and their team is still adjusting to not being able to dominate like they did in high school.

Wouldn't want to face them in March, but right now it is very much a winnable game especially considering they haven't had a true road game yet and some of the players might be looking ahead to Florida a few days later. I like CU's chances in this better then against OSU, despite the obvious coaching difference.

KU has shown it can be shaky this year too. Still, it's going to take a sub-par performance on their end and an above-par effort on our end to give us a chance to win at the end.

Can I say this now? NO RUSHING THE COURT.

You are welcome to say it but I promise you it will happen when we beat them (and Tad will get pissed).

Traffic was furking awful. The roads were bad too, so hopefully everyone made it home ok

I'm home, safe, and have a HUGE freaking smile on my face. Time for bed.

Great game, and there were a lot of people in the green/gold rooting for XT (silently).
Nice work by j-hop and now on to KU. See everyone saturday.

home safe, with a big whiskey in hand. that was fun. not enough people talked trash to us tho. disappointing.

home safe, with a big whiskey in hand. that was fun. not enough people talked trash to us tho. disappointing.

Did you stay in those same spots? Their whole student section flipped our section off (we moved to the big CU section) as they were leaving

Did you stay in those same spots? Their whole student section flipped our section off (we moved to the big CU section) as they were leaving
yea, figured we prob wouldn't get better seats. We heard your section pretty well most of the game :lol:. We waved bye bye to their bigger student section, but mostly they were just leaving. But yea, even during the game... meh.

Spencer has to be in attack mode against Kansas. When he drives it's such an asset because people crash on him and he can hit the open man (Hopkins twice in a row tonight). Then they did the same thing, but gave it back to Spencer for an "and 1". When he stands at the top of the key dribbling back in forth is when we get lazy and our whole offense stops in my opinion.

damn. You gotta love the Mayor. Some high quality post game quotes and tweets. Hilarious ****.

Back