What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Colorado @ CSU Basketball Game thread

Haha what did Dinwiddie yell at the CSU student section?
From CUBuffs.com:

After Booker hit his first free throw, Dinwiddie walked toward one CSU student section talking to them more than himself.

“I was in a very, very, very polite manner going to the student section that was heckling me constantly during the game and telling them to please be quiet,” he said. “We just won the ball game and now they have nothing to say to me.”

Eustachy is a good coach. CSU played the way we need to play against KU. We need to scrap for rebounds and try to get hands on every ball. Even when our guys would come down with a rebound there were CSU kids trying to slap and pry the ball from their hands. It's not pretty basketball but it can be effective.

If Oregon State was smart, they would pick up Eustachy. The guy can really coach rebounding.

Eustachy might be a better coach than the bottom third of the pac 12 basketball coaches.

Eustachy would be in the top third of the Pac. I hate the man, but damn can he coach. Tons of respect for him.

Eustachy would be in the top third of the Pac. I hate the man, but damn can he coach. Tons of respect for him.

If god forbid Tad were to ever leave, I wouldn't mind having a coach like Eustachy. Really like how his teams play on defense and how they crash the boards. If he sticks around at CSU, I think they will be a good team much sooner than later.

I was hesitant to go that far, but the point is made. I'm worried we'll see a lot more of him possibly as soon as next year.

Highlights from last night

[video=youtube;Nz2wPJIDhgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz2wPJIDhgA[/video]

Eustachy might be a better coach than the bottom third of the pac 12 basketball coaches.

Eustachy is a very good coach.

There is no way that CSU would be of interest to him or be able to afford him if he hadn't had a stretch in his life where his drinking led him to make some very bad decisions that ended up in some ugly amunition for the media.

He is still in the process of trying to rehabilitate his image. For some schools he will never be a viable candidate, I don't think he could ever be hired at a place like CU where athletics gets held under a level of outside scrutiny. It wouldn't surprise me if at some point fairly soon some other higher budget/higher profile schools who are struggling on the court don't decide that they can ignore his past in favor of getting some wins and come after him.

Eustachy is a very good coach.

There is no way that CSU would be of interest to him or be able to afford him if he hadn't had a stretch in his life where his drinking led him to make some very bad decisions that ended up in some ugly amunition for the media.

He is still in the process of trying to rehabilitate his image. For some schools he will never be a viable candidate, I don't think he could ever be hired at a place like CU where athletics gets held under a level of outside scrutiny. It wouldn't surprise me if at some point fairly soon some other higher budget/higher profile schools who are struggling on the court don't decide that they can ignore his past in favor of getting some wins and come after him.

Watch out for UW or OSU or even Stanford for that matter. He would be given a very short leash at both schools but the mistakes Larry made, while great to dig up and use for fun, were quite a long time ago.

Eustachy is a good coach. He gets a lot out of his players. They play hard and they play smart and take care of all the details that help win games. I doubt he'll stick around CSU for very long, but maybe he's the basketball version of Sonny Lubick.

He is the most disrespected player in the nation, because he isn't a Heisman finalist...

Someone thinks that a small conference player for a team that went 7-6 should be a Heisman finalist? Come on, man. I suppose a few outlier idots may think something like that, but there's no way any fan base is delusional enough that most fans wouldn't be telling those few to shut up & stop being ridiculous.

Someone thinks that a small conference player for a team that went 7-6 should be a Heisman finalist? Come on, man. I suppose a few outlier idots may think something like that, but there's no way any fan base is delusional enough that most fans wouldn't be telling those few to shut up & stop being ridiculous.

Must be because no one saw him

bilde.jpg

Eustachy is a good coach. He gets a lot out of his players. They play hard and they play smart and take care of all the details that help win games. I doubt he'll stick around CSU for very long, but maybe he's the basketball version of Sonny Lubick.

He is to good of a coach not to eventually draw interest from bigger and better paying schools. It wouldn't surprise me though if after all he has been through and not being the young enthusiastic ladder climbing coach he once was if he and his wife decide that some stability and living in a lower pressure environment is better than chasing more money and fame. He's 58 already, he may not want to go through the effort of rebuilding another program if he has a job at a place he likes

Is CSU even officially in a bowl? I don't see how they get left out with 7 wins, but they certainly aren't guaranteed a slot at this point either.

He is to good of a coach not to eventually draw interest from bigger and better paying schools. It wouldn't surprise me though if after all he has been through and not being the young enthusiastic ladder climbing coach he once was if he and his wife decide that some stability and living in a lower pressure environment is better than chasing more money and fame. He's 58 already, he may not want to go through the effort of rebuilding another program if he has a job at a place he likes

Eustachy may just stick around for a while. iirc, he's tight with the Kroenke family.

Back