What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Oregon Ducks @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

All wheel drive Volvo, actually. I have standards, but they're low.

It was on the downhill out of Eldora. I only had a few hours to ski, so I kept it local.
If its the downhill right after you leave the parking lots, that can be an intense road. Decent amount of exposure. Given that someone was getting into their car, doesn't sound like that's where you were though.

two things to do in that situation, besides lock up your brakes and bleat like a little girl whilst waiting for the inevitable. One is scarier than the other. Also cooler and dumber and probably wouldn't work.

1. Drive your ****ing car. Get off the brake, tap the gas. AWD does nothing unless you are giving the engine power. Drive around the obstacles. Hard to fight the instinct to brake though. If you were a subaru driver, you probably would have been able to pull this off. Also, oncoming traffic makes this a scary choice.

2. Say "**** it" and hit the gas while turning into the slide until you come all the way around. Drive back up hill.

The best option, of course, would be to have not gotten yourself into the situation in the first place. Stop hitting those brakes so hard, you east coast mother****er. They don't drive themselves. This isn't as easy as flying a helicopter, for instance.

Last edited:
It does go against instinct to tap the gas when you're sliding around, but yeah, that's what 4WD is for.

I think the parking people do a reasonably good job. If they could figure out a way to get people across that intersection next to the parking garage without stopping cars, they'd be in great shape. That's where the delays start. When 400 people need to cross the street, you can't have cars going through the intersection at the same time. Once the pedestrians clear out, the garage opens up pretty fast.

if its the downhill right after you leave the parking lots, that can be an intense road. Decent amount of exposure. Given that someone was getting into their car, doesn't sound like that's where you were though.

Two things to do in that situation, besides lock up your brakes and bleat like a little girl whilst waiting for the inevitable. One is scarier than the other. Also cooler and dumber and probably wouldn't work.

1. Drive your ****ing car. Get off the brake, tap the gas. Awd does nothing unless you are giving the engine power. Drive around the obstacles. Hard to fight the instinct to brake though. If you were a an a**hole subaru driver, you probably would have been able to pull this off, because you would have thought the road belonged to you alone. also, oncoming traffic makes this a scary choice.

2. Say "**** it" and hit the gas while turning into the slide until you come all the way around. Drive back up hill.

The best option, of course, would be to have not gotten yourself into the situation in the first place. Stop hitting those brakes so hard, you east coast mother****er. They don't drive themselves. This isn't as easy as flying a helicopter, for instance.

fify

yeah we sat in the c4c parking lot for over 30 minutes before we could leave. Now i rememeber why i never park in there

Had to park in the Law School lot. I'm surprised my truck was still there after the game, with those thievin' bastards.

Had to park in the Law School lot. I'm surprised my truck was still there after the game, with those thievin' bastards.
Over there, the studetns haven't gotten their license to steal yet, and the professors mostly just steal from the government.

We beat a top 10 team and everyone is talking about parking.
you know you've arrived when....

Actually, we were favored going into that game and I wasn't shocked or even surprised that we won. We've arrived.

We beat a top 10 team and everyone is talking about parking.

Oregon board is going nuts of the officiating. Until you get screwed by the officials like we did last year at AZ then I really don't want to hear it.

What kills me on the oregon board is the "no class", or whatever, claims they have about Tad and our players. I know I'm not objective at all, but we have to have some of the just most outstanding kids on our team. I'm totally impressed with everyone of them when I hear them interviewed. I could not even begin to judge any players on the other PAC 12 teams. Not sure how the oregon fans are so able to judge ours.

What kills me on the oregon board is the "no class", or whatever, claims they have about Tad and our players. I know I'm not objective at all, but we have to have some of the just most outstanding kids on our team. I'm totally impressed with everyone of them when I hear them interviewed. I could not even begin to judge any players on the other PAC 12 teams. Not sure how the oregon fans are so able to judge ours.

The myths about Tad continue to grow as the envy grows. It's especially rich coming from an Altman program.

They are still crying about the game our first year in the Pac that ended in controversy (the Tomlinson foul/not foul) and since we have beaten them what 5 of 6 now they want to take their ball and go home

I think I've come to the conclusion that of all the teams in the Pac 12, I enjoy beating Oregon the most.

If its the downhill right after you leave the parking lots, that can be an intense road. Decent amount of exposure. Given that someone was getting into their car, doesn't sound like that's where you were though.

two things to do in that situation, besides lock up your brakes and bleat like a little girl whilst waiting for the inevitable. One is scarier than the other. Also cooler and dumber and probably wouldn't work.

1. Drive your ****ing car. Get off the brake, tap the gas. AWD does nothing unless you are giving the engine power. Drive around the obstacles. Hard to fight the instinct to brake though. If you were a subaru driver, you probably would have been able to pull this off. Also, oncoming traffic makes this a scary choice.

The guy had parked along the side to help two other drivers that had slipped and bumped. It was out of the parking lot on the first turn on the hill.

1. It's an all-wheel drive, and I'm pretty comfortable powering through the slides. It's how I usually get out of trouble. In this case, I did bump the gas and it accelerated the slide, and I didn't have time to really push through it--the trajectory was pretty established.

2. Too much traffic, and also the drop off on the other side of the road.

The car has anti-lock brakes. But my girlfriend told be before I headed up that she didn't think they were working, and that she'd been having a lot trouble with the car in the snow in the last few weeks.

I agree with all of your input though.

I'm gonna really enjoy that first win over UCLA when it comes

For some crazy reason, I honestly doubt we'll be treated to the kind of mindless drivel that has come from the UO folks once we beat UCLA. And, well, since we've never *actually* beaten UCLA, I can't say for sure what that feels like. I'm looking forward to next Thursday.

For some crazy reason, I honestly doubt we'll be treated to the kind of mindless drivel that has come from the UO folks once we beat UCLA. And, well, since we've never *actually* beaten UCLA, I can't say for sure what that feels like. I'm looking forward to next Thursday.

Arizona is the cream of the Pac 12 right now, but UCLA is a blue blood so beating them will be right up there with Kansas and if we ever bet a North Carolina, Kentucky, etc. It will be a historic win

Arizona is the cream of the Pac 12 right now, but UCLA is a blue blood so beating them will be right up there with Kansas and if we ever bet a North Carolina, Kentucky, etc. It will be a historic win

I know AZ is the top of the conference, but for some reason, beating them doesn't have the same sense of vindication. When they lose, they're all like "well, Tad's a good coach, and CU is a tough place to play, and we're still in good shape for the conference, and blah, blah blah". Other than the fact that they like to call us "rado", which isn't exactly annoying as much as it's puzzling, I can't bring myself to hate them. I think UCLA fans haven't yet figured out that we're in the same conference. We'll win, and the reaction will be "At least it wasn't a conference loss". :lol:

We're talking about a few screechy fans here.

When the University leadership smears our university falsely to cherry-pick our good deal, then they'll be in Baylor territory.

Multiple gaudy uniform combinations . . . . check

Sleazeball and/or whiny coaches . . . . check

Rules infraction bullet-proof vests . . . . check

Megadollar a/d finding source . . . . check

Despised fan base (by more than just us) . . . . check

NCAA pre-approved transfers for "student athletes" . . . . check

Multiple gaudy uniform combinations . . . . check

Sleazeball and/or whiny coaches . . . . check

Rules infraction bullet-proof vests . . . . check

Megadollar a/d finding source . . . . check

Despised fan base (by more than just us) . . . . check

NCAA pre-approved transfers for "student athletes" . . . . check

Your arguement is compelling...

Their colors would be similar too, maybe, if anybody knew what either school's colors were anymore.

Does anyone have a video replay of the game? Fox Sports 1 is not good about keeping replays up on their website. I was in Winter Park and the house we were staying at didn't carry the channel...

Back