What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Oregon Ducks @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

Does anyone have a video replay of the game? Fox Sports 1 is not good about keeping replays up on their website. I was in Winter Park and the house we were staying at didn't carry the channel...
pac 12 Wednesday at 4;30

did anyone catch sports center last night? did they show highlights of the game?

I have to give props to the local fox news lady. After the sports segment was done, she said "I know everyone loves talking about the Broncos but how about those Buffs!?" And then they talked about the game for another 10 seconds until the commercial.

Besides the fact that most of the Oregon posters can't read the schedule, I really like reading about how their team needs time to come together. Their squad of 5th year seniors lost to one of the youngest teams in the country. If we see them again, it should be absolutely electric.

I am sure it was posted much earlier, but chanting "overrated" temporarily made he forget how pumped I was for the win and reminded me how dumb some of our own fans are. STFU, and treat the team you beat with the utmost respect. I'd rather hear "underrated" for both of us.

DBT, your rep is that you're the biggest complainer about officials on the board. You even do it in baseball. :lol:

Did you have an epiphany after reading the UO comments?
Buffnik's officiating of this argument is unfairly shaded to Orr. I think DBT would win this thread war if it were not for the officials.

I never understood why people would walk 15 extra min to avoid a few min waiting in the garage. I could understand when its nice outside, but when its nasty, I will sit in my warm car everytime.

FWIW, you are only screwed in the garage if you arrive late and have to park at the top. I normally wait maybe 5-10 min max unless at the top of the garage. I dont know how long KOA goes after the game, but I am typically in on foothills well before the broadcast ends, and we always have to stay for the alma mater to play.

I am not a fan of walking in the cold and slick sidewalks, and it would be days of bitching from my wife if we did it.

Buffnik's officiating of this argument is unfairly shaded to Orr. I think DBT would win this thread war if it were not for the officials.
I am greatly misunderstood. I would like to see all the bitching posts I've made. I don't recall that I've ever blamed a loss on officiating other than games like Iowa St. and the FG debacle. I'm sure there were much worse complainers about the AZ game last year than me. Hell, even I posted a "give it a rest" post when it cropped up again. Misunderstood, I am.

I am greatly misunderstood. I would like to see all the bitching posts I've made. I don't recall that I've ever blamed a loss on officiating other than games like Iowa St. and the FG debacle. I'm sure there were much worse complainers about the AZ game last year than me. Hell, even I posted a "give it a rest" post when it cropped up again. Misunderstood, I am.
stop trying to trick people into reading the 2013 rockies thread.

DBT, your rep is that you're the biggest complainer about officials on the board. You even do it in baseball. :lol:

Did you have an epiphany after reading the UO comments?
I totally missed this post until Scott brought it up. BACK STABBER!! :lol:

stop trying to trick people into reading the 2013 rockies thread.
That'll come soon enough. The Rockies 2014 thread is coming soon. Spring training starts in mere weeks. The Rox are going to win the WS, BTW. Unless the umps steal it from them.

whine.jpg
Found this gem on the ESPN Power rankings. I dont understand why they keep complaining - it's not like they won the last few meetings and the ref's screwed them out of this one.

View attachment 13409
Found this gem on the ESPN Power rankings. I dont understand why they keep complaining - it's not like they won the last few meetings and the ref's screwed them out of this one.

we get to the line better than almost any team in the country, why exactly are people surprised we got to the line more than Oregon? especially when they shot god-knows how many threes.

I made this argument on an Oregon board -

CU took 54.5% of their shots at the rim, Oregon took 46.2% of their shots at the rim. CU is in the top 10% of college basketball at taking shots at the rim, contact is created generally at or attempting to get to the rim. When you take the ball to the rim you get to the line. There is a very high correlation to FTRate and the % shots taken at the rim.

Oregon took 13 more 3's than CU, you don't get fouled when you shoot 3's, you get fouled when you take it to the rack.

CU took 54.5% of their shots at the rim, Oregon took 46.2% of their shots at the rim. CU is in the top 10% of college basketball at taking shots at the rim, contact is created generally at or attempting to get to the rim. When you take the ball to the rim you get to the line. There is a very high correlation to FTRate and the % shots taken at the rim.

Oregon took 13 more 3's than CU, you don't get fouled when you shoot 3's, you get fouled when you take it to the rack.
Sometimes you do...and sometimes you miss all three free throws!

Right on. It also helps that Josh Scott is extremely good at contesting shots that are at the rim without fouling.

How many of those 40 FTs were the result of intentional fouling at the end of the game also?

How many of those 40 FTs were the result of intentional fouling at the end of the game also?

Which really doen't negate Oregon fan's point that it's tough to win when the Buffs shoot 40 free throws.

Which really doen't negate Oregon fan's point that it's tough to win when the Buffs shoot 40 free throws.

Play some defense instead of hacking the guy and you get less free throws!

Buffs attacked the basket, Oregon responded by fouling, not hard to figure out.

EMPAQEUVXYZOFMQ.20140105232708_0.jpg

Back