What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 NCAA Tournament Thread

UC-Irvine has a 7'-6" 300lb beast at Center. Watching him play NCAA D1 is like watching the future D1 players play against JV. Lucky for louisville he isn't that fast.

Also I hate UVA's style of basketball.

I didn't say CU was any better haha. I hate how Wyo plays too. Its so slow. Glad it works for them, but its not as fun to watch.

Winning is always more fun than losing. If you are a fan of a team and they win with it then you normally don't mind.

School like Wyoming isn't ever going to get enough athletes to beat people by outrunning them. Instead they get a few good athletes and a bunch of guys who can run their system and win with it.

I don't mind watching it, they do it well, unless they are doing it to the Buffs which they have been doing recently.

No way in the world that Wyoming has better talent than CU but who is in the tourney?

UC-Irvine has a 7'-6" 300lb beast at Center. Watching him play NCAA D1 is like watching the future D1 players play against JV. Lucky for louisville he isn't that fast.

I believe we had a recruit profile for him when he was in high school. Forgot where he ended up but he'll be a draft pick whenever he wants to go. Huge potential with that frame.

Do we have a surprise lurking anywhere tonight? Nothing surprising today. A few good games, but even ones like Maryland/Valpo…did anyone really ever feel Maryland was going to lose?

did anyone really ever feel Maryland was going to lose?

Maybe people who have watched a bunch of Mark Turgeon teams. He's never had tournament success, but this is the first time he's taken UM to the tournament. In year 4, that is not what fans used to Gary Williams were expecting. He saved his skin with the team's performance this year, but I feel like he's still on the hot seat to start next year unless he can get to the 2nd weekend.

Very interested to see if SDSU plays like they belong there. Very impressed with the recruits Steve Fisher gets at a MW school ($$?) and I think they can play with most power conference schools.

Maybe people who have watched a bunch of Mark Turgeon teams. He's never had tournament success, but this is the first time he's taken UM to the tournament. In year 4, that is not what fans used to Gary Williams were expecting. He saved his skin with the team's performance this year, but I feel like he's still on the hot seat to start next year unless he can get to the 2nd weekend.

Very interested to see if SDSU plays like they belong there. Very impressed with the recruits Steve Fisher gets at a MW school ($$?) and I think they can play with most power conference schools.

I've watched Maryland pretty closely as they're my obnoxious neighbor to the north. You're right about his previous years in College Park. He was feeling the heat heading into this season, especially as they weren't projected to be anywhere near this level. But they've been a really solid team all season and in this particular game I did not ever get the sense that the Twerps were ever going to actually lose that game.

Must be nice to be Dayton. It'd be like CU being the 11 seed and having the "first round" game at the Keg and the going to play the Round of 64 and Round of 32 at the Pepsi Center. Not a bad situation for the last team to make the field.

Looking at Saturday's games:

UCLA gets to face 14 seed UAB. That's the luck I've always dreamed of for the Buffs.

Kentucky is going to face one physical group of goons in Cincinnati. Going to be a slugfest.

Arizona should get by Ohio State without a good deal of trouble. Won't be upset if I'm wrong on that.

Xavier is the other beneficiary of Thursday's insanity. Georgia State sits between them and another foray deep into the Dance. Xavier has a knack for March.

Villanova has looked damned impressive. NC State is Jekyll and Hyde. If the right NCSU team shows up, this could be a ball game. Big "if".

Georgetown strikes me as a weak 4, although there's some feeling they might be "due" for a bit of a run after sucking in March for so long. Utah has to like their chances here though.

North Carolina and Arkansas should be a high scoring, fun game.

Notre Dame and Butler should be a fun one too. Like Xavier, **** with Butler in March at your own peril. ND was shaky in the first round but I don't know how much stock you put in that in this tournament. ND just won the ACC tournament, they're obviously capable. They've had a couple of lapses this season though. I expect a close one.

Last edited:
:lol: Seems like that is Cincy's team every year. They are the Jailblazers of college basketball.

Mike Bohn!

I always snicker when I think of Cincy because of stories that always come out about the ejections or brawls or their academic reputation under Huggy Bear. Still they were a fun team to watch back in the day so I still find myself cheering for them. Remember Kenny Satterfield? Absolute baller.

My remaining rooting interests in order are Gonzaga, Wisconsin, and Arizona. All others can pound a fine white sand.

Mike Bohn!

I always snicker when I think of Cincy because of stories that always come out about the ejections or brawls or their academic reputation under Huggy Bear. Still they were a fun team to watch back in the day so I still find myself cheering for them. Remember Kenny Satterfield? Absolute baller.

My image of Cincinnati has always included a power forward who is a couple inches shorter than everyone likes but makes up for it with an extra 20lbs of muscle and attitude.

Maybe the best of them was Kenyon Martin (who did grow to normal height while there) who in addition to being skilled never let a foul call on him be wasted. Danny Fortson was a similar style player but certainly not close to as good.

What's up with UCLA's shorts?

Same style as cincy is wearing right now and Louisville has worn all year. Ville might have had them last year also, but yes, like already pointed out they are stupid Adidas. I hate the style.

Back