What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

Is anyone keeping up with the LSU UF controversy? UF is seemingly refusing any options given to them to reschedule/actually play this game and are instead opting to just cancel it. Seems to be a lot of drama brewing in SEC country along with Matthew.
There is zero chance in hell Florida would give up a home game to then travel to LSU to play a rivalry game. The only game that could be bought out and rescheduled would be November 19th but there is also no way in hell LSU would play three road games in a row (@Arkansas, @Florida, and then @A&M) so the game will not be played.

There is zero chance in hell Florida would give up a home game to then travel to LSU to play a rivalry game. The only game that could be bought out and rescheduled would be November 19th but there is also no way in hell LSU would play three road games in a row (@Arkansas, @Florida, and then @A&M) so the game will not be played.

This is my understanding too. But I read somewhere that one of the options was to reschedule to Sunday or Monday at home but UF cited the possible lack of power as being a reason to not do that. It just seems strange, but understandable

Cone on DBT, you're a scientist? Know your numbers man!
Cone on!

dells99.jpg

This is my understanding too. But I read somewhere that one of the options was to reschedule to Sunday or Monday at home but UF cited the possible lack of power as being a reason to not do that. It just seems strange, but understandable
Yeah I'm not sure about that. I thought they should have tried to go to Atlanta and play in the Georgia Dome.

Yeah I'm not sure about that. I thought they should have tried to go to Atlanta and play in the Georgia Dome.
1. Maybe the P5 conferences should keep an open contingency week between end of regular season and the CCGs. Current schedule allows no room for anything to go wrong. Plenty of open space on the calendar between CCGs and bowls.
2. If I was the SEC commish, I think I'd pressure Florida to cancel one of the two non-conf games they have at the end of the regular season (Presbyterian -- nobody will miss that matchup come November) and re-schedule the LSU game that week.

1. Maybe the P5 conferences should keep an open contingency week between end of regular season and the CCGs. Current schedule allows no room for anything to go wrong. Plenty of open space on the calendar between CCGs and bowls.
2. If I was the SEC commish, I think I'd pressure Florida to cancel one of the two non-conf games they have at the end of the regular season (Presbyterian -- nobody will miss that matchup come November) and re-schedule the LSU game that week.
I doubt lsu would agree to that weekend.

Nubs now #10. They have done nothing but beat Oregon at home in a closely contested game that could have gone either way, well before Oregon started to not believe.

They remain undefeated.

They miss Michigan this year but play Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa on the road. Iowa is awful this week having barely beat Rutgers and Minnesota while losing to NDSU.

Can't wait to see them get mopped by Urban.

Would add, that they were locked with Wyoming at home going into the fourth quarter when Wyoming self destructed and Nubs scored 4 unanswered TDs. For 3 quarters, Wyoming gave them everything they can handle. I think Riley is doing a nice job, but the Nubs are a top 25 team barely, not a top 10 team.

Would add, that they were locked with Wyoming at home going into the fourth quarter when Wyoming self destructed and Nubs scored 4 unanswered TDs. For 3 quarters, Wyoming gave them everything they can handle. I think Riley is doing a nice job, but the Nubs are a top 25 team barely, not a top 10 team.
Their reasonable fans are aware. I told a buddy at work that we might be ready for them and he said he hopes they're ready for us.

That sucks for them.

Even if they beat USU with Stevens, they're not going far with him.

I'd feel sorry for them but I don't. Good luck to the youngster with the knee, that sucks but part of it.

SIAP

Utah loses leading rusher for the rest of they year. They currently have one RB healthy, and have lost a total of 5 starters for the year (RB, C, G, TE, DE).

I think that the guy who was supposed to be the starter this year and medically retired is rejoining the team due to the rash of injuries.

I think that the guy who was supposed to be the starter this year and medically retired is rejoining the team due to the rash of injuries.

That's pretty noble of the kid, but if he medically retired, maybe not the best decision for his long-term health. Hopefully he gets quality counsel on that decision.

That's pretty noble of the kid, but if he medically retired, maybe not the best decision for his long-term health. Hopefully he gets quality counsel on that decision.
He "medicallly" retired. There's a difference.

He retired because he fumbled away his PT and got angry. see article.

Looks like Hell froze over or something.... link
On the surface, I thought the SEC was punishing UF for not finding a way to play it on Monday or Sunday.
Feels more like Florida trying to line up all the key opponents next year at home for McElwain's year 3 romp.

Looks like Hell froze over or something.... link
On the surface, I thought the SEC was punishing UF for not finding a way to play it on Monday or Sunday.
Feels more like Florida trying to line up all the key opponents next year at home for McElwain's year 3 romp.
Yeah exchanged years, and Foley didn't seem too happy about it. LSU sort of knows they aren't going to be in the championship game this year anyways so probably had the leverage of not playing the game at all while Florida is now in first place in the East.

Jalen Hurd transferring from Tennessee... Very strange.

Possibly Jonathan Kongbo, too, who would be much more interesting to the Buffs. 6'6" 270lb SDE who originally was going to Wyoming and ended up at Arizona Western. 4*/5* prospect coming out of JUCO.

Back