What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

I expect that the RS-Frosh from CA will end up in the Pac-12. Sits out 2017 and then is ready to start as a Junior. Maybe UCLA, since it fits the Rosen timeline.

The ACC announced that they will play their championship game in Orlando on Dec. 3rd. For those who missed it, they announced 2 weeks ago that they are moving the game out of Charlotte for this season.

The ACC announced that they will play their championship game in Orlando on Dec. 3rd. For those who missed it, they announced 2 weeks ago that they are moving the game out of Charlotte for this season.

That's a huge advantage for either Miami or FSU if they get there.

On ESPN's college football talk before Countdown comes on, they played part of a Les Miles interview and a couple of their analysts were talking about his next steps. They seemed certain that he wants to keep coaching. Their opinion was that with the way he wants to play football (pound it with 3 yards and a cloud of dust), the Big Ten is the best fit and that Penn State (if they fire Franklin) would be the perfect fit.

Makes a lot of sense, actually.

On ESPN's college football talk before Countdown comes on, they played part of a Les Miles interview and a couple of their analysts were talking about his next steps. They seemed certain that he wants to keep coaching. Their opinion was that with the way he wants to play football (pound it with 3 yards and a cloud of dust), the Big Ten is the best fit and that Penn State (if they fire Franklin) would be the perfect fit.

Makes a lot of sense, actually.

Saw that. They also said Franklin's buyout was $12.5 million...Yikes!

Barnett thinks he's found a loophole that will allow him to play after game 4 next fa), and that's why he's leaving now.

Barnett thinks he's found a loophole that will allow him to play after game 4 next fa), and that's why he's leaving now.
Doesn't Alabama start a run first quarterback? Man that seems like a salty move on his part, he could have ended up being they starter for the playoffs if something happened.

CU has a DJ, has brought in local & better concessions and has student section seating at the 40 yard line.

There's nothing in there that CU isn't doing to some level. Can it be improved or taken up a notch? Sure. But it's not like CU or RG have been stuck in some 1970s mindset of how to put on a college football game.

CU has a DJ, has brought in local & better concessions and has student section seating at the 40 yard line.

There's nothing in there that CU isn't doing to some level. Can it be improved or taken up a notch? Sure. But it's not like CU or RG have been stuck in some 1970s mindset of how to put on a college football game.
Who is CU's DJ?

Also, Sound system quality is a very underrated aspect of the game experience, IMO.

What can we do about the halftime show? I wasn't at the Idaho State game, but last year, you could have video taped a segment from a 1940's game and there would not have been much difference.

Who is CU's DJ?

Also, Sound system quality is a very underrated aspect of the game experience, IMO.

Last year they had that DJ Bedz guy. He did the Spring Game this year. Don't know if he's doing the actual games for football & basketball in 2016-17.

Who is CU's DJ?

Casey-1.jpg

Absolutely recognize RG has started to change the way things are done, but I think its important to recognize how student attendance is an arms race like facilities is. The craziest thing to me was Clemson students don't pay for football tickets (not that CU student tickets are expensive). A first hit is free idea.
tyrone.gif

Absolutely recognize RG has started to change the way things are done, but I think its important to recognize how student attendance is an arms race like facilities is. The craziest thing to me was Clemson students don't pay for football tickets (not that CU student tickets are expensive). A first hit is free idea.
View attachment 20829

Make every student pay a fee (which would be much less than student ticket prices by spreading across all students), then I have no problem with not charging students to attend games. But if CU did something like that, I'd want some sort of thing going on where there was a small fee to join C-Unit that makes them eligible for t-shirts et al and a preferred line for entering Folsom or Coors.

Concessions are a joke.

Well, with the bill for our new facilities, couldn't you say we are way in the red as well. The important thing is "are we spending less than our revenue?" Not how much we owe.

Well, with the bill for our new facilities, couldn't you say we are way in the red as well. The important thing is "are we spending less than our revenue?" Not how much we owe.

No. CU is paying all of its athletic department expenses and then some, including its liabilities on debt service related to facilities. That is not "in the red".

Cal isn't able to pay its bills, experiencing a $22 million revenue shortfall.

No. CU is paying all of its athletic department expenses and then some, including its liabilities on debt service related to facilities. That is not "in the red".

Cal isn't able to pay its bills, experiencing a $22 million revenue shortfall.
No need to get huffy! Good! I hope they go broke. Sort of.

Speaking of income revenue, Rick must be kicking himself for signing the Nike contract renewal if we start to really take off. I'm guessing a winning season would have meant a better contract. But maybe he has some provisions based on jersey sales or network coverage...

Is anyone keeping up with the LSU UF controversy? UF is seemingly refusing any options given to them to reschedule/actually play this game and are instead opting to just cancel it. Seems to be a lot of drama brewing in SEC country along with Matthew.

Back