What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

And have Hagler on the sidelines eating cheeseburgers and lifting weights.
th

The big news today from Folsom Frenzy, is they have been rebranded.

Elu3-Lsi.jpg

Makes a lot of sense in terms of logistics and branding. I hope this leads to better organization and more ability to support the students from the AD.

The big news today from Folsom Frenzy, is they have been rebranded.

Elu3-Lsi.jpg

Makes a lot of sense in terms of logistics and branding. I hope this leads to better organization and more ability to support the students from the AD.
I always wanted to be called the big Unit. That should play well.

Irwin (6'-5", 295), Kough (6'-4", 295), Kelley (6'-2", 305), Lynott (6'-3", 300), Kronshage (6'-6", 295)

As listed, that is a pretty stout looking OL.

For comparative purposes, IMG academy's OL averages 6'4" 325 lbs... ;)

Sure. But when you see CU's OL they are not fat guys. These are huge dudes around 20% body fat. Pretty much an average male for that age but with a ton of muscle mass. When I look at HS OLs who are tipping the scales at 290+ and certainly at 325, they're fat.

This was one of the things that really struck me the first time I was around NFL offensive linemen. They're not fat. It's more like they are just super sized versions of regular people who also do some weight training.

Sure. But when you see CU's OL they are not fat guys. These are huge dudes around 20% body fat. Pretty much an average male for that age but with a ton of muscle mass. When I look at HS OLs who are tipping the scales at 290+ and certainly at 325, they're fat.

This was one of the things that really struck me the first time I was around NFL offensive linemen. They're not fat. It's more like they are just super sized versions of regular people who also do some weight training.
Agreed. Was just joking... The Atlanta Falcons average 305 lbs. If our OL averages around 300 lbs of "good weight", we're in a good spot, physically.

Irwin (6'-5", 295), Kough (6'-4", 295), Kelley (6'-2", 305), Lynott (6'-3", 300), Kronshage (6'-6", 295)

As listed, that is a pretty stout looking OL.

CSU's D-line is 6-4 270, 6-4 290, 6-4 265, and 6-4 245. CU's OL should be able to get a good push against them.

I'd rather see a unit of 290 to 300 plus of "good weight" linemen than tubs of ****ing chewed bubble gum. That is a big HS line though, Jesus.

Nik "Gettin' Jiggy wit it". He needs the season to start!

I thought CSU was going to start a 300+ frosh up front? I think he'll be totally gassed by the 3rd down....

I thought CSU was going to start a 300+ frosh up front? I think he'll be totally gassed by the 3rd down....
2d string NT. They go 4 deep there for some reason on their depth chart, so yea, I expect them to rotate a lot.

2d string NT. They go 4 deep there for some reason on their depth chart, so yea, I expect them to rotate a lot.

Christian Colon was the guy getting all the hype that I think holic was talking about. Missed a couple weeks with a fracture in his foot and I don't see him on the depth chart.

I agree, but we say that every year and we still seem to have trouble running it.
For the last few years the Lammies have had upperclassmen (Jrs, who became Srs) at DL positions, all of whom worked against a very decent OL in practice. CS-Ewe graduated those guys and are now facing changed circumstances, with a ton of new young guys, in a new system..
Plus, CU's change at S&C ( from Mad Scientist to Old School lift heavy weights) has resulted in a bigger, stronger CU OL. We'll see.

So Tom Brady will be in the house when the buffs swing through Ann Arbor. Think he will cry if michigan loses?
tom-brady.jpg

Just happened to catch a segment on Denver's 104.3 The Fan. Sandy Clough with weekly guest Chris Landry. Subject shifted from constant NFL talk to college, albeit briefly. The cynicism was heavy wrt CU. I know, big shock. Neither think even four wins is likely. They viewed JMFL as merely a MacIntyre equivalent replacement. Not an upgrade. I need to learn not to tune in.

Just happened to catch a segment on Denver's 104.3 The Fan. Sandy Clough with weekly guest Chris Landry. Subject shifted from constant NFL talk to college, albeit briefly. The cynicism was heavy wrt CU. I know, big shock. Neither think even four wins is likely. They viewed JMFL as merely a MacIntyre equivalent replacement. Not an upgrade. I need to learn not to tune in.
As I said in the radio thread, Clough is just as bad as everybody else on that station when it comes to college (CU) football.

As I said in the radio thread, Clough is just as bad as everybody else on that station when it comes to college (CU) football.

This is where there is such an opportunity, though. CSU has seized it while CU has missed it. They're much better at PR. The Denver media knows next to nothing about local college football and is not interested or motivated to do research. So they will believe and parrot whatever talking points are given to them. But somehow the national college football media ends up being much more knowledgeable and insightful about CU football than the Denver sports media. This is a problem and an abject failure by CU's athletic department.

Back