What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

Forgot to mention Landry even suggested Art Briles as an option if MacIntyre was let go but couched it as far fetched -- would CU even be willing and would Briles even be interested. Smh at the complete lack of awareness of such a notion.

Forgot to mention Landry even suggested Art Briles as an option if MacIntyre was let go but couched it as far fetched -- would CU even be willing and would Briles even be interested. Smh at the complete lack of awareness of such a notion.
No way in hell CU touches Briles. Would be a complete media circus. He couldn't wipe his ass without the boulder media investigating it.

No way in hell CU touches Briles. Would be a complete media circus. He couldn't wipe his ass without the boulder media investigating it.

It's not even worth discussing. CU folks laugh at the notion.

CU would be looking for someone in the David Shaw mold in terms of values and integrity.

This is where there is such an opportunity, though. CSU has seized it while CU has missed it. They're much better at PR. The Denver media knows next to nothing about local college football and is not interested or motivated to do research. So they will believe and parrot whatever talking points are given to them. But somehow the national college football media ends up being much more knowledgeable and insightful about CU football than the Denver sports media. This is a problem and an abject failure by CU's athletic department.

Ding ding ding.

But hey, people scoffed at the notion this spring when I said Mike MacIntyre should be doing more to promote the program.

Ding ding ding.

But hey, people scoffed at the notion this spring when I said Mike MacIntyre should be doing more to promote the program.
CU is launching a new weekly TV spot on altitude, and just got their premier video department a spot on Pac-12 Net. Sounds like they are trying. Need to get on board with one of the local FM stations though to do a weekly coaches show.

CU is launching a new weekly TV spot on altitude, and just got their premier video department a spot on Pac-12 Net. Sounds like they are trying. Need to get on board with one of the local FM stations though to do a weekly coaches show.

Yep. Even if they had to pay for the air time, I think they should get the MacIntyre and Boyle shows on tv.

Why don't we get someone here that can fix the PR stuff? Is that the coach's responsibility or do they hire folks for that? Idk just asking.

Why don't we get someone here that can fix the PR stuff? Is that the coach's responsibility or do they hire folks for that? Idk just asking.
The AD is probably more responsible for that then the coaches. Coaches will show up for what they are told to show up for. Someone else manages organizing those things though.

104.3 had Klatt on this morning.

Outside of their constant attempt to move him into NFL (Broncos) talk he had some interesting comments on college football.

He commented on this being a critical year for the PAC coming off a season they were left out of the playoff. He also said that this is a critical year for the Buffs to take advantage since the top of the south is weaker than usual, CU has to step up.

Also said it is critical for CU to get back into the bowl cycles. Pointed out that the extra bowl practices are critical to developing younger players, playing in four bowl games is the equivelent of getting an extra year of spring ball and fall camp for developing players.

104.3 had Klatt on this morning.

Outside of their constant attempt to move him into NFL (Broncos) talk he had some interesting comments on college football.

He commented on this being a critical year for the PAC coming off a season they were left out of the playoff. He also said that this is a critical year for the Buffs to take advantage since the top of the south is weaker than usual, CU has to step up.

Also said it is critical for CU to get back into the bowl cycles. Pointed out that the extra bowl practices are critical to developing younger players, playing in four bowl games is the equivelent of getting an extra year of spring ball and fall camp for developing players.
Joel is a very smart individual and knows as much about college football as anybody. I really enjoy when he's on with the local guys, as well as the national shows like Colin Cowherd and other Fox shows.

Joel is a very smart individual and knows as much about college football as anybody. I really enjoy when he's on with the local guys, as well as the national shows like Colin Cowherd and other Fox shows.

As an aside, it would be great if Colin Cowherd and Skip Bayless would pair up and do a show together. Contain all those horrible takes within one neat little package that is more easily avoided.

As an aside, it would be great if Colin Cowherd and Skip Bayless would pair up and do a show together. Contain all those horrible takes within one neat little package that is more easily avoided.
My God, Idk if I could take those two clowns together.

god willing they would kill each other... maybe even take ****lock with em

Surely Rick knows this, he's done a ton already. I hope he's working on it, I'd think he would be.
Does Rick know he's alienating media by excluding them? Really, it's time for Plati to take his state retirement and have this thing revamped from the top with an internal organization that understands the outside media, social media, and goes after this from a circa 2016 perspective.

He also said that if they do fire mm would the admin big boy up and pay a top tier coach. Briles was used as a name coach that doesn't have a job but we all no that will not happen. He mentioned that butch jones was using cu to get that vols job and if they didn't offer he would have stayed at
cincy. He also said that it was nice to upgrade the facilities but that was just to catch up with the rest of the conference.
He is good but he is also in the south where they take college ball serious.

He also said that if they do fire mm would the admin big boy up and pay a top tier coach. Briles was used as a name coach that doesn't have a job but we all no that will not happen. He mentioned that butch jones was using cu to get that vols job and if they didn't offer he would have stayed at
cincy. He also said that it was nice to upgrade the facilities but that was just to catch up with the rest of the conference.
He is good but he is also in the south where they take college ball serious.

The statement about the facilities is ignorant. I will assume that he has not seen CU's facilities or other facilities in the Pac-12. CU had been behind others in the conference. Now it is ahead of the conference. It was a hell of a lot more than a project to just catch up.

The statement about the facilities is ignorant. I will assume that he has not seen CU's facilities or other facilities in the Pac-12. CU had been behind others in the conference. Now it is ahead of the conference. It was a hell of a lot more than a project to just catch up.
Agreed. Landry is an $ec guy and frankly, I don't expect him to know that much about the PAC12 or CU in particular. Self anointed experts, who don't do their homework, when asked about something they know nothing about, should say something like "I've heard what they've done was long overdue and it should help a lot". Otherwise, stfu.

Ding ding ding.

Using Nik to throw Rick George under the bus. Nice!
Only reason CS Ewe gets any pub is their new mini-stadium and Big 12 speculation.
Its Rick's job to do PR and go buy or rent himself some Denver Media-types; HCMM can only go along for the ride.
Local media types don't like or are uncomfortable with HCMM, he's a strong Christian and they are all "sophisticated" agnostics or atheists.

Using Nik to throw Rick George under the bus. Nice!
Only reason CS Ewe gets any pub is their new mini-stadium and Big 12 speculation.
Its Rick's job to do PR and go buy or rent himself some Denver Media-types; HCMM can only go along for the ride.
Local media types don't like or are uncomfortable with HCMM, he's a strong Christian and they are all "sophisticated" agnostics or atheists.
What? You have evidence on that last assertion? We have agnostics and atheists on this board who seem to like HCMM as a person quite a bit. I think the local media issue is something that goes back a number of years and is not related to HCMM at all.

I think your last assertion is completely ridiculous. MacIntyre is public with his faith, but not nearly to the same level that McCartney was. In fact, I have never really heard MacIntyre bring it up off script, so I highly doubt they hate him because he is a strong Christian. I doubt they hate him at all. They just do not really know him, so he gets lost in the shuffle.

Does Rick know he's alienating media by excluding them? Really, it's time for Plati to take his state retirement and have this thing revamped from the top with an internal organization that understands the outside media, social media, and goes after this from a circa 2016 perspective.
The problem with Plati is that he is part-time and really just a stat-man/sports trivia guy (500 page Media guide, but we can't get current photos of all CU athletes on-line or a simple usable current FB roster for downloading, Really?? and whose main attribute is he has been there forever), despite what everyone thinks.
Let's get a real full-time SID , someone who knows where the bodies are buried and can arrange for hookers, blow and fancy meals, for the local media geeks, most of whom have never been laid by real women (recall rumors of the unholy alliance of Plati and Natalie Meisler!!!)!

Last edited:
I think your last assertion is completely ridiculous. MacIntyre is public with his faith, but not nearly to the same level that McCartney was. In fact, I have never really heard MacIntyre bring it up off script, so I highly doubt they hate him because he is a strong Christian. I doubt they hate him at all. They just do not really know him, so he gets lost in the shuffle.
Didn't say they "hate him", they are just uncomfortable with people of faith, who are not Broncos-related; it's too counter to the way they think.

Back