What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

I'd take Max Browne if he wanted to come here. No job is guaranteed, though. As long as he understands that, more competition and depth at the QB position is usually a good thing.

I'd take Max Browne if he wanted to come here. No job is guaranteed, though. As long as he understands that, more competition and depth at the QB position is usually a good thing.

Why would he do that? That's essentially why Webb didn't come to CU. I'm sure he wants to go somewhere where it's guaranteed he would start since he only has one more year.

fines are from the Pac12, not the NCAA. And our AD said he was in favor of the policy. player safety, and all that. The SEC does it also.

link

now, I do think RG will regret this comment:
George said he doesn't think the new regulations will require any significant increase in security personnel.

I was talking to the wife about the field rushing and the fines. Her comment was that after the fans rushed the field following ASU, the University should've had police go through and ticket the violators, something like $150 each. no arrest, no jail, no cops beating students with batons, just a fine that will piss them off enough to wait a minute next time.

If the conversation around campus for the next week had been how none of your friends had beer or weed money because of the fine, I suspect behavior would've changed for the subsequent home wins.

fines are from the Pac12, not the NCAA. And our AD said he was in favor of the policy. player safety, and all that. The SEC does it also.

link

now, I do think RG will regret this comment:

I was talking to the wife about the field rushing and the fines. Her comment was that after the fans rushed the field following ASU, the University should've had police go through and ticket the violators, something like $150 each. no arrest, no jail, no cops beating students with batons, just a fine that will piss them off enough to wait a minute next time.

If the conversation around campus for the next week had been how none of your friends had beer or weed money because of the fine, I suspect behavior would've changed for the subsequent home wins.
That'd be lame as **** and trying to ticket thousands of drunk students wouldn't go over well at all. The Pac 12 needs to stop being a ****ing buzzkill and realize the AD has no control over fans rushing the field and fines are unwarranted.

250K is a lot of $$. Does field/court storming carry over from one sport to the other? That could get to be problematic. They're going to need to fix it somehow.

Hopefully the basketball crowd realizes what is court storming worthy, and no, CSU is not one.

Except that it's the only remaining opportunity for students who only know the "it sucks to be a CSU Ram" chant to rush, chant, and not come off as complete idots. It will happen. This is important for them.

That'd be lame as **** and trying to ticket thousands of drunk students wouldn't go over well at all. The Pac 12 needs to stop being a ****ing buzzkill and realize the AD has no control over fans rushing the field and fines are unwarranted.
You don't have to ticket thousands. 100-200 fines likely would've had an impact.

Except that it's the only remaining opportunity for students who only know the "it sucks to be a CSU Ram" chant to rush, chant, and not come off as complete idots. It will happen. This is important for them.
If only there were an intelligent leader of said student fan group that was able to get all the students on board with rush or no rush etiquette. *cough* @StormTrooper *cough*

Make the students pay for it out of student fees.

What pisses me off is that they had their ticket prices reduced this year and got an amazing family deal for Utah game tickets. Student attendance probably cost the AD more money than they brought in, at the end of the day.

I say shoot a few field rushers...that'll teach 'em. Field rushing may be the biggest threat to our civilization since environmental degradation.

Make the students pay for it out of student fees....
are you suggesting that student fees be increased to accommodate field-rushing fines? that's hardly fair to the 20k students who didn't rush the field.
...What pisses me off is that they had their ticket prices reduced this year and got an amazing family deal for Utah game tickets. ...
Anybody who pays attention to how hard the AD works to raise money should be pissed. Anybody who bought a Buff brick, donated to the Buff club, upgraded your seats to the club level or financially supported the university in other ways should be pissed at the school throwing away that hard-raised money like this. I know there are some fans reading this and thinking "phooey, it's just $175k -- this season was worth it", but unless your donations to the school are of the six-figure magnitude (or above), you're mistaken -- we should have the wins and the money.

Why would he do that? That's essentially why Webb didn't come to CU. I'm sure he wants to go somewhere where it's guaranteed he would start since he only has one more year.
Why would he do that? Hell, I don't know. I do know that we did the right thing by not guaranteeing the starting job to Webb. We would be stupid to guarantee anything to Browne. Montez has earned his shot. He's a big boy and would understand it if Browne came in and beat him. He wouldn't be so understanding if the job was handed to Browne. As for Brownes motivation, that's his issue. If he wants to play here, those are the conditions.

Make the students pay for it out of student fees.

What pisses me off is that they had their ticket prices reduced this year and got an amazing family deal for Utah game tickets. Student attendance probably cost the AD more money than they brought in, at the end of the day.
I'd prefer to not **** on the students. They are the reason there's a University of Colorado in the first place. I have no issue with giving them discounts. Today's students are tomorrow's alumni and, perhaps, tomorrow's season ticket holders. Get them on board now. All those kids who ran on the field have a story they'll tell for years. Let them have it.

Back