What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

Dino was back at practice today. Too bad he will never play a down for us.
The part of me that saw his talent during the spring hopes you're wrong...the part of me that detests what he did and his initial attempts to lie to the cops makes me hope you're right....The part of me that hates ****baylor wonders how any of those fans live with themselves...

The part of me that saw his talent during the spring hopes you're wrong...the part of me that detests what he did and his initial attempts to lie to the cops makes me hope you're right....The part of me that hates ****baylor wonders how any of those fans live with themselves...
Why? everyone makes stupid mistakes, especially at 18/19 years old. Everyone on here slobbers all over PRich and the reason we got him here at CU, was because of one of those dumb mistakes/decisions.

Why? everyone makes stupid mistakes, especially at 18/19 years old. Everyone on here slobbers all over PRich and the reason we got him here at CU, was because of one of those dumb mistakes/decisions.

No, not "everyone makes stupid mistakes, especially at 18/19 years old" where those stupid mistakes are burglary. I am fine with the second chance for a man, but the hand waving off of the seriousness of the action is not fine.

Gillam may have gotten his weight up, but damn he still looks small.

13906727_1416487568377832_7780170103985142727_n.jpg

No, not "everyone makes stupid mistakes, especially at 18/19 years old" where those stupid mistakes are burglary. I am fine with the second chance for a man, but the hand waving off of the seriousness of the action is not fine.
You're right, he made a mistake and was caught. Falo was intelligent enough to just own it and say he messed up both to the cops and to the public. So I don't feel any qualms about him working his way back on the team. Dino....Dino insisted he was innocent...and I haven't seen anything yet where he has come out and said he messed up to the public. The mistake doesn't reflect on their character so much as the actions after the mistake.

Gillam may have gotten his wait up, but damn he still looks small.

We were hearing all off season about how he had put on good weight and was looking stronger. But now Woelk and others are saying he's not any different than we've seen him in the past. Who knows what's going on with this guy? I really hope he has a healthy, productive season, but I'm not holding my breath. I said the same thing about him prior to last season. Adkins, too.

CBS rankings are always too mixed up and never realize the difference between G5 and P5 teams. It has been that way for a couple years.

Gillam may have gotten his weight up, but damn he still looks small.

He is still on the smaller side for a backer, but to me he does look bigger than he did before. I was amazed he could play D1 college linebacker at all he was so skinny before. I feel badly for Gillam, he was too small to play, but too good on a bad team not to play. I think this lead directly to his inuries and that the injuries have prevented him from putting the work needed to get bigger during the off seasons....It has become cyclical. I really think that if this guy took a redshirt year while healthy he would come back much bigger and be an absolute monster.

If that is close to accurate, it puts UCLA and Wazzu squarely in the no-hoper category. I think Wazzu is beatable, I'm not sure we play UCLA nearly as close this year as we have in the past.

About a month ago, MM said Gillam was up to 230 lbs. 6'3" 230 is nearing prototypical size for an ILB. He will be fine as is, but if he can get to 235-240 when the season starts, that would be ideal.

SIAP somewhere, but the following is an interview with MM on some station in San Diego.

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6889073/MikeMac1090.0.mp3

Best part... (paraphrasing)
Interviewer: Was this a bigger rebuilding job than you thought when you got to CU?
MM: Yes. After the 5th Spring practice I realized the team I coached at SJSU would have beat us by 50.

Ouch.

SIAP somewhere, but the following is an interview with MM on some station in San Diego.

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6889073/MikeMac1090.0.mp3

Best part... (paraphrasing)
Interviewer: Was this a bigger rebuilding job than you thought when you got to CU?
MM: Yes. After the 5th Spring practice I realized the team I coached at SJSU would have beat us by 50.

Ouch.

It took him 5 practices to realize that? The San Antonio Outlaws would've beat us by double digits.

It took him even longer to realize his staff was incapable.

I think that's fair.

He had a CU team his SJSU team could have beaten by 50.
He had the SJSU staff.
He built the team up to where it could have gone toe-to-toe with that SJSU team which finished in the Top 25.
He realized that a WAC Top 25 is equivalent to the Pac-12 cellar and he needed coaches who could bring in more talent.

So we are where we are today. Need to take the next step and be able to play around .500 ball in the Pac-12.

Back