What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

Woelk had a very good update today on who is showing well in camp: http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2016/8/...-oliver-witherspoon-enjoying-solid-camps.aspx

Great news if Spoon and Oliver are in a very even position battle. We need Spoon to reach his potential this season.

Really fires me up to hear that Addison was making plays in full contact red zone situation play.

And some young guys stepping up, it sounds like. Keeney and Haigler continue to push for a lot of PT while Lynott is starting to own that RG job.

Those Buffzone articles got me. I'm drinking the kool aid. D line depth, the secondary, receivers, Frazier, Irwin x2, competition on oline, etc. This is our year!

SIAP but it appears Dino Gordon is back practicing.

At :42 sec in (or :37 remaining, Facebook is kinda dumb) you can see Noyer handing off to Dino. No one else on the roster is wearing #10.

2014 yardage is a mirage. I really wish more people would acknowledge how poor 6.4 YPA really is.
I did some poking around on this stat. For 2015:
1) 8 of the top 100 QBs sorted by passer rating had 6.4 YPA or less, the highest rated one was 39th (UMass)
2) Only 2 bowl teams
3) One of those was Nebraska, who got an exception to go bowling when finishing the regular season 5-7
4) The other was Duke, who finished 8-5, 4-4 in the ACC. Is this a coincidence or the master plan?

He led arguably the most prolific CU offense in over a decade his sophomore year

I agree that he's not atop the list of concerns for this team, but your "most prolific" argument doesn't really mean much. We have been a punch line for over a decade. Our QB play has been a joke since Klatt. Sefo has made crippling turnovers, mistakes, and choices late in games to cost us wins. He's one of the best Buffs we've had in the heart department, but you still have to have SOME concern from his history and the severity of his injury.

Last edited:
2014 yardage is a mirage. I really wish more people would acknowledge how poor 6.4 YPA really is.

Definitely agree that looking only at the passing yardage from 2014 gives an unrealistic depiction of the offense. However, disregarding the yardage is equally disingenuous. 2014 offense did some pretty good things, probably enough to win another 2-3 games but for untimely turnovers and poor defensive play.

If CU fans go crazy, and actually look for reasons to be optimistic going into the 2016 season, I think they look for the offense to take a step forward from that 2014 season as the baseline.

That may be true, but 2014 was the highest scoring CU offense since the 2001 team. I'm not saying that means a lot relative to our peers, as 2014 scoring output of 28.5 pts/game was 67th in the country, but let's not pretend the 2014 offense was a complete facade.

I did some poking around on this stat. For 2015:
1) 8 of the top 100 QBs sorted by passer rating had 6.4 YPA or less, the highest rated one was 39th (UMass)
2) Only 2 bowl teams
3) One of those was Nebraska, who got an exception to go bowling when finishing the regular season 5-7
4) The other was Duke, who finished 8-5, 4-4 in the ACC. Is this a coincidence or the master plan?
Interesting

That may be true, but 2014 was the highest scoring CU offense since the 2001 team. I'm not saying that means a lot relative to our peers, as 2014 scoring output of 28.5 pts/game was 67th in the country, but let's not pretend the 2014 offense was a complete facade.
Our offense was playing against a lot of 2nd and 3rd team defenses that year also.

If we had a juggernaut offensive team in 2014 why did we win only 2 games? Having a lot of yard is meaningless when you don't win. See SuperBowl 50.

Games that ended in double digit losses for CU:

1. CSU - CU was up 17-14 going into the 4th quarter
2. ASU - CU was down 10 going into the 2nd half
3. USC - CU was down 35-7 going into the 2nd half
4. UW - CU was up 20-17 going into the 2nd half and only down 8 going into the 4th quarter
5. AZ - CU was down 24-20 going into the 4th quarter
6. UO - CU was down 30-3 going into the 2nd half

USC and Oregon were the only two teams that had the luxury of pulling starters in the 3rd quarter, and if you subtract the 28 points CU scored in the 2nd halves of those games, they still averaged 26.2 pts/game. IIRC, the slogan for the 2015 offseason was something along the lines of "FINISH"...

Last edited:
If we had a juggernaut offensive team in 2014 why did we win only 2 games? Having a lot of yard is meaningless when you don't win. See SuperBowl 50.
Nobody said we had a juggernaut offense. Most people can at least acknowledge that the offense did some good things that season, though. They also did some very bad things, like throw costly interceptions that cost them games, and couldn't quite finish. I'm looking at Utah, UCLA, Cal, and CSU.

That washington game sucked, Marcus Peters went to work and then got kicked off the team the week after haha.

Does anyone have info on the scrimmage Saturday? Time? Lots open? Gate entrance?

TIA.

Also, 415 FCSP is playing CU vs Ua until 1pm.

Edit: AUGUST 13— Meetings (8:40a), Practice #11* (9:05-11:45a), ^Walk-through (8:10-9:10p) ALL Scrimmage; Down Syndrome Camp (p.m.)

Last edited:
Back