What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-2018 Bowl Season

I know that's the policy or focus of the presidents. I don't see why fans should care about that.

2,000 Boise State fans traveling to a game in Fort Collins is more fans than usually will travel from Denver for a game in Fort Collins.

Maybe 2,000 is decent by MWC standards, but not ready to step up to P5 standards. Especially if you're trying to make the argument that Boise's small market size is irrelevant because they have a national fanbase.

IMO, Boise is popular because they're the little school that could. Move them up to P5 and after a while that dissipates. After that they're Wazzu with a smaller alumni base.

This feels like a CU game, no reason for it not to be like 40-0 right now. But you know how this game will end.

That's part of their offense, though. I don't even think I'd call it a cute or trick play. Oregon guy got into the backfield too fast. OT screwed up or that was probably a touchdown.

Handoff was really high. Poor execution all around.

I think we're seeing the last, dying days of bowl games. When a guy like Royce Freeman sits out (not even Top 5 at his position for the draft), these games have ceased to matter to players. Unless they're playing in a NY6, if they're a P5 player then they are only there to get the vacation and gift bag of swag.

And now with the early signing day, if anything the prep time for this game hurt Oregon due to having less recruiting time than appearing in a bowl game helped the program.

I get that play is part of Boise's O but I wouldnt run it then when they were just lining up and kicking Oregon's ass. It just wasn't needed imho. If its called though, yall are right, gotta execute.

I understand that it's part of their playbook too, but come on. You're up 24 to nothing, you're inside Oregon's 10-yard line, you don't need to be doing a behind-the-back hand off.

Don't see this as an end of bowl games with players dropping at all, just a focus shift. People talk all the time how bowl game prep is key for the practice time for following year success so it becomes about that and a game for guys returning anyway.

Kirk just made a comment that reflects my perception and why I believe that the Pac-12 gets stronger by adding programs like Boise State and BYU.

"Oregon represents the fans who complain that there are just too many bowl games. Boise State are the fans who say 'I don't care who's playing, I'm watching some college football.'"

The importance of football and sports is what is lacking in the Pac-12. The conference needs to add more passion.

This game is a bad sign for Oregon with Cristobal's offense. Boise State wasn't dominant this year because it was probably the worst BSU defense in the past 2 decades.

I think we're seeing the last, dying days of bowl games. When a guy like Royce Freeman sits out (not even Top 5 at his position for the draft), these games have ceased to matter to players. Unless they're playing in a NY6, if they're a P5 player then they are only there to get the vacation and gift bag of swag.

And now with the early signing day, if anything the prep time for this game hurt Oregon due to having less recruiting time than appearing in a bowl game helped the program.

Don't know if I quite agree, but with that example in particular-I think the games that involve P5 teams will start after the early signing period (if it sticks). I don't think the schools will let these games go away-free exposure on ESPN and free money (P5 conferences are netting........$30-40 million just in bowl payouts?, and that's before we get into scenarios like the SEC's two teams in the playoffs).

Oregon handing out cheap-shots while they get embarrassed by a G5 school, lol.

I understand that it's part of their playbook too, but come on. You're up 24 to nothing, you're inside Oregon's 10-yard line, you don't need to be doing a behind-the-back hand off.
I agree but, since they did, 2 choices. One run the damn play and execute or change it in the huddle lol. I think you know what comes along with that.

Back