What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-2018 Bowl Season

Don't know if I quite agree, but with that example in particular-I think the games that involve P5 teams will start after the early signing period (if it sticks). I don't think the schools will let these games go away-free exposure on ESPN and free money (P5 conferences are netting........$30-40 million just in bowl payouts?, and that's before we get into scenarios like the SEC's two teams in the playoffs).
You know what would net more than that? Adding a semi-final round (2 games) to the conference championship.

This was probably the most talented CSU team at the skill positions they've ever had. Ram fans can't be happy about going 7-6, especially with the MWC so down this season.

We came back from skiing about 3pm.
1) My 10 yo daughter asked if we could go swimming. I said yes.
2) Then she asked if we could watch Pixels. I said yes.

I LOVE College Football. These early games just are not compelling. None of this makes me a good father - just a pragmatist.

I like to poke fun at CSU because of guys like Freddy the Ram and those cousin ****ers at Ramnation, but I have a lot of family and good friends who went to CSU and for their sake, I actually feel bad when they do poorly (except against us, of course).

21-18 over 3 years should not be acceptable in Fort Collins, especially when you can't beat the teams you consider rivals and measuring sticks, and losing every bowl game. 7-6 this year, with all the returning, experienced talent, should be the kind of thing that gets coaches at least on a short leash, if not fired. Certainly not given a 3 year extension.

Giving him that extension just seems stupid to me. My brother said that they were worried about him wanting to get an SEC job. There's no ****ing way an SEC school is going to look at a guy that has a career record of 21-18 at a G5 school.

They might be looking back at extending Bobo the way we look back at extending Hawkins.

I like to poke fun at CSU because of guys like Freddy the Ram and those cousin ****ers at Ramnation, but I have a lot of family and good friends who went to CSU and for their sake, I actually feel bad when they do poorly (except against us, of course).

21-18 over 3 years should not be acceptable in Fort Collins, especially when you can't beat the teams you consider rivals and measuring sticks, and losing every bowl game. 7-6 this year, with all the returning, experienced talent, should be the kind of thing that gets coaches at least on a short leash, if not fired. Certainly not given a 3 year extension.

Giving him that extension just seems stupid to me. My brother said that they were worried about him wanting to get an SEC job. There's no ****ing way an SEC school is going to look at a guy that has a career record of 21-18 at a G5 school.

They might be looking back at extending Bobo the way we look back at extending Hawkins.
I do think Bobo is one of the better OCs in college football.

Some guys are just good coordinators period. Then they get a head job and **** the bed. Not everybody can handle the head job I guess.

Some guys are just good coordinators period. Then they get a head job and **** the bed. Not everybody can handle the head job I guess.

Exhibit A, B and C:

wade-phillips.jpg

You know what would net more than that? Adding a semi-final round (2 games) to the conference championship.

Two things-One, seeing New Mexico State in a bowl game for the first time in half a century will be pretty cool......even if you're convinced there are too many bowls. Two, how do you do that-the top two teams in each division get to play for the right to play for conference titles? Take the SEC East or Big 10 West this year under that format-do 8-4 South Carolina (under that scenario) deserve to be a game that would put them in an NY6 bowl with a win? What about 9-3 Northwestern?

Until we get a year with five undefeated major conference champions, this system is fine as is. There hasn't been a legit case of a team getting screwed out of a playoff spot yet. We don't need basketball style tournaments in football or four team playoffs in major conferences or anything of the sort. I think you could have taken Clemson, Oklahoma, and Georgia in a three team playoff........had two play in a bowl with the winner playing the third for all the marbles and people would have been just fine with that.

Last edited:
Each conference needs a legit conference champion, then each champ gets a playoff spot. Do not care whether do 6 total or 8, but winning your conference should be requirement number 1. Whatever you do after the top 5 is debatable, but giving the best of the others is fair.

2-10 record in rivalry/bowl games is pretty bad.

Each conference needs a legit conference champion, then each champ gets a playoff spot. Do not care whether do 6 total or 8, but winning your conference should be requirement number 1. Whatever you do after the top 5 is debatable, but giving the best of the others is fair.

No. You want to let UCF in at 12-0, okay. Boise this year? No.

Lane Kiffin is up 21-3 at the half and is telling an ESPN sideline guy his team isnt playing well because they tried an onside kick and it didnt work. Contrast that with Mike MacIntyre telling the Pac 12 blonde we're going to run the ball to try and stop Khalil Tate. Yeah, I'd hire that dude to coach this team.

Back