What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017-2018 Bowl Season

Your scenario makes no sense. How would a 5 star and 4 star linebacker both have CU as their #1 school? I don't understand. Please rephrase your scenario in a less impossible manner, so that I can comprehend it.
Sorry. I can’t rephrase for a total dick head and asshole who is incapable of... what many call... basic reasoning. It was a hypothetical...

With anyone else, I’d pass it off as a joke. With you? Suck it.

No... I mean suck it. Your whole presence on this board is negative. You contribute nothing. You show up when things are not right, just to try and stick the steak into the eyes of those that were somewhat optimistic.

I don’t know and don’t really care what made you such an asshole. At the end of the day... well, it’s just a shame.

o_O

Be honest, you made the initial post with no real basis other than Wisconsin's record.

Well, that and watching about 5 of their games this year. The guy is good for what they need him to do.

Would they be better with a more skilled QB? Certainly but he didn't lose games for them and he made enough opportune plays for them to win most of the time.

In Wisconsin's system you don't need a QB who goes out and takes over games. You need a guy who completes passes to convert first downs and hits enough passes downfield to keep the defense somewhat honest. Hornibrook played well enough for them to win all but one game this year.

In Wisconsin's system, they need the QB to turn the ball over a lot. It is that unique quality of "just not quite ****ing up enough to actually lose the game" which is priceless.

Remember when the conventional wisdom was that the Big Ten was done? Population was moving south and west, their recruiting grounds weren't what they used to be, and they couldn't compete with the speed of the SEC, ACC and Pac-12.

Amazing what money will do. Ohio State hired Urban, Michigan hired Harbaugh, Penn State got Franklin and the elites performing like elites has raised all boats. Helps a lot that the next tier of programs like Michigan State, Northwestern and Iowa have had the resources to hang onto damn good coaches with Dantonio, Fitzgerald and Ferentz who might have otherwise bolted.

The lesson here (and my hope) with the Pac-12 is that these things are cyclical. And the cycle turns in a hurry if those in Pac-12 leadership positions get aggressive and pissed off enough to make strong moves after the failure of a season the conference just had.

Sorry. I can’t rephrase for a total dick head and asshole who is incapable of... what many call... basic reasoning. It was a hypothetical...

No... I mean suck it. Your whole presence on this board is negative. You contribute nothing. You show up when things are not right, just to try and stick the steak into the eyes of those that were somewhat optimistic.

I don’t know and don’t really care what made you such an asshole. At the end of the day... well, it’s just a shame.

LOL - tell him how you really feel.

I feel like ignore is a useful tool.

I don't know if some of the guys who are constantly negative are just constantly negative in all parts of their lives, or just CU.

Of course, if you're constantly negative, I guess you're never disappointed. Personally, I tend to track more towards optimism, which means disappointment is really just an everyday part of my life.

I don't know if some of the guys who are constantly negative are just constantly negative in all parts of their lives, or just CU.

Of course, if you're constantly negative, I guess you're never disappointed. Personally, I tend to track more towards optimism, which means disappointment is really just an everyday part of my life.
I find that by being optimistic, I don't get as down by a failure as if I'm coming from a negative place. That's because the failure doesn't turn me negative. Instead, I tend to focus on the opportunity and the future to move on from that failure instead of wallowing in it. My impression is that when people are negative the failures don't bother them less, the failures actually bother them more. And they're also less likely to find joy in the success because they're always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think it was a joke based upon our recruiting woes.

Disappointment keeps me warm at night.

Lol. Says the guy who makes personal attacks and gets enraged at a random guy on the internet for not sunshine pumping during the worst 10 year runs in college football history. Also gotta point out that if people didn’t show up when “things aren’t right” then nobody would have been on this forum at any point in the last 10 years, besides last year.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it never fails to amuse me at how insanely angry some people on this forum get at others for “being negative” during a time in which we’ve had one winning season in the last 15 years. Have to imagine they have some sort of mental issue. Kinda makes me wonder if there are people on the Cleveland Browns message boards who get similarly angry at others on the forum for “being negative”

It would have been cool to see if Frost could duplicate this year for a second straight season and have the first G5 progrm in the CFP conversation.

Lol. Says the guy who makes personal attacks and gets enraged at a random guy on the internet for not sunshine pumping during the worst 10 year runs in college football history. Also gotta point out that if people didn’t show up when “things aren’t right” then nobody would have been on this forum at any point in the last 10 years, besides last year.

I think you continually make his point. The worst 10 years (record wise) ended 2 years ago, yet your posts indicate that you are oblivious to this fact. The Buffs by almost any measure have climbed out of that decade-long hole.

Personally I find you and your companions chronic negativity quite enjoyable. Each and every time MM and the Buffs accomplish even the slightest positive I know that it eats you up inside. It goes contrary to your agenda. However, if the Buffs fail then I think that too makes you miserable in the long-term big picture.

I think that your biggest fear is that MM and the Buffs are successful next season.

Thank you and keep up the good work. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, have a miserable new year (because that necessarily means that the Buffs will be accomplishing postives).

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it never fails to amuse me at how insanely angry some people on this forum get at others for “being negative” during a time in which we’ve had one winning season in the last 15 years. Have to imagine they have some sort of mental issue. Kinda makes me wonder if there are people on the Cleveland Browns message boards who get similarly angry at others on the forum for “being negative”
Would you consider me a “sunshine pumper”?

Checked that out earlier too haha. Was curious about their recruiting and amount of high end talent they had. I was discussing with my friend who is from wisconsin. The kids in Wisconsin live for football and they love the badgers. It’s an honor for them to be able to play for the badgers. This is what colorado doesn’t have. We don’t have that culture and CU hasn’t cornered that market.
So Barry Alvarez explicitly stated that his plan was to get good big lineman from Wisconsin, then reach out and get elite running backs to capitalize on winning the battle in the trenches.

What does that look like for Colorado talent?

So Barry Alvarez explicitly stated that his plan was to get good big lineman from Wisconsin, then reach out and get elite running backs to capitalize on winning the battle in the trenches.

What does that look like for Colorado talent?
That's probably a good fit for CU. 2018 notwithstanding, the state usually puts out 3-5 P5 level OL recruits a year.

Michigan turns the ball over 4 times in the 2nd half and chokes away a 19-3 lead.

I'm setting a record for futility in the Bowl Pick'em and today is no exception. I expected Auburn to dominate UCF (tied in the 4th) and Michigan to win comfortably against South Carolina (looks like they are going to lose down by a TD with 1:48 left).

Oh, and I would have picked ND by 10 over LSU. They are currently losing 14-6.

Basically, if I pick a bowl game, do the opposite and you will make yourself a lot of money.

What a beautiful TD drive from LSU. Running at will against Notre Dame,

I’m definitely a little nervous about Frost at Nebraska. It may take him a year, but he is clearly an excellent coach, and I think he’ll draw some talent.

Back