What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 College Football News

They used prepaid debit cards (loaded for books and other minor costs of attendance) to buy electronics, re-sold the electronics, and then reported the cards stolen.
Any idea on how long these suspensions are? That's fraud and theft and probably met with a minimum one year suspension at CU.

Harbaugh is The Savior, but how long can he go 10-3 every year and lose to Ohio St. before the natives get restless?
You'd think he's done that year after year by the way that question is posed. I think as long as far as it's generally up and to the right, no problem. If it stalled at that level for more than 2 years, you'd start to see angst, but Harbaugh is the golden child so he will get some benefit of the doubt.

A kid from Stetson, Nick Blakely, died on Monday. Damn, he was 19. Think he made it to the hospital or died on the way. Not sure what the cause was. Way too young. All they've really said is he collapsed.

Sparkles may end up having to play walk ons since they're the only guys who wouldn't have been given pre-paid debit cards.

Some good/interesting AF matchups in week 2.

UNC over Louisville and Stanford over USC seem to be early "upset" picks that make sense. Stanford bout to MANBALL all over USC's suspect run defense.

I still think Auburn/Clemson is gonna be fun but I'm sure Clemson will just annihilate them now and ruin everything.

No idea what to think about OU/tOSU or Georgia/ND.

Some good/interesting AF matchups in week 2.

UNC over Louisville and Stanford over USC seem to be early "upset" picks that make sense. Stanford bout to MANBALL all over USC's suspect run defense.

I still think Auburn/Clemson is gonna be fun but I'm sure Clemson will just annihilate them now and ruin everything.

No idea what to think about OU/tOSU or Georgia/ND.

Notre Dumb is overrated as usual, but what should we expect out of the dawgs? Every time I think they're good they play a stinker game that seems to derail their season.

And thanks for reminding me about the suckeyes vs the land thieves. That's all I'm gonna hear about all week down here in the land of red mud and swirling winds.

Notre Dumb is overrated as usual, but what should we expect out of the dawgs? Every time I think they're good they play a stinker game that seems to derail their season.

And thanks for reminding me about the suckeyes vs the land thieves. That's all I'm gonna hear about all week down here in the land of red mud and swirling winds.

Eason won't be back from his injury which means that true Freshman Jake Fromm will be making the start for UGA in South Bend. I'm guessing that ND will get a heavy dose of Chubb and Michel

Seems like the logical expectation is that OU will be able to throw on Ohio State's DBs but I'm curious what their running game looks like without Perine/Mixon. I expect tOSU to be able to go more zone and prevent OU from gashing them much. We will see, I fully expect Ohio State to win by double digits tho.

Seems like the logical expectation is that OU will be able to throw on Ohio State's DBs but I'm curious what their running game looks like without Perine/Mixon. I expect tOSU to be able to go more zone and prevent OU from gashing them much. We will see, I fully expect Ohio State to win by double digits tho.
I'd have been more likely to pick OU if Stoops was still there. Tough spot for a rookie coach.

Mayfield may be the perfect QB to neutralize Ohio State's DL. As good as Lagow was at times, he was a statue and did not move particularly well.

Baylor is a 16.5pt favorite over UTSA:whistle:

Also Miami/Arkansas State cancelled due to Irma.

OU o-line is pretty good this year right? Young but very talented so they should be able to hold their own against tOSU.

Baylor is a 16.5pt favorite over UTSA:whistle:

Also Miami/Arkansas State cancelled due to Irma.
UTSA is a solid G5 program, too. I like that number. Especially if I was teasing some games and could move that over 20.

OU o-line is pretty good this year right? Young but very talented so they should be able to hold their own against tOSU.

Huge radio argument down here yesterday regarding how much the crowd noise will affect the visitors.

The 'shoe with 100+K is gonna be raucous on Saturday. Mayfield might handle it okay but the young linemen and receivers are the ones to keep an eye on.

Oh wow, I hadn't read that Herman quote. I'm glad he called him out for it.

Texas lost to a true freshman, back-up QB. FGs were blocked, the OL failed, Maryland was gashing them for big plays all game. A lot of that was coaching issues whether Herman wants to blame others or not.

Edit: I should clarify that the back-up QB came in and finished them off. Not trying to imply he beat them all game.

I don't have an issue with the comment, just thought it was a little rough for a former coach. Seems like there almost has to be bad blood there.

Back