What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

and not playing them every year-do 2 2 for 1's every ten years.
If it's always a 2 for 1, I have no issue with it being an ongoing series. If CU is on the right trajectory, the game is going to be an auto win the vast majority of the time and creates a lot more revenue and excitement than New Hampshire, Idaho State or UNC.

This. The games would be far more meaningful if they didn’t happen every year. And allows us to have a more attractive OOC schedule.
There are rumors that the Big 10 is looking to adopt an 8 game conference schedule in 2022, in order to compete with SEC and ACC. If that happens and the Pac 12 doesn't follow suit, it's all but over for our conference with respect to national competitiveness. I think "a more attractive OOC schedule" for CU going forward should be whatever is conducive to winning. Of course there needs to be a legit P5 opponent, and some years maybe two, but as it stands today, CSU, P5 opponent and FCS is ideal. If the Pac moves to 8 game conference schedule eventually, CSU, P5 opponent, FCS and ****ty FBS is ideal.

There are rumors that the Big 10 is looking to adopt an 8 game conference schedule in 2022, in order to compete with SEC and ACC. If that happens and the Pac 12 doesn't follow suit, it's all but over for our conference with respect to national competitiveness. I think "a more attractive OOC schedule" for CU going forward should be whatever is conducive to winning. Of course there needs to be a legit P5 opponent, and some years maybe two, but as it stands today, CSU, P5 opponent and FCS is ideal. If the Pac moves to 8 game conference schedule eventually, CSU, P5 opponent, FCS and ****ty FBS is ideal.
No more FCS. No need for them if we don't have an unbalanced Pac-12 schedule with a need for a body bag home game to get 6 at Folsom.

No more FCS. No need for them if we don't have an unbalanced Pac-12 schedule with a need for a body bag home game to get 6 at Folsom.
Fair enough. If they were to go to 8 game conference schedules, then it needs to be one P5 (sometimes two) and three G5 most of the time.

Sounds like that rumor was started from a misinterpretation of Moos' comments.

If that happens, we don't have a choice as a league BUT to follow suit. With that said, Rick Neuheisel (who is one of my favorite talking heads) made an interesting point with respect to the Big 12 and Pac 12 (who would be the only schools playing 9). They'd have to collaborate-maybe games against each other?

If that happens, we don't have a choice as a league BUT to follow suit. With that said, Rick Neuheisel (who is one of my favorite talking heads) made an interesting point with respect to the Big 12 and Pac 12 (who would be the only schools playing 9). They'd have to collaborate-maybe games against each other?
Not following that math. Having less ooc games equates to having to collaborate?

Maybe I'm wrong, but most of the SEC, ACC and upper half of the BIG and Big 12 aren't really struggling with attendance issues, though.
Even the most rabid league in the country saw a dip. In 2017, the SEC experienced its sharpest per-game decline -- down an average 2,433 fans -- since 1992. That figure led the Power Five in fans lost per game in 2017.
While the SEC led all FBS conferences in average attendance for the 20th consecutive year, its average attendance (75,074) was the lowest since 2005. The SEC has slipped an average of 2,926 fans per game (3.7 percent) since a record 78,630 average in 2015.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ion-with-largest-attendance-drop-in-34-years/

Tell me again why we should fear CSU’s OL, just because they put it on us 4 years ago under McElwain?

9777ac0168fc5be2d0fcf99e678fed0e.gif

I don't see what CSU did wrong here. But if they can find out which parent called, then they should make dame sure that their little bundle of joy does not share their world view before granting admission.
So we’re saying a public university should a) evaluate applicants for opinions and positions they find objectionable and b) not let students in if they hold an objectionable opinion?

So we’re saying a public university should a) evaluate applicants for opinions and positions they find objectionable and b) not let students in if they hold an objectionable opinion?
Possibly. With this thought in mind, I'd say that it's probably not a good idea to dress up in Nazi regalia for your application video. That's my recommendation, at least.

I get your example but I’m not comfortable making thought policing part of the enrollment evaluation
Part of the goal of the admissions department is to provide a safe and conducive learning environment for all of your students. If you believe that an applicant may compromise that, you have every right to deny them admission.

Well it looks like CSu picked up a 4* grad transfer who sat out '17. Bad news: he might be talented. Good news: he's a grade A moron.:ROFLMAO:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2346537-nobodys-a-winner-in-the-preston-williams-recruiting-saga

Reports out of camp from reliable sources are they have 2 freak athletes at WR. One is former 5* recruit transfer from Tennessee. The other is Jackson, who showed some amazing talent as a true Frosh last year. Olabisi Johnson is a solid and reliable option .

While the loss of Gallup is huge, I expect CSU to be as strong at WR as last year.

They will be fine at RB.

The questions will be up front and QB. Grad transfer from Louisville will be the LT. A couple jucos likely to start as well.

Reports out of camp from reliable sources are they have 2 freak athletes at WR. One is former 5* recruit transfer from Tennessee. The other is Jackson, who showed some amazing talent as a true Frosh last year. Olabisi Johnson is a solid and reliable option .

While the loss of Gallup is huge, I expect CSU to be as strong at WR as last year.

They will be fine at RB.

The questions will be up front and QB. Grad transfer from Louisville will be the LT. A couple jucos likely to start as well.
Yeah, their WR position will be as strong as its ever been, IMO. They probably will be ok on offense and could be as strong as last year

Now, their defense is another story. They lost pretty much everyone from a defense that was atrocious. In the Mountain West, you just need one side to be pretty good to have a successful season.

Big holes on D for sure. Some of their best guys were very young though including at least two of the big boys up front. Suspect for sure.

Part of the goal of the admissions department is to provide a safe and conducive learning environment for all of your students. If you believe that an applicant may compromise that, you have every right to deny them admission.
Fair enough. What level of racism is considered “safe” and how will you measure it?

I believe the best chance CSU had at beating CU was three years ago. The trajectory of the two programs since then has been in opposite directions. This year in particular is setting up to be an epic beat down.

That said, CU often finds a way to **** the bed in this game, so I’ll refrain from making any actual predictions.
63-0

They will be fine at RB.

Isn't UW grad transfer KJ Carta Samuels the guy there for the sheep?

Back