What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

CBS-SN has broadcasting rights to MWC games. CSU is the home team, therefore its on their network.

Dumb question-but how does the refereeing work in this series? We've had Pac 12 referees (Terry Leyden in 2016 and Chris Coyte LY) the last two years......are we getting Big 12/MWC refs this year?

Dumb question-but how does the refereeing work in this series? We've had Pac 12 referees (Terry Leyden in 2016 and Chris Coyte LY) the last two years......are we getting Big 12/MWC refs this year?

I don't know how the scheduling/negotiations of this series worked out. It appears that the home team gets to choose, but I am not sure.

I don't know how the scheduling/negotiations of this series worked out. It appears that the home team gets to choose, but I am not sure.

No worries. I wanted to see if anyone here knew-no sense in asking goat fans and having them tell me Pac 12 officiating needs to be investigated right after Russian collusion by Robert Mueller.

The easy solution is to avoid talking to goat fans.

Their season begins and ends on Aug. 31........I can't wait to watch their fans bitch about how there's no RMS in 2021, and I would give Joe Parker an ultimatum if I'm RG-You either give me a second game in Boulder for one trip to Fort Collins or I'll replace you in 2023 and 2024 with BYU or Wyoming (both of whom would give us a 2 for 1 tomorrow).

The assertions by some on that board that CU, Arkansas and Florida are all "winnable" games for them is peak "CSU Fan".

They could beat Arky, but they're not beating us or Florida. I don't know why they're even talking about playing after this contract ends-this series needs another 20 something year long hiatus.

They could beat Arky, but they're not beating us or Florida. I don't know why they're even talking about playing after this contract ends-this series needs another 20 something year long hiatus.

They aren't beating Arky either. If it was the first game on the schedule and they could spend all camp gearing up for it like they did with Oregon State or if it came after a bye week they might but it is the game between CU and Florida.

Not only will they lose to CU but they are going to be beat up and emotionally deflated. Arky is not a great team but they have the physical size an strength required to survive in the SEC. It will be the second week in a row that CSU is facing bigger, stronger, faster players and they just don't have the depth to overachieve and win.

They should get a win against a bad Hawaii team that is travelling to altitude. After that they are looking at getting kicked three weeks in a row before they get a winnable game again against Illinois State. That one could even be tough as Illinois State started last year strong before falling off later in the year.

I agree aholeskin. In fact, 100 year hiatus would make me happier.
Although its was priceless in 1983 when McCartney was totally trashing their program at the Friday night rally and saying we should NEVER lose to CSU. Then the drunk fans around chanted "Go WAC off" at the CSU fans at the game.
Nothing more fun that year than thumping lil bro on the noggin.

Although its was priceless in 1983 when McCartney was totally trashing their program at the Friday night rally and saying we should NEVER lose to CSU. Then the drunk fans around chanted "Go WAC off" at the CSU fans at the game.
Nothing more fun that year than thumping lil bro on the noggin.

HAHAHAHAHA that makes me said the WAC doesn't play football anymore-we could have chanted that at their fans at the end of the last two games

HAHAHAHAHA that makes me said the WAC doesn't play football anymore-we could have chanted that at their fans at the end of the last two games
They didn't find any joy in it, which of course was even better and more fun once they got an earful of those poetic words.
Of course I was too dignified to engage in such behavior. It was the engineering students that started it.

For the second year in a row, the Rams will open their season early, hosting Hawaii on Aug. 25 before taking on the Buffs six days later. ... After facing CU, the Rams host Arkansas and then visit Florida. ... In three years at Washington, Carta-Samuels completed 27 of 47 passes for 310 yards, three touchdowns and an interception. In all three years, he backed up starter Jake Browning. ... The Rams' current streak of five consecutive bowl appearance ties a school record. ... CSU is 1-7 against Power 5 conference teams over the past three years, including three consecutive losses to CU. The Rams haven't lost four in a row to the Buffs since CU's eight-game win streak from 1987-1998. ... Including newcomers and injured players, the Rams will add more than 30 scholarship players to the mix in fall that did not participate in spring. ... Although there are question marks on offense and defense, the Rams are set in the kicking game. Sophomore punter Ryan Stonehouse and senior kicker Wyatt Bryan are among the best in the MWC. Bryan was 16-for-22 on field goals last year, while Stonehouse averaged 45.9 yards per punt. ... According to the experience chart in Phil Steele's preseason publication, the Rams rank last in the country (No. 130) overall. The offensive line, with only 22 career starts, ranks 125th in experience."

ala BUFFZONE

CSU making a bowl game this year would be a miracle and Bobo might be able to land a new coaching gig somewhere else.

Given that they play Arkansas and @Florida in the coming weeks, maybe the ewes are more concerned about making it to the MWC portion of the schedule unscathed.

That experience factor could mean a blowout win over the ewes this season.

CSU making a bowl game this year would be a miracle and Bobo might be able to land a new coaching gig somewhere else.

Given that they play Arkansas and @Florida in the coming weeks, maybe the ewes are more concerned about making it to the MWC portion of the schedule unscathed.

That experience factor could mean a blowout win over the ewes this season.
This is probably their toughest schedule in a very long time, but it won't be a miracle to get to 6 wins.

Back