What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

It is not a deep league at the moment. The great teams feast on the weak ones. Those bottom teams are equivalent to every other conference's bad teams.

This should be fun to revisit. One side is going to completely wrong.
Yep, and maybe I’m way off base as I was last year when I thought Oregon State wouldn’t struggle with them. I just don’t equate Arkys talent with Oregon States, though, and the all important recruiting rankings would suggest that as well.

Two mediocre to bad teams early in the season? I will take the home team most of the time.

"But SEC!!!!!" is not a sound argument for the bottom quarter of that conference. No wonder that legend lives on.

Well, we could take a look at the statistical history of SEC teams playing OOC games outside of the SEC footprint but that would require there to be a history of SEC teams playing OOC games outside the SEC footprint.

Rammy fans have some hope, I think it was nfl.com that had a story about the top 10 WRs the NFL should be watching, and 2 are at CSU. Can they get ball enough? Will be interesting to see if the QB and line play is good enough.

Rammy fans have some hope, I think it was nfl.com that had a story about the top 10 WRs the NFL should be watching, and 2 are at CSU. Can they get ball enough? Will be interesting to see if the QB and line play is good enough.

No QB and No O Line

Speaking of CSU...am I right that Lubick had a losing record against CU? Trying to see how Rammies always revert to Lubick beating us down (1 game) but overall was like 4-9 ?

Hurricane Charley kept me from going to that game and shut down my satelite reception right after the last play.

No way they put up points against us
Their offense has effectively replaced all the key losses on paper with transfers (QB from UW, WR from UTjr) and a stable of young RBs who looked very good last year as the year went on.

Their offense could easily be better this year if (big if of course) their young OL is decent. That is a huge question mark that nobody outside the program has any clue of including their fan base. Much like the Buffs are counting on 2-3 frosh to take over on our OL, the Rams will be counting on younger OL guys with no experience (but probably an average of an extra year on campus).

I suspect that their offense is not their challenge, it will be defense as usual under Bobo.

Their offense has effectively replaced all the key losses on paper with transfers (QB from UW, WR from UTjr) and a stable of young RBs who looked very good last year as the year went on.

Their offense could easily be better this year if (big if of course) their young OL is decent. That is a huge question mark that nobody outside the program has any clue of including their fan base. Much like the Buffs are counting on 2-3 frosh to take over on our OL, the Rams will be counting on younger OL guys with no experience (but probably an average of an extra year on campus).

I suspect that their offense is not their challenge, it will be defense as usual under Bobo.
Are you sure you aren't a CSU fan?

It is not a deep league at the moment. The great teams feast on the weak ones. Those bottom teams are equivalent to every other conference's bad teams.

Difference is, every SEC team always has one more win AND one less loss that the rest of us...so they just look better.
8-4 SEC = 7-5 Pac-12

If this turns out to be true, it would be an amazing turn around from MM’s first few years.

Back