What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/31)

Ramfan thinks that if they don't win at least two from Hawaii / CU / Arky / Florida that Bobo should be fired before he gets back to Ft Fun.
That’s because Ramfan also believes they belong in the top 15 like they used to be... Most on that board are delusional

Ramfan thinks that if they don't win at least two from Hawaii / CU / Arky / Florida that Bobo should be fired before he gets back to Ft Fun.

Problem for CSU fans is that the athletic department can't afford to fire him.

They are already swimming in red ink. To fire Bobo and pay another coach would total more than their conference media revenues

At some point the school administration is going to start asking how much money they are willing to sink.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/sp...letics-among-highest-mountain-west/746945002/

That’s because Ramfan also believes they belong in the top 15 like they used to be... Most on that board are delusional
When did they used to be? By far the best stretch in the history of CSU football was 1994-2002. In those 9 seasons under Lubick, CSU won its conference title 6 times. That period also represented the only 3 seasons CSU finished ranked under Lubick in his 15 years there. Final rankings were #14, #15 and #16 (Coaches) and #14, #16 and #17 (AP). Basically, CSU has had 1 or 2 seasons in its history when it was a Top 15 team. There is no "used to be".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Lubick

When did they used to be? By far the best stretch in the history of CSU football was 1994-2002. In those 9 seasons under Lubick, CSU won its conference title 6 times. That period also represented the only 3 seasons CSU finished ranked under Lubick in his 15 years there. Final rankings were #14, #15 and #16 (Coaches) and #14, #16 and #17 (AP). Basically, CSU has had 1 or 2 seasons in its history when it was a Top 15 team. There is no "used to be".
Correct. I think there is some hyperbole and nostalgi for those seasons where they had a decent run with Lubick.

So it was when i was like 9-17? CU was also good during that time outside of maybe 2 years, no wonder I only remember CSU always sucking.

:ROFLMAO: I tried to find this info when @TSchekler originally posted, but gave up after about 30 seconds of searching.

I bet 1 million dollars Buffs1990 posts that on there.

Is Arkansas really that bad? Just based on general talent level alone they ought to curb stomp the goats.

Is Arkansas really that bad? Just based on general talent level alone they ought to curb stomp the goats.
Tough to get a read on Arky. They graded out miserably last year, but the team pretty clearly quit midway through the season.

Arky is a below average P5 team who will be playing it's first road game under a new coaching staff when they travel to Fort Collins. If CSU loses that game, they are in big trouble IMO.

Tough to get a read on Arky. They graded out miserably last year, but the team pretty clearly quit midway through the season.
Arky has a new coach. But talent wise, they are a total mismatch for CSU. It won't be pretty, but Arky will win.

Low-level SEC talent is still SEC talent. And CSU is in a rebuild. It'll probably be close game, but I still think even a bad Arky team has more firepower. Couldn't find a line on it.

That being said, I thought that OSU was ready to make a leap last year and would roll CSU, but boy was I wrong.

The real question that Ramfan should be asking themselves is, after starting 1-3 with only a close win over a sleepy Hawaii team, can they pull out a victory against Illinois State....I think they should get the win, but it is going to be a very close game.

The only reason CSU gets two wins out of their first five games is because their two wins are at home. If they had to play at Hawaii or at Illinois State they would lose.

Going to be a very long year for Ramfan.

The real question that Ramfan should be asking themselves is, after starting 1-3 with only a close win over a sleepy Hawaii team, can they pull out a victory against Illinois State....I think they should get the win, but it is going to be a very close game.

The only reason CSU gets two wins out of their first five games is because their two wins are at home. If they had to play at Hawaii or at Illinois State they would lose.

Going to be a very long year for Ramfan.
Illinois St in at #14 in Athlon's FCS top 25.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/athlon-sports-preseason-fcs-top-25-2018

Ah yes, the vaunted depth of the SEC shall shine through.
247sports class rankings for Arkansas:

2014: #29 (#11 SEC)
2015: #22 (#11 SEC)
2016: #23 (#9 SEC)
2017: #27 (#10 SEC)
2018: #49 (#14 SEC)

Their depth of talent is worlds better than CSU's. It's significantly better than CU's. The real question is whether the coaching staff is able to pull it together, whether the pieces fit, and whether there's a winning mentality & chemistry in the locker room.

fwiw, I like Chad Morris and his power spread offense a lot for Arkansas. I think they'll put up points.

Low-level SEC talent is still SEC talent. And CSU is in a rebuild. It'll probably be close game, but I still think even a bad Arky team has more firepower. Couldn't find a line on it.

That being said, I thought that OSU was ready to make a leap last year and would roll CSU, but boy was I wrong.

Oregon State is a power five team in name only lol......I don't know if they'd beat Kansas if you put the two of them on a field right now.

I just checked and the CSU/Arky game is at 6:30 on 9/8. That’s right after the CU/Neb game.

Depending on how things develop, that Arky game might be kind of fun to go see.

Arky is a below average P5 team who will be playing it's first road game under a new coaching staff when they travel to Fort Collins. If CSU loses that game, they are in big trouble IMO.

Arky have a tune up game the week before at home, so they'll be fine. There's nothing on CSU's roster that leads me to believe that they can beat even a low level power 5 team (save Kansas probably).

Ah yes, the vaunted depth and talent of CSU shall shine through?

Two mediocre to bad teams early in the season? I will take the home team most of the time.

"But SEC!!!!!" is not a sound argument for the bottom quarter of that conference. No wonder that legend lives on.

Recruiting rankings in the top 30 still puts them in the bottom quartile of the conference and we don’t think the SEC is deep?

Not sure I follow that logic.

Two mediocre to bad teams early in the season? I will take the home team most of the time.

"But SEC!!!!!" is not a sound argument for the bottom quarter of that conference. No wonder that legend lives on.
And I agree that the SEC is always put on a pedestal, but their talent is far superior to CSU’s and it’s not really debatable. There is no way CSU should win the game, home or not.

Recruiting rankings in the top 30 still puts them in the bottom quartile of the conference and we don’t think the SEC is deep?

Not sure I follow that logic.

It is not a deep league at the moment. The great teams feast on the weak ones. Those bottom teams are equivalent to every other conference's bad teams.

And I agree that the SEC is always put on a pedestal, but their talent is far superior to CSU’s and it’s not really debatable. There is no way CSU should win the game, home or not.

This should be fun to revisit. One side is going to completely wrong.

Back