What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

The Pac12 is standing on the cliff of self-relegation. It’ll be interesting to see which way the wind blows.

I believe this country is divided into 2. I believe that if we got our news from Walter Cronkite like we did when I was a kid, we'd all be on the same page on this issue.
We would believe in science universally.
We would believe that Global Warming is real and man-made.
We would believe that this Virus is NOT a political sham made up by liberals.

Yes, I believe that if the schools in those conferences had informed fan bases, they'd have dropped this idea already.

Statistically unlikely, but you are dead wrong on each and every point. Made me smile. Thanks for that.

or maybe they never actually voted?

usually whether or not there was a vote is a clear point. something smells strange.

cbs link

Watch them say "Well, see, there was never actually an OFFICIAL vote. News got leaked and well... you know... we have always intended to play football this year. The season is going to go on as we originally planned"

Especially when you looked at what just happened UNC. A week or two of in person classes and they have now closed campus and sent everyone home...

This isn't going to go well.
Notre dame was the poster child for their handling of covid and they are even having problems a week into all of it.

Pressure will continue to ratchet up if the current trend continues. National infection rate has improved over the last month. School reentry continues to be the wildcard. Initial data isn't great (unsurprisingly) but I suspect it will normalize again.

Pressure will continue to ratchet up if the current trend continues. National infection rate has improved over the last month. School reentry continues to be the wildcard. Initial data isn't great (unsurprisingly) but I suspect it will normalize again.
It’s definitely going to get worse before it gets better. These students clearly don’t care about it based on all the pictures coming out of bars packed full.

What is your source? Thesis?
There are some unreliable sources on Twitter that are claiming their "BIG sources" have said that as long as a massive outbreak doesn't happen over the next few days/week, they will announce that they are going to play this Fall. Of course, that's likely not true and just being said due to the 250k+ signatures on that petition and the PSU AD coming out saying they never actually voted on anything.

I’m sure the ADs never did vote on anything. It’s not something they would vote on. This would fall squarely on the Presidents.

Not so crazy if it takes $10k to test just the football team 1 time
Well then maybe they shouldn’t be trying to practice right now if they can’t test and contain the spread. If the NFL thinks daily testing is the only way to go about it right now and they aren’t on college campuses where this stuff spreads like wildfire there could be an issue there.

I think NBA gets first dibs since they and PA provided funding.

I’m not sure how SalivaDirect intends to scale manufacturing and distribution.
This is a futures thing folks as Hawg1 mentions, manufacturing and distribution is still to be conquered.

Back