What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

Down the rabbit hole I go.
Oh man, that wasn’t even a hot Maximus take, it was straight from Rod’s mouth. Jynes was getting time at Tackle on Saturday.

On that note, there is a thought that Fenske is able to play Tackle. I guess I don’t see a 6’4” G/C making that transition.

Either way, apparently Fenske, Lytle, Ray, and Wiley = Good depth at Tackle. Also, the two true freshman can definitely play, stats and ratings be dammed

Oh man, that wasn’t even a hot Maximus take, it was straight from Rod’s mouth. Jynes was getting time at Tackle on Saturday.

On that note, there is a thought that Fenske is able to play Tackle. I guess I don’t see a 6’4” G/C making that transition.

I could see it in a pinch. Same with Ray.

But maybe, just maybe, recruiting natural tackles is a better idea. Like lots of them, given the apparent Rod Blocking Sled hit rate.

His position coach isn't going to bash him if he's not doing well, he's not Frost. It's coach speak BigBang cmon buddy

Usually I would agree, but Coach Rod is a strange one. Watch his recent interview. Raves about Wiley but says the transfers still have to figure it out.

Last edited:
Usually I would agree, but Coach Rod is a strange one. Watch is recent interview. Raves about Wiley but says the transfers still have to figure it out.

Yeah, funny how people hear different things. I’m with you.

When discussing Wray and Fenske, Coach Rodrigue said (paraphrasing) that” they’re coming along, got to unlearn some things, coach them in my system”, and then in a soft tone, sort of throws out “I suspect they will be contributors”.

Contributors?!!? Max Wray better be ready to start day one at Left Tackle or this team is screwed.

Yeah, funny how people hear different things. I’m with you.

When discussing Wray and Fenske, Coach Rodrigue said (paraphrasing) that” they’re coming along, got to unlearn some things, coach them in my system”, and then in a soft tone, sort of throws out “I suspect they will be contributors”.

Contributors?!!? Max Wray better be ready to start day one at Left Tackle or this team is screwed.
There is a reason Wray et al sat out of the scrimmage on Sat, and Wiley, Ray and Jynes did not. Let’s not over think this guys.

There is a reason Wray et al sat out of the scrimmage on Sat, and Wiley, Ray and Jynes did not. Let’s not over think this guys.
No doubt, I know Wray at LT has been written in ink for a while now. I’m just pointing out the differences in how certain people perceived Rod’s comments.

Once Filp comes back in week 3 or so. The depth at OT would be the best in many years.

Wiley
Max Wray
Filip
Lytle
Ray

can all play tackle and be competent. The Tank will need one or two more years of development. I also like the Ginger guy that ommited to CU.

I know it was briefly mentioned as an observation, but any word on why Clayton didn’t receive (many, if any) touches in the scrimmage?

Once Filp comes back in week 3 or so. The depth at OT would be the best in many years.

Wiley
Max Wray
Filip
Lytle
Ray

can all play tackle and be competent. The Tank will need one or two more years of development. I also like the Ginger guy that ommited to CU.
That’s ridiculous. You listed 5 names, and two of them are guards. 3 tackles and 2 emergency back-ups doesn’t equate to depth.

I know it was briefly mentioned as an observation, but any word on why Clayton didn’t receive (many, if any) touches in the scrimmage?
don't know the answer but his twitter after last Saturday's scrimmage certainly seemed like a disgruntled individual feeling wronged
I have a big feeling he's not a Buff this time next fall if he's not contributing.

don't know the answer but his twitter after last Saturday's scrimmage certainly seemed like a disgruntled individual feeling wronged
I have a big feeling he's not a Buff this time next fall if he's not contributing.
I will say that if he goes two years of not being able to get on the field, I won’t be too broken up if he decides to move on. I can understand last year as a true freshman and maybe Hagan preferred experience and didn’t like his attitude, but if he isn’t good enough to force his way on the field this year, it’ll be more than “Hagan playing favorites”.

Here we go again!

I will say that if he goes two years of not being able to get on the field, I won’t be too broken up if he decides to move on. I can understand last year as a true freshman and maybe Hagan preferred experience and didn’t like his attitude, but if he isn’t good enough to force his way on the field this year, it’ll be more than “Hagan playing favorites”.

Depends on who Hagan plays. Hagan can certainly find starting RBs, but he has never been a rotation type of coach.

Back