What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Arizona is that when you have hired Rich Rod & Sumlin plus had their basketball situation, it tells you it's a university that is willing to use creative practices to get talent and win. Respect. Fisch would not be having this success in recruiting if CU had hired him.

Last edited:
Hopefully we'll see some portal entries from UGA & Bama.

I know some of you argue against guys who were heralded recruits but don't earn snaps. But you can't convince me that the worst scholarship OL at either of these schools wouldn't be one of the 5 best at CU.

I know some of you argue against guys who were heralded recruits but don't earn snaps. But you can't convince me that the worst scholarship OL at either of these schools wouldn't be one of the 5 best at CU.
They have walk-ons who would be starters in Boulder (and more than a few other places.)

Problem is these guys don’t end up at CU nearly as often as they end up at Ole Miss, Miss St, Kentucky, Nebraska, Baylor, TCU, Mich St, Florida State, West Virginia….etc

That game last night put me in a state of despair.

Everyone was so fast, athletic, and talented it was like watching a different sport than all the CU games I saw this year. CU is never getting back up that mountain. It will be fun hoping for the occasional P12 south title and extremely rare Rose Bowl appearance, but CU is never winning another football championship as long as I live.

Everyone was so fast, athletic, and talented it was like watching a different sport than all the CU games I saw this year. CU is never getting back up that mountain. It will be fun hoping for the occasional P12 south title and extremely rare Rose Bowl appearance, but CU is never winning another football championship as long as I live.
Sorry, but we're never sniffing the Rose Bowl. Never.

The thing about Arizona is that when you have hired Rich Rod & Sumlin plus had their basketball situation, it tells you it's a university that is willing to use creative practices to get talent and win. Respect. Finch would not be having this success in recruiting if CU had hired him.
And that is why I’m done. Why invest in an organization that will not take the steps necessary to be successful? I can’t do it when I have no hope of Colorado being anymore than a bottom feeder. They have no vision and no plan.

I thought the exact same thing, the speed was stunning, and I could not talk myself into any type of method where there would be a CU team in that position without a recurring budget of $10 million a year for the players. Honestly at this point, all players need to get paid on a contract like a Work Study to level the playing field, otherwise, lets move to FCS and at least have a shot at some playoffs.

I thought the exact same thing, the speed was stunning, and I could not talk myself into any type of method where there would be a CU team in that position without a recurring budget of $10 million a year for the players. Honestly at this point, all players need to get paid on a contract like a Work Study to level the playing field, otherwise, lets move to FCS and at least have a shot at some playoffs.
There's about 6 teams in CFB that are built like Bama, not sure comparing the Buffs to Alabama means we should relegate to the FCS. Miami in the 90s and USC in the early 2000s were also stacked with depth charts 3-4 Blue Chips Deep.

Could CFB use more parity? Desperately, yes.

Does the Transfer Portal and NIL create competition monopolies? Certainly

Are the Buffs in a really ****ty situation, sure. But this sky is falling mentality is getting ****ing old

I hate myself for loving the FCS answer, but those NDSU and MSU fans seemed to be having a really good time at the Championship game.

Same thoughts but not despair for me, more of a confirmation. 1st time really watching each of those teams for an extended time. I only watched the 2nd half but what I saw was not the same sport being played in Boulder. I’m not sure even Gonzo cracks the starting 11 on either squad and I’m 100% sure CU doesn’t have a single player on the 3- deep either.

That kind of inequity is insurmountable. Not that I thought CU is ever getting to the playoff but without a complete college football system change the elite 10 will be the elite 10 in varying order forever.

I don’t want to break on the small chance they decide not to leave. The first team meeting is Wednesday. I suspect they’ll annouce before then.
Team meeting? Ha.

1641916344387.gif

faviconV2

I guess it’s safe to say that Karl Dorrell has lost this team. Literally.
Literally? Like he’s physically unable to find the team? I would tend to think they’d mostly be at the Champions Center. Really should be pretty easy to locate, though.

Literally? Like he’s physically unable to find the team? I would tend to think they’d mostly be at the Champions Center. Really should be pretty easy to locate, though.
that's one literal definition, but others that fit DBT's statement even better include:
  • no longer possessed
  • ruined or destroyed physically or morally
  • taken away or beyond reach or attainment
  • lacking assurance or self-confidence
M-W link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back